Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

Question about lighting circuit in doors

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2018, 09:01 PM
Question about lighting circuit in doors

Heyoo, new to the forum, but been a tech for near 20 years. The wife has an 09 fit with a autobox we got from her grandmother bout 4 years ago. Only has 32k miles on it, and I gotta say its a dam fun car to drive. The platform is fantastic. Dynamic, and the interior is very well designed. Only complaint we have is the road noise and the buzzy haliriously underpowered engine...but anyway

She doesnt know it but Ive got a new double din Pioneer headunit with Apple car play coming for it, and its gonna get a full interior strip and sound deadening treatment. Rammat (ive used in the past and like it) to deaden all the panels, ensolite and MLV. Saw it done here by aother member and well its a no brainer for me, we take this car on trips as opposed to my W124 AMG powered benz. The mileage is better in the honda and its just a plesant and easy car to drive.

So onto my question, with removing all the door panels and what not and the radio upgrade im gonna do some ambient lighting for nighttime. I tend to do things like this for work in custom builds ( I work for Icon 4x4 as their electrical engineer) so I know what LEDs i wanna use, but noticing tonight driving the car the window switches in the drivers door light up, there has to be a lighitng circuit in there. Question is, is there lighting in all the doors? Or just the drivers door? Drivers and passanger door? Do the door harnesses have connections in the jambs or can I just run wiring into the door conduit with no issues? I dont have access to my diagrams ATM and since I know so many people have been there done that with lighitng I thought Id ask.

The LEDs wont be seen and wont be bright, just enough to see the door pockets with a dull glow so I can tap into the power for the window switches so they are on with the key at al times, I dont have an issue with that...but Id prefer them to be on a lighting circuit. As long as the window switches arnt on a silly CANbus network, I dont think this car is that complex as far as the windows go. But yeah, lights under the arm rest on the door panels, one over the cupholder in the frint of the console, always bugged me you cant see in there, and probably a dome light bulb upgrade while Im at it. Not gonna get too crazy with the lights, I wanna try and get this done in a weeekend, audio install, sound deadning treatment and lighting. Should be able to do it in pretty much a day with a little help, but I like going into these things prepared. I look forward to some info, thanks!!

Mark

Old 01-06-2019, 09:03 PM
Well since I didn't hear from anyone I poked into the working diagrams. Gonna be toeing the door lights into the window switches, they will be on with the ignition which is fine. I'll do a thread when I do the project in a few weeks. Already have a map light assbly too, used for 25$ looks new.