Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

GE8 LED Tail Light Install help needed

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 12:05 AM
5 Year Member
Question GE8 LED Tail Light Install help needed

I looked around the site and could not find the solution.
I got these Junyans off ebay:

They aren't plug and play. The issue is the reverse light socket/bulb holder is too small and won't fit in the Junyan reverse light hole.

However, the OEM brake light socket/bulb holder will fit in the Junyan, but the reverse cable won't fit in that socket (see pic 3).

Is there an adapter that can make the two fit? I would rather not splice the OEM wiring. I would like to be able to return to the OEM tails easily.

Pic 2. Just for reference, here's what the back of the Junyan looks like. In the picture, the wire extender (brown plug), is in the amber turn signal hole. (Note Fig. A) It is more suited for the LED Brake light--brown plug should plug to the end of the LED Brake Light cable).
Name:  back_of_junyan.jpg
Views: 586
Size:  47.2 KB

Pic 3 (How can I connect these two without splicing?)
Name:  tail-light-sockets.jpg
Views: 802
Size:  44.4 KB

Last edited by blassty; 08-11-2010 at 04:04 PM.
Old 08-11-2010, 03:54 PM
5 Year Member
you can pop the green 2-pin connector open, remove the pins and plug them into a 4-pin connector 04321-SH2-305.

Old 08-11-2010, 04:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Zalthras
you can pop the green 2-pin connector open, remove the pins and plug them into a 4-pin connector 04321-SH2-305.
Thank you for the info and the part number!. Where do I get the 4-pin connector from? Just at the Dealer or an online parts store like College Hills? or is it more common I can get it at a hardware store?

Old 08-11-2010, 04:54 PM
5 Year Member
It would have to be dealer or online honda parts dealer of your choice - which ever's cheaper/easier for you. They come in packs of 5 though.

Old 08-29-2010, 07:20 PM
5 Year Member
Talking Junyan LED Tail Lights

Just a follow-up.

I was able to install these, thanks to Zalthras' helpful post and the part number.

These are the Junyan clear/chrome LED tail lights, which I imagine is a copy of the Axis Styling brand (??????????). They are NOT plug and play (atleast the ones I got off ebay--meaning yours might be but wasn't for mine).

The issue is the hole in the tail light for the reverse light bulb-holder is too big for the reverse light. The work around is to use the OEM brake light bulb holder as the new reverse light. To do this, you have to do two things to each tail light.
1) You have to carve the plastic tabs in the hole (the thing that allows you to twist and lock the bulb-holders in place).
2) You have to use a new plug because the green ones won't fit. You can order it at an online parts store like College Hills, or Bernardi. The part number is: 04321-SH2-305, and comes in packs of 5. Just unclip the green ones, and put the new on one. The black cable is in the middle (2 of 4) position, and the green cable is in the 4th position, if you look at the plug oriented with the tab on the top. I have pictures but can't upload at the moment.

Conclusion:
These were bought for about $75 plus shipping on E-bay. You get what you pay for (i mentioned at the top these are knock-offs of the product from Axis Styling), and I am not extremely happy with the fitment. The left tail light doesn't fit exactly flush...maybe because I didn't over-tighten. I broke one of the 3 rods that you use to tighten the assembly to the car. However, you can't tell unless you are looking very closely.

I will post photos as soon as I can. For those stumbling into this post that are new to Fit Freak, go here to see what these look like on a Taffeta White GE8: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...e-daily-3.html. (thread courtesy JookyBanana's)

Old 03-11-2011, 06:27 AM
i got the brake light to work, reverse light, and turn signal to work, but not the tail light. do u know what could be the problem.

Old 03-25-2011, 09:10 PM
5 Year Member
How do you plug in the LED light? The plug doesn't connect to anything? I got the same taillights too.