Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Jackson Racing please....

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 02:10 PM
Originally Posted by firstshadow
got dynos for the at with the 5lb boost? and when can we expect to be able to buy it? *hopes to be able to buy it half way through the year* LoL
The 5PSI kit is looking good, with our final items coming together for a kit release right around the corner! Pre-orders are available!
Our final HP numbers ended at 120 Wheel HP, 30 Wheel HP over stock. Dyno graphs coming soon.

Good News this weekend!
Final altitude and mileage testing was completed this weekend!

We had no issues at all in the altitude, and with three men in the Fit, we got 35 MPG Highway. That was even with excursions into some twisties.
Obviously your mileage will differ in the city, and depending on how heavy your foot is. But that is our highway mileage testing.

How does that sound?

-Oscar Jr.

Last edited by OscarJr@JacksonRacing; 02-05-2007 at 03:06 PM.
Old 02-05-2007, 02:16 PM
5 Year Member
sounds great to me. when the SC for the auto comes out , you'll most likely get my $.

Originally Posted by OscarJr@JacksonRacing
The 5PSI kit is looking good, with

our final items coming together for a kit release right around the corner! Pre-orders are available!
Our final HP numbers ended at 120 HP, 30 HP over stock. Dyno graphs coming soon.

Good News this weekend!
Final altitude and mileage testing was completed this weekend!

We had no issues at all in the altitude, and with three men in the Fit, we got 35 MPG Highway. That was even with excursions into some twisties.
Obviously your mileage will differ in the city, and depending on how heavy your foot is. But that is our highway mileage testing.

How does that sound?

-Oscar Jr.

Old 02-05-2007, 02:22 PM
5 Year Member
I was wondering...when do you recommend the replacement of the belt? Every 15K miles?

Old 02-05-2007, 02:24 PM
well that sounds awesomeeee but now im a little confuzzled with the fit's horsepower, you guys say it has 90hp but on the honda site it says 109hp

and 35mpg highway with 3 people in the fit? thats pretty good

Old 02-05-2007, 02:35 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Originally Posted by firstshadow
well that sounds awesomeeee but now im a little confuzzled with the fit's horsepower, you guys say it has 90hp but on the honda site it says 109hp

and 35mpg highway with 3 people in the fit? thats pretty good
109 to the flywheel. 90hp to the wheels..

Old 02-05-2007, 02:45 PM
Originally Posted by TomiGunz
109 to the flywheel. 90hp to the wheels..

ohhhhh okay thnks

Old 02-06-2007, 11:45 PM
5 Year Member
It loses 19 HP from the flywheel to the Wheels?

Old 02-07-2007, 07:28 AM
Originally Posted by rcantu
I got curious about this so I called Jackson Racing. Spoke w Nick. Nice guy.

here's some info for you all.

2 models are the 5 and 10 boost models. These planned to be released this month. It's only for the MT right now. AT is underdevelopment but no set date.

preorder is $500 upfront. prices are...

$3495 5# system
$4995 10# system

the 10# includes a Hondata ecu program while the 5# is a piggy back

some #'s for you

baseline was 90hp to the wheels
5# kit was 130hp
10# kit was 160hp

torque i only have for the 10# kit of 140 lbs.

One really nice thing is the 5# kit is easily upgradeable to the 10# system and the cost is the same as buying a 10#. Oh the 5# is CARB legal. the 10# isn't.

oh and they're offroad header is so nice.

$1150 for a titanium exhaust w Billet flange. there's a street legal ceramic coated for $365 and a stainles for $497.

here's a pic of the titanium.

I didn't put more info as I may not be accurate. those above I wrote down.

When JR does the AT kit, if they could reprogram the shifting to stay in gear 100% of the time that would be great. Imagine using the sport steering wheel paddles at the track. that'd be really nice!
I dont understan very well. This KIT add 130HP or 160 HP Plus the 109HP of the car? or is the total??

Old 02-07-2007, 08:00 AM
5 Year Member
He is saying instead of 109HP stock it makes 130HP with the 5psi pulley. With the 10psi pulley it makes 160HP.

Old 02-07-2007, 09:46 AM
Supercharger kits are normally advertised to increase power between 35-50% over the stock engine power rating. The AT Fit output at the wheels has been measured between 74-90 by different folks.

Assuming 80 hp nominal for an AT Fit, you then install the JR charger and get 120 hp at the wheels. This is roughly a 50% increase in power. You now have 1 1/2 times the power you used to have. Not a bad deal.

In perspective the 10 psi kit is really giving you a 70% gain to achieve 160 hp with a manual trans car which normally puts down 95 hp stock.

Old 02-07-2007, 12:11 PM
The post quoted was not from me. He received preliminary numbers from our sales staff, with the kit still in prototype form.

We base all of our numbers to the wheels.
The Honda Fit Manual on our DynoJet chassis dyno made 94 wheel HP semi warm, meaning the "Temp" light just clicked off. When we got to normal operating temperature, it made 90 wheel HP. It lost a couple more horsepower once it was real warm. So 90 HP is our number.

With our final 5 PSI calibration, We made 120 wheel HP, a 30HP increase.
Our final 10 PSI HP numbers have not been completed.

Well said Sonorliteman!

-Oscar Jr.

Old 02-07-2007, 12:55 PM
5 Year Member
So I have a little question/scenario for you guys. You guys at Jackson Racing may or may not have heard that T1-R is developing a turbo kit that will run about 6psi with e-manage and an intercooler for our Fits. They are pricing the kit right around the $2k mark.

This attractive pricing is gaining a lot of attention and people are now on the fence about going with this kit of the T1-R turbo kit. What do you have to say to those on the fence about why they should go JRSC?

Old 02-07-2007, 12:59 PM
jus a stupid question but how easy would the install be, and is it pretty much plug and play or is a tune needed? thnx!

Old 02-07-2007, 01:42 PM
Originally Posted by dacalac
So I have a little question/scenario for you guys. You guys at Jackson Racing may or may not have heard that T1-R is developing a turbo kit that will run about 6psi with e-manage and an intercooler for our Fits. They are pricing the kit right around the $2k mark.

This attractive pricing is gaining a lot of attention and people are now on the fence about going with this kit of the T1-R turbo kit. What do you have to say to those on the fence about why they should go JRSC?

I smell a turbo vs super war coming soon! Let's not let this get out of hand guys....dacalac's question is still legit, so let's keep it genuine. My thoughts:

First we should wait until the T1R is finalized and the price is actually set....I personally was shocked when Ben said around $1,800-2k. Considering the fact that they had to make a mold and what not for the manifold, I find it hard to see that the kit won't go well over 2k. But if it does sell that low, it certainly is going to cause folks to struggle in deciding. I think the focus should be on several thinkgs:

Turn-key packaging: both kits seem to be turnkey, in that someone could install in the driveway, load the tune, and drive away, etc. Things like having to send in an ECU or getting a 'real' tune at a dyno may be some cons to look for.

Ease of installation: both kits appear to be have the same amount of complexity to install, and both require working behind the engine where space is somewhat limited.

Product & technical support...mostly a function of the individual businesses...both seem to be pretty reputable.

Quality of R&D & tuning: I'm impressed that JR seems to actually conduct real altitude tests. Guess the question is, how thourough and thought out is the R&D / tuning for each kit. I doubt that T1R would lack in this either.

Upgradability support....JR seems to be planning an upgrade kit from 5 to 10 psi. I'm sure that w/ a turbo, you could probably just adjust the wastegate and what not to get more pressure.

Anything else? Of course the obvious would be performance...once official dynos from both kits are available, things will be clearer.

Old 02-07-2007, 03:23 PM
5 Year Member
please understand that the post wasn't made to start a war. Just a way for each company to post why one is better than the other. To show the pros and cons. I've asked the same question in the T1-R turbo thread as well. Different people have different requirements and wants from their cars. This will help to make the decision a little easier. =)

Thread stickied as well.

Old 02-07-2007, 08:04 PM
I met the AJ-Racing guys at the Super Street Time Attack, and they are a great bunch of guys. I am sure they will produce a tremendous kit, and they will cover all their bases. We will see how things pan out when they release their kit, and when it is ready to go. Their kit will allow for both of our markets to expand.

The AJ-Racing kit will also be a great addition to comparison tests between the current Fit options. Three different attitudes: the Hasport K20 Fit, AJ-Racing Turbo Fit, and Jackson Racing Supercharged Fit! And now that the Manufacturers have had more engineering time with them, I expect a great battle!

I have News I will post tonight!
Thanks everyone!

-Oscar Jr.

Old 02-07-2007, 08:09 PM
Originally Posted by dacalac
please understand that the post wasn't made to start a war. Just a way for each company to post why one is better than the other. To show the pros and cons. I've asked the same question in the T1-R turbo thread as well. Different people have different requirements and wants from their cars. This will help to make the decision a little easier. =)

Thread stickied as well.

Agreed...I know you weren't, but you know where this type of thing can lead

Was also just thinking about the Rotrex s/c having it's own oil cooler system and special oil, vs. the turbo probably tapping into engine oil supply. Also, consider the s/c belt which may wear out faster than normal.. ?

Old 02-07-2007, 08:32 PM
My 2 cents of thought! (Please don't blame if you don't agree!)

I think that most of my friends (FIT club Hong Kong & FIT club China) is looking for the SC but not turbo unless there is no such option.

I have seeing a lot FIT with Turbo such as HKS one and the boost is great but all of them told me that there are lots small problems pops up after they equiped the turbo! As you can imagine!

Furthermore, it did not give a good response at low rev and I expect SC could fill up that gap compare to turbo!

Most of them have the engine ported before have the turbo installed, so when they have the turbo install they need to change a thicker head gasket in order to lower the compression ratio because some people burned their engine previously without doing that when they set the bar between 0.8 to 1.

The reason why people still doing it in either HK or China is because there is no SC option in the market and SC is not that mature in the asia market compare to most of the western countries in the world. Another reason is that we can buy a used FIT engine from Japan at US$800-900 only! So they just replace the engine when it burned!

Last edited by China FIT; 02-07-2007 at 08:34 PM.
Old 02-08-2007, 01:06 AM
News:

Jackson Racing completed the K Header for the Hasport Fit last week. I will have a massive picture post frenzy tomorrow. I owe everybody a lot of pictures!!

We plan on having this header available to "Swappers" so they have no need to make a custom header.
Minor news, but thought you guys might want to know.

Also,
Our JR Fit will be attending the Time Attack this weekend at California Speedway. We will be running our complete 5 PSI CARB setup at this event. We will also have upgraded brake pads and rotors.

Old 02-08-2007, 04:05 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by OscarJr@JacksonRacing
News:

Jackson Racing completed the K Header for the Hasport Fit last week. I will have a massive picture post frenzy tomorrow. I owe everybody a lot of pictures!!

We plan on having this header available to "Swappers" so they have no need to make a custom header.
Minor news, but thought you guys might want to know.

Also,
Our JR Fit will be attending the Time Attack this weekend at California Speedway. We will be running our complete 5 PSI CARB setup at this event. We will also have upgraded brake pads and rotors.
So are you guys going to be there saturday or sunday? and around what time? I'm dying to see the superchager because i'm still deciding on whether its going to be s/c, turbo, or swap. Time attack will def. clarify a lot of things for me

Quick Reply: Jackson Racing please....