Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Discussions about about exterior modifications, body-work, body-kits and JDM body styling

front emblem removal?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 04:52 PM
front emblem removal?

I searched but couldn't find the definitive answer.

Is there a way to remove just the front chrome part of the "H" emblem without damaging it or at least with the ability to reinstall it with tape?

Old 07-24-2008, 05:18 PM
if you take off the grille, you will notice two pins held with single use clips. break the clips and remove the emblem. the grille is just snaps in so it should be cake to remove

Old 07-24-2008, 06:13 PM
Originally Posted by Fit_to_be_tied
if you take off the grille, you will notice two pins held with single use clips. break the clips and remove the emblem. the grille is just snaps in so it should be cake to remove

Can the grille be removed without removing the bumper?

Old 07-24-2008, 06:19 PM
sorry, i just checked and the bumper has to come off

Old 07-24-2008, 07:34 PM
5 Year Member
i just used a flat head screwwdriver to get them off, it broke the two pins off the back but i was able to stick it back on with double sided sticky foam crap i had lying around, you want to get the screw driver as close to the emblem pins as you can so u dont break the emblem it self.

Old 07-24-2008, 07:42 PM
Originally Posted by xonexlifex
i just used a flat head screwwdriver to get them off, it broke the two pins off the back but i was able to stick it back on with double sided sticky foam crap i had lying around, you want to get the screw driver as close to the emblem pins as you can so u dont break the emblem it self.

Sounds good.

I really would like to avoid removing the bumper and grille if possible.

thanks for the feedback!

Old 07-24-2008, 10:47 PM
No it doesn't. I just did mine by following this sticky: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...t=front+emblem

Pull out the four top clips along the rad support. Gently bend the top of the bumper and on each end of the grill there is a philips screw. Remove these and then hook your little fingers in the grill and pull. It pops right out. When you put it back in make sure to clean out the bugs and gunk from the bumper so the grill goes in completely. put in the screws and clips and you are done. You are better doing this when it is hot out to make the bumper softer.

Only flex the bumper enough to get your hand under. Use a light to find the screws on the back side. One on each end. You will need a stubby screw driver (under 3 inches) to get the screws out. I used a philips bit in a ratchet

I used a little cut-off wheel on my dremel tool to cut the metal clips. This saves the plastic posts on the back of the emblem. Just cut between 2 of the little slits in the clip and the clip will fall off. You can get replacements at a hardware store where they have those drawers of odd parts and screws. My replacement clips are rectangle, but they work the same.

Last edited by seeremlive; 07-24-2008 at 10:54 PM. Reason: forgot something
Old 07-24-2008, 11:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by seeremlive
No it doesn't. I just did mine by following this sticky: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...t=front+emblem

Pull out the four top clips along the rad support. Gently bend the top of the bumper and on each end of the grill there is a philips screw. Remove these and then hook your little fingers in the grill and pull. It pops right out. When you put it back in make sure to clean out the bugs and gunk from the bumper so the grill goes in completely. put in the screws and clips and you are done. You are better doing this when it is hot out to make the bumper softer.

Only flex the bumper enough to get your hand under. Use a light to find the screws on the back side. One on each end. You will need a stubby screw driver (under 3 inches) to get the screws out. I used a philips bit in a ratchet

I used a little cut-off wheel on my dremel tool to cut the metal clips. This saves the plastic posts on the back of the emblem. Just cut between 2 of the little slits in the clip and the clip will fall off. You can get replacements at a hardware store where they have those drawers of odd parts and screws. My replacement clips are rectangle, but they work the same.
wow i wih i would have done this instead of just breaking them off, im gunna get the jdm red ones anyways but still it would have been nice to do awhile ago

Old 07-25-2008, 02:32 AM
Originally Posted by seeremlive

Thanks man!

Sounds like a plan.

Old 07-25-2008, 04:24 AM
i just broke it off with a screw driver. and sat there for ten minutes sanding the area with 200 grid sand paper to make it a flat.

Old 07-25-2008, 02:05 PM
Originally Posted by enjoito
i just broke it off with a screw driver. and sat there for ten minutes sanding the area with 200 grid sand paper to make it a flat.
I don't want to replace it with another emblem. I just want to paint the "H" and put it back on.

Old 07-25-2008, 02:39 PM
snap the tabs out ontop of the bumper. Take out the grille and then you have to break the tabs off the emblem to get the emblem off.