Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Scosche Honda Fit Kit closer than ever

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 07:57 PM
Platinum Honda FIT Vendor
Originally Posted by arteitle
It's not a "press write up", it's a press release, issued by your company, posted on your company's website. If you're saying that your company's press releases are inaccurate, then you should tell your public relations department.

Aaron T.
Thanks for bringing that to our attention.

Old 04-30-2007, 07:59 PM
Originally Posted by radareclipse

Here's how your car can look like with a double din navagation in it.
That kit looks horrible....

Old 04-30-2007, 08:07 PM
Originally Posted by spider2k
well i can tell you that if u dont like that one, you arent going to like the scosche either. im sorry but metra is a top notch company and i doubt the scosche is going to be any better. i hope for the sake of all the hype and waiting it is but from my own experience installing over the last 12 years, its not going to.

i hope you guys get your kits soon ive had my d3 with bluetooth and xm for 2 weeks and im lovin it.

So here is the best picture of a Metra Fit Kit I could find. Since Spider hasn't posted any pics, we really can't tell how good the Metra kit is. But compare the two. The Scosche kit blows it away. Everybody let me know what you think....

(Metra Kit)

(Scosche Kit on left, Factory Fit Radio on right)

Old 04-30-2007, 08:25 PM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
I think I filled the cup............

(from clerks II)

Old 04-30-2007, 08:54 PM
the Scosche kit does look better!

Old 04-30-2007, 08:55 PM
well i can tell you that if u dont like that one, you arent going to like the scosche either. im sorry but metra is a top notch company and i doubt the scosche is going to be any better. i hope for the sake of all the hype and waiting it is but from my own experience installing over the last 12 years, its not going to.

i hope you guys get your kits soon ive had my d3 with bluetooth and xm for 2 weeks and im lovin it.
LOL what ever helps you sleep at night man... sorry to be blunt, but the metra looks like ASS... the placement of the HU how no indentation like the JDM OEM peice.

Old 04-30-2007, 09:28 PM
5 Year Member
um yeah. the difference is the scosche kit has a huge bezel and the metra doesnt. its a matter of opinion as to whether you want a slim trim ring vs a wide one. as for hu orientation there is no difference as they both are at the same angle, the metra is a bit more recessed than the scosche. also the scosche requires you to use the radio bezel with the scosche bezel, the metra uses a single trim ring. once again a matter of opinion.

u guys wanna be all gung ho over the scosche kit thats not out yet thats fine, but its a plastic dash piece and as far as its "superior" nature...thats a bit of an overstatement.

as for what helps me sleep at night? i got my kit 2 weeks ago, it was free, and i got a d3,xm, and bluetooth for less than the h/u sells for online. im sleeping quite well thank you

enjoy your kits when they arrive ladies and gentlemen as you wont remember how bad your factory radio was after the first day.

Old 04-30-2007, 09:46 PM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
um yeah. the difference is the scosche kit has a huge bezel and the metra doesnt. its a matter of opinion as to whether you want a slim trim ring vs a wide one. as for hu orientation there is no difference as they both are at the same angle, the metra is a bit more recessed than the scosche. also the scosche requires you to use the radio bezel with the scosche bezel, the metra uses a single trim ring. once again a matter of opinion.

u guys wanna be all gung ho over the scosche kit thats not out yet thats fine, but its a plastic dash piece and as far as its "superior" nature...thats a bit of an overstatement.

as for what helps me sleep at night? i got my kit 2 weeks ago, it was free, and i got a d3,xm, and bluetooth for less than the h/u sells for online. im sleeping quite well thank you

enjoy your kits when they arrive ladies and gentlemen as you wont remember how bad your factory radio was after the first day.
dude, iam still rockin the stocker!! its not as bad as MOST cars.. thats the last of my upgrades..

Old 04-30-2007, 11:29 PM

its cool that you got yours, i had mine like 3 months before you does that make me better? no... lol the point here is that metra kit looks out of place, CHEAP and not OEM at all, post some pics of yours installed... BTW, those pics of my proto bezel were from a camera phone too and it does not look crappy.... its ok to be impatient and buy off impulse but don't go around trying to pass the metra as even close to being as good as the scosche. scosche has done a fantasic job at developing a bezel that looks like it came straight from honda.

Last edited by 805FitSport; 04-30-2007 at 11:33 PM.
Old 05-01-2007, 12:23 AM
5 Year Member
and that is you opinion and you are entitled to it. they BOTH look like an aftermarket kit. sorry but they do. i never said EITHER was better, you did and vehemently defend the scosche kit. they both have their ups and downs.

you guys have fun in here as im just trying to point some things out and you are after blood apparently. if anyone needs help insatlling EITHER kit, and are in GA they can pm me for shop info and directions.

Old 05-01-2007, 01:29 AM
5 Year Member
BRAINS!!! ME WANTS BRAINS!!!!... ooOOo shiny... i likey the new scosche <3

Hope it all works out, i like the bezel, much better than the cutoff on the Metra...

Metra and Scosche are different, i wont say which is superior, but i will say that in MY eyes the scosche looks so much more `sleak` cause it has more curves...

i like my cars like women... to have curves... not too many, and not too few. <3

Old 05-01-2007, 12:04 PM
is there a scoche that will fit a 2005 honda fit? thanks

Old 05-01-2007, 12:24 PM
The kit will fit 05-07 Fits.

Old 05-01-2007, 12:48 PM
Originally Posted by scoscheguy
The kit will fit 05-07 Fits.
i don't think it will Fit other previous years especially non USDM..

Old 05-01-2007, 12:52 PM
and that is you opinion and you are entitled to it. they BOTH look like an aftermarket kit. sorry but they do. i never said EITHER was better, you did and vehemently defend the scosche kit. they both have their ups and downs.

you guys have fun in here as im just trying to point some things out and you are after blood apparently. if anyone needs help insatlling EITHER kit, and are in GA they can pm me for shop info and directions.
im not really giving a opinion because the scosche is better hands down, you came in here trying to promote the new metra, why not just start a new thread on it then? i look at the metra and i just want to puke, i would never rock that panel on either of my Fits, would rather wait another year.

Old 05-01-2007, 05:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 805FitSport
im not really giving a opinion because the scosche is better hands down, you came in here trying to promote the new metra, why not just start a new thread on it then? i look at the metra and i just want to puke, i would never rock that panel on either of my Fits, would rather wait another year.
you are giving an opinion and in no way am i promoting metra. dont misinterpret me please.

Old 05-02-2007, 01:14 AM
5 Year Member
I think the Scosche and Metra both look good. Some prefer one, some prefer the other, some couldn't care less. The Honda controls look the same from what I can see in these web pics.

If one company has something out for awhile, it's easier for the second company to target what they don't like about that product and THEN develop theirs. Both kits function, both hold radios, and both look good.

Old 05-02-2007, 05:39 PM
um yeah. the difference is the scosche kit has a huge bezel and the metra doesnt.
Just to dive into the specs a little more, the only "bezel" is actually very small. Almost the same size as the Metra bezel. The large line that is seen around the contour of kit is strictly for looks.

Old 05-02-2007, 06:05 PM
Hey Eevrybody, I have LOTS of open spots for the kit. I have only 25 people as of right now that have provided me with their info to be on the GB list. If you're interested let me know!

Old 05-02-2007, 06:57 PM
So uhhh any projected ship date? We're into May now ;p

Quick Reply: Scosche Honda Fit Kit closer than ever