Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

GE8 HID Installation

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 10:43 AM
just get over it, the hid kits were installed that same day he replied. why is there so many damn haters. always trying to put people down. laters.

Old 07-22-2010, 03:41 PM
5 Year Member
It's too bad you think I was trying to put you down.

My point was simple... if you're going to do things (install a HID kit), then you should be able to do other things that are at least part of the process (pull out a bulb). That if you think it's "easier" to do something that (potentially) takes a hundred times longer than a quick and simple task, it implies that you are not comfortable doing it.

Things like HID kits, requires you to both be comfortable and to CARE about it. If you make a mistake or don't know what you're doing, you can easily fry your electrical system (some kits require splicing). And if the wiring is anything like the Pathfinder, that headlight socket is part of the main electrical harness that runs all over the engine bay to EVERYTHING.

If you don't care, then you could also be blinding oncoming cars... in which case, you are the proof other people need to argue against HID kits.

I don't mind that you are using a HID kit, I was using them too, in the Pathfinder. But, that is so long as you have a good set with a clean cutoff and that you ADJUST the aim to minimize impact on oncoming drivers.

Old 07-23-2010, 08:34 AM
yeah am actually going to adjust them this weekend, for the reason that i hate when cars are coming my direction and their lights are straight to my face/eyes. That bothers the crap out of me. lol