Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

HID Help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 12:59 PM
5 Year Member
sounds like a plug and play around kit.

Old 08-24-2007, 02:06 PM
Originally Posted by koolkevin1107
No. if u do that, u will have the high beam being on all the time on your hid's and never get anywhere. I wrote up a lil thing for u:

These are the wires coming out of the stock harness. they each do the following:

RED W/ WHITE STRIPE = 12+ VOLT
RED W/ YELLOW STRIPE = LOW BEAM GROUND
RED W/ BLUE STRIPE = HIGH BEAM GROUND

Okay now since ur HID'S is bi-xenon, im going to give u directions on how wired mine for bi-xenon. Bi-xenon has a little motor that pulls the HID back when the high beam is triggered. This means that the motor has a positive and negative wires for the motor only. So now u have 4 wires u got to work with:

One black (-) and One red (+) for the HID bulb itself. These wires are usually thick.
One black and One blue for the bi-xenon motor. These wires are probably thinner.

Now from the pictures you provided me, it looks like the pins are in the wrong place. Do u see that thick red and black wire coming out? those are to power the xenon bulb itself. Now that blue and thin black wire (attached to the other thick black wire) are the positive and negative for the bi-xenon motor. Take the pin out on all 3 wires (there is a little tab at the top of the black plug that u have to push in then u can slide the connector out) insert them back into the corresponding location of the wiring harness. do NOT plug in the blue wire yet. Once u get the positive and negative in the right slots, plug the HID harness into the stock harness n fire it up. See if it works. If it does (which it should) pat urself on the back. Now disconnect it and plug in that blue wire into the last existing slot and try it again. The hid's should still be on. Try the high beam, it it works, congrats, if it doesn't, that means u have to cut and re-pin some wires.

From the pix u are showing me, it looks like u will have to cut and re-pin some wires. If that is the case, just tell me i'll give u step by step instructions. I'm here to help.
Great, Thank you so much for your help. I will give it a try today again. I hope this work.

Old 08-26-2007, 01:27 PM
5 Year Member
i too have a similar problem......

i have a set of H4 low HIDs (not bi-xenons).. they turn on ok when i put on the high beam everything turns off!??.. when i switch back to low beam nothing happens to get them back on i have to switch them off and back on again

sometimes the high beam comes on bit the filement is very very dim... is there something wrong with the ballasts? or do i need to cut and re-pin the wires??

koolkevin1107 - can you confirm the the colour of the wires from left to right (blue black red)

any help appreciated..

Old 08-26-2007, 11:59 PM
5 Year Member
hey micchung. I'm not too sure about the UK fit's but if the colors you are giving me are on the headlight harness of ur fit, black should be ground for low beam and red should be positive and blue should be ground for high beam. Use a voltometer to double check everything.

As far as the hid kit itself, that's odd that it turns off or dims when u flash ur high's and go back 2 lows because you are still sending a 12volt to the ballast regardless. I think ur HID'S have a voltage surge protector inside to protect the ballasts n bulbs. that's a good thing. Just don't flash ur high beams anymore. Oh and if u have a single filament non-bi-xenon kit, u won't have high beams, only lows so when u pull the turn signal stock, there is no high beam on the HID'S so it will turn off.

Old 08-27-2007, 03:01 PM
5 Year Member

koolkevin1107, i'm still confused??...i'm really rubbish with electrics..and the instructions that came with the HIDs dont tell me anything.

i have the same wire configuration on the HID harness as above picture,

- what colour wires on the HID harness corresponds with which colour on the car harness?
:

car - desciption - HID

red/white - 12V - BLACK?
red/yellow - low beam - RED?
red/blue - high beam - BLUE?

i've tried different combinations but nothing seems to work...do i need to re-pin the wires??...

thanks mic

Old 08-29-2007, 03:07 AM
5 Year Member
Honestly, u need 2 go get a voltmeter to figure out what colors do what on ur stock harness because im not too sure on the UK fit's wiring. Check out our wiring harness for the USDM fit's below:

Now u said that ur HID harness has the same plug and same wire configuration as yugisama? If it looks EXACTLY the same as his, then u have the same HID harness. The thick red and black wires that comes out of that sleeve are the positive and negative terminals for the HID bulb itself. The other thinner black ground wire (the farthest wire on the right) is the ground wire for the bulb's bi-xenon motor. The blue is the positive for the bulbs bi-xenon motor. Just unpin the pins from the HID harness plug and take the red pin and plug it into the corresponding hole on the stock harness (the red w/ white stripe wire) and take the black one and plug it into the corresponding hole on the stock harness (the red w/ yellow stripe) if u have the same headlight harness as the USDM fit, it should turn on, but the bi-xenon function won't work (if u have bi-xenon's) because the fit uses 2 grounds and one positive terminals on the headligth harness. Try that and tell me if it works.