Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

replacement tweeters

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 10:42 PM
replacement tweeters

hey guys

have a 2007 gd3 with replacement coaxials in the door. want more high end. will replacing the stock tweeters help with that? dont want to switch over to compnents if i can help it. what tweeters will fit in the stock spots?

Old 05-11-2011, 01:54 PM
has anyone installed the Infinity Reference 6030cs in thir fit yet?

Old 05-12-2011, 04:43 AM
5 Year Member
If you add the separate tweeter you'll basically be using a component so I would pony up and go with a true component that is designed to work together and compliment each other. I would stop by your local specialty shop and spend some time listening to many of the speakers that they offer, not only brand and price but different materials of tweeter like silk, aluminum, titanium, as well as some of the cheaper plastics. You may be suprised at what you find your ears are more in tune with.

The last few sets of inifinty components and coaxes that I installed were very bright on the upper end. The tweeters were very shrill. One customer later had me remove them for another brand of speaker.

Old 05-12-2011, 06:36 AM
well im a sound engineer and im using my car as a second reference besides my studio. i currently have alpine type s coaxials and i HATE the high end on them. i find the high end on them to be very lacking. completely drowned out by the bass. even with proper level matching and eqing.

Old 05-12-2011, 08:23 PM
5 Year Member
What type of monitors are you using in the studio? I've got Hertz drivers in the Fit and I've got Dynaudio drivers in my Accord. There is a BIG difference in driver build, material quality as well as processing. The Accord blows away the Fit in terms of sound quality but I also have an external processor and each driver has it's own channel. In the Fit the Hertz drivers are off of the supplied crossover. It's what I expect when I compare an award winning setup to a simple one in the Fit. If you are using the OEM radio with no external amplification you could be limiting what you could have. What EQ are you using? I haven't heard the Type S coaxes that you have but in general Alpine coaxes are very efficient but if you are using a large sub and not giving the coaxes any power that would lead to them being drowned out.

If you are serious about using the Fit as a second reference I would look into revamping the entire setup. What equipment are you using now?

Old 05-12-2011, 08:41 PM
in the studio i have pair of adam a7x and a pair of jbl lsr4328.

my currenty system is:
front- alpine type s coaxials
hu- kenwood kdc-x693
rear- stock drivers
amp- 4x channel alpine, chans 1&2 running front drivers. 3&4 bridged for sub
sub-rockford 12" punch 2

Old 05-14-2011, 11:27 PM
5 Year Member
You've got a good start with the equipment that you have. I would start with a set of components for the fronts and use the 4 channel for them. That way you've got full adjustment of them and get a single two channel or mono amp for the subs. This way you can use the gain on the tweeters, as well as the crossover to get the sound that you are looking for. If that doesn't make things better than you'll be set up for an MS8 or a bit1! Without any real processing you might not be happy with the outcomes.

Old 05-15-2011, 12:03 AM
5 Year Member
I had installed Infinity tweeters in the factory spot, sounded awesome. I did components in the doors, think I have pics somewhere......

Old 05-15-2011, 12:06 AM
5 Year Member
Ah no luck on the pics, thought I had them in my photobucket, but not there. I know I had a set of Kappa components installed up front, and full range in the back doors. Sounded worlds better than stock.

Old 05-15-2011, 03:10 PM
5 Year Member
tweeters

i used my stock tweeters mount and moded them to fit my jbl's it also alowed me to aim the tweeters better. that and a 6db L pad. glue,bondo, and paint they look factory and sound great. i also have a studio and use my car as another ref.

Last edited by storm; 05-15-2011 at 03:13 PM.