Fit I.C.E. Threads discussing in-car electronics including audio, video, security, and navigation systems for the Honda Fit/Jazz

Best $150 head unit for 1st gen Fit

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2014, 04:25 AM
Best $150 head unit for 1st gen Fit

Thinking about getting the missus a stereo upgrade for her 2008 Fit, something with Bluetooth for phone calls and audio streaming as well as USB and AUX on the faceplate. Looking at Crutchfield with $150ish the target price I see choices from all the usual brands (Alpine, JVC, Kenwood, Sony, etc).

The last couple head units I've installed were Kenwoods and they were decent but nothing special. On one of them the USB thing stopped working so that's a black mark. I don't know how crappy a 'cheap' Alpine might be compared to more pedestrian brands.

Also, single DIN vs double DIN? Any advantage to a larger unit that doesn't have a touchscreen/nav?

Old 12-14-2014, 01:52 AM
5 Year Member
I bought this one for my wife's impreza, works great. The ability to change the colors is a plus to me as I like matching interior lighting and I'll switch it up for holidays, lol.
JVC KD-X310BT Digital media receiver at Crutchfield.com

I was looking at this one for myself - JVC KD-X310BT Digital media receiver at Crutchfield.com

Old 12-15-2014, 02:02 AM
You'll get even more features for your 150 bux by going here. I'm not saying to buy walmart brands but the wife I can almost assure you will go for features/how simple it is to use the added features she wants versus how loud it gets like most males would. Also a new radio gives you the opportunity to put todays technology in her car making her want to stay into the car a lot longer. I'll link good examples.

Here are some to get the mind going...

JVC KW-R710 Double-DIN In-Dash Car Stereo For Android & iPod iPhone/Android compatible

Pioneer FH-X520UI Receiver w/ Pandora Support for iOS & Android iOS/Adroid compatible and Pandora Radio app.

Pioneer FH-X700BT Double-Din Bluetooth Car Stereo w/ Pandora iOS, BT, Pandora

JVC KW-R500 (KWR500) KS-BTA100 (KSBTA100) Bluetooth Same features as above with remote.

None have navi but since they are all iOS/Android compatible, the ones with screens could use Google NOW and Siri to show maps from phones.

i hope this helps.

Old 12-18-2014, 11:07 PM
I installed this in my 08 FIT

Not sure if this counts 100% for your criteria, but I LOVE this HU. I am looking to upgrade bass on this soon, so I will see then if it really pulls through. It has USB and AUX on faceplate - not sure about BT as I never use it. apps, etc. It's Double DIN and I love it. It also changes colors...

Sony WX-GT80UI CD receiver at Crutchfield.com

Old 12-19-2014, 02:53 AM
Originally Posted by BenH79
Not sure if this counts 100% for your criteria, but I LOVE this HU. I am looking to upgrade bass on this soon, so I will see then if it really pulls through. It has USB and AUX on faceplate - not sure about BT as I never use it. apps, etc. It's Double DIN and I love it. It also changes colors...

Sony WX-GT80UI CD receiver at Crutchfield.com
That radio is no longer available. That radio is not very driver friendly. All those tiny buttons would run me crazy...lol.