Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

Help Plz, ambient light switch itself

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 02:15 AM
Help Plz, ambient light switch itself

Hi everybody, i posted this in the regular forum but with no luck. I was hoping i could find an answer in this lighting section. So anyway i have an 09 Fit sport and just bought just the ambient light switch for the 09 because i can wire up my own lighting instead of paying $100 bucks for the honda blue light. so heres my question....

1. The switch has five prongs in the back, i have figured out the two of the five prongs that allow current to flow through when pressed and cut current when the switch is depressed. I want to be able to light up the bulb with my parking lights like how its suppose to but i just cant figure out which one it is.

If anybody has the factory ambient lights kit, it would just be simple as getting a voltage tester and aligator clip the ground side and simply poke the pointy end in the harness (while being plugged into the switch of course) and finding out which wire gets positive voltage each time the parking lights are turned off and on.

All the LED's currently installed are connected to the factory dome light wire so they all dim out turn on with door unlocking and what not. The switch manually turns on all the leds and the dome light. heres some pics.

3mm led in center pocket area. also have SMT LED mounted in the foot well area.

5mm leds installed in door panel under arm rest.

closer pic of SMT in foot well, sorry for blurry picture.

These lights are just temporary as far as the color goes, obviously some are cool white while some are more a bluish white. Also probably going to tap the center pocket light into the parking light wire, i have too much bright lights turning on when the door opens and what not. Anyway please help me out with the switch so I can see it light up at night, i like perfection.
Also going to install the LED's in the rear door panels as well facing downwards like the front. Any other ideas that are luxury like instead of ricer mod type stuff?

Heres some pic of my 05 TL with some LED's i used to make custom headlights. Just giving you an idea of what creative things can be made.

Old 04-07-2009, 04:20 PM
5 Year Member
Bump for the same question
(is it possible to have the lights on and run with the dome light)

Old 04-07-2009, 08:16 PM
i dont understand the question. the switch is used to send the negative (ground) current to turn on the interior lights. you have to splice into the harness plugging into the ecu. I guess nobody knows about which of the prongs actually powers the bulb in the switch huh.