Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Scosche Honda Fit Kit closer than ever

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 09:24 PM
Hey, does anyone know if the HA10B wiring harness has the same backwards wiring problem with the 2007 Fit that it did with the 06 Civic?

!!Backwards wiring!! Scosche HA-10B Radio Harness kit for 06 civic. - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum

Old 05-03-2007, 12:32 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
ummmm... This thread needs to calm down. Kids fighting over a damn dash kit.

I'm rolling with my stock unit and it works just perfectly fine. Better stock sound than any other honda I've been in.

We don't have to spend money on a aftermarket HU to be cool. If there is sound coming out of my stock HU, and my sub bumps, i'm good. Also for theft purposes.

If I had the luxury to buy a good HU, I'll do it. I'm on the list because I want to grab one to save for future use. but I'm not crying about which one is best.

Just like the other threads about up and coming aftermarket parts, if you can't wait, go get a different one and live with it.

I'm bitchin!!!

Last edited by TomiGunz; 05-03-2007 at 12:35 AM.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:41 AM
Originally Posted by quksilver
Hey, does anyone know if the HA10B wiring harness has the same backwards wiring problem with the 2007 Fit that it did with the 06 Civic?

!!Backwards wiring!! Scosche HA-10B Radio Harness kit for 06 civic. - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
i asure you there is no problem, i had that wiring harness on my car for like 3 months.

Old 05-03-2007, 11:44 AM
Platinum Honda FIT Vendor
Originally Posted by 805FitSport
i asure you there is no problem, i had that wiring harness on my car for like 3 months.
Just to clarify this issue, there is no "problem" with the wire harness. Honda decided that depending on wether your car was made in Canada or Mexico they would have different harnesses for the radio....

Physically in size and number of pins are the same. What they did was trade places of the ground wire and constant 12v wire. So before you install the radio you need to determine where your vehicle was manufactured and wire up your harness accordingly.

Old 05-03-2007, 12:37 PM
So, could you clarify which build location requires the modification to the harness and which location works with the harness as it is shipped? Thanks...

Old 05-03-2007, 12:51 PM
I just spoke with our R&D Manager, he stated that it was an early problem with Honda when they first came out with the "Gen 8" civic and the new Fit and a couple other vehicles. Honda has now standardized their wiring and our harnesses will plug in with no problem and you do not have to switch the wires.

Old 05-04-2007, 01:36 PM
5 Year Member
Arrow replacement for aux input jack

Sorry for going somewhat off topic, but I think some people who are keeping track of this thread may be interested in this information.

Everyone who is upgrading their headunit will lose their OEM aux input in their Fit. I know some headunits come with the aux input on the front, but on some it comes out from the back and it is just a cable with a 3.5mm male on one end to plug directly into the mp3 player or etc. Well, I did some research and found this chassis mount 3.5mm stereo female to female plug and I bought 10 of them (kinda like what I did with the aux input jacks). I am pretty sure it will work, but I will test it to make sure it does.

Here's the store and part I purchased.
Welcome to Markertek.com | Call Us @ 800 522 2025

I am going to sell the other jacks for $8 shipped. It should come out cheaper than buying one directly from markertek.com. I couldnt find any other place selling this product, and anything similar to it was 10x more expensive. You can mount this pretty much anywhere you want. You will just have to drill a hole and mount it and plug in the 3.5mm male that is coming from the back of the headunit into the back of the adapter.

If anything, you can go buy this yourself and still retain a place to plug in your mp3 player or etc instead of having a cable dangling around.

If you are interested please respond in this thread.
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...tml#post138022

Last edited by smeister; 05-04-2007 at 01:39 PM.
Old 05-04-2007, 04:49 PM
Good point! I'm sure most people will want to retain their iPod connection seeing as they are almost as vital as having a cell phone these days....

Old 05-05-2007, 02:11 PM
Honda fit radio removal

Has anyone tried to remove the stock radio yet?

What is the trick to removing the radio?

Old 05-07-2007, 12:05 PM
Originally Posted by rad_dsm
Has anyone tried to remove the stock radio yet?

What is the trick to removing the radio?
First, Yes the radio has been removed. It is quite easy.

Second, Wrong thread. There are other threads that have step by step instructions. Actually I think I may have posted them in here some where.

Old 05-07-2007, 10:56 PM
5 Year Member
Smeister, If someone is going to replace their HU, there are SO many iPod connection options out there to add to your Alpine, Clarion, Pioneer, Kenwood, Panasonic, Eclipse, etc that are far better than the aux in solution. Although I know those that have a Creative or Zune generic will need that. I would think they are fewer in numbers.

Scoscheguy, what's up with filling order request for your kit? We spoke on the phone and I emailed you my info. Within days later, I believe it way stated on 5/2 that you were only at #25 in sales on a (G/B list?). Did you loose my info?

Last edited by radareclipse; 05-07-2007 at 10:58 PM.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:22 PM
5 Year Member
I guess that's true. I guess I am just not the Ipod kinda of guy.

Old 05-08-2007, 08:37 AM
5 Year Member
Your missing out smeister. 100 million ipods sold to date. Get with the times. LOL

Old 05-08-2007, 08:58 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by radareclipse
Your missing out smeister. 100 million ipods sold to date. Get with the times. LOL
Sorry to go OT, but yeah I know. I like the little Ipods, but I think my Vision: M has better video support (no converting needed) and the sound quality is better (if you use better headphones).

Old 05-08-2007, 12:49 PM
Originally Posted by radareclipse
Scoscheguy, what's up with filling order request for your kit? We spoke on the phone and I emailed you my info. Within days later, I believe it way stated on 5/2 that you were only at #25 in sales on a (G/B list?). Did you loose my info?
I have only 29 people that have provided me with shipping/billing address and CC info out of 75+ people on this forum that confirmed with me they want in on the GB.

Just so everybody understands this is a ONE TIME G/B. At a later date I may be able to give you a deal but it wont be as good as this.

Radar, PM me with your name and i'll let you know if i have your info.

Old 05-08-2007, 01:10 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
I sent my billing/shipping address to your email. But I didn't send CC info. I'd rather do it over the phone...

-Tomi

Last edited by TomiGunz; 05-08-2007 at 01:21 PM.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:47 PM
5 Year Member
YOu really should just call him then, he did post his phone number.

Old 05-08-2007, 07:50 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Originally Posted by CuTeBoi
YOu really should just call him then, he did post his phone number.

Tried... I guess he was busy.. I'll try again

Old 05-08-2007, 07:57 PM
5 Year Member
If he doesn't answer, call him in the morning, around 10~11am PST.

Remember, car audio places, or companies in general, sales arrive at 9am, they eat their breakfast, talk to bosses, then settle down for work at 10am, then they head out to lunch at around 11~12

Also, hope you included your phone number in the email, that would be helpful, and i would suggest you send the CC info in an email, more risk over the phone if you consider he has to write that down on a piece of paper, which is most likely to be found by prying eyes than in an email that is normally secure on a server... even small businesses lock up their servers... in a closet with a dead bolt. I think it's required by law if you handle credit card numbers and SSN.

Old 05-08-2007, 08:01 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
I would if it was a little credit card, but this is my business debit card. I got loads of cash in my bank which I don't want to take the risk of it gettin stolen on the internet.

Quick Reply: Scosche Honda Fit Kit closer than ever