Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Single 12 Moving Some Air with Some SQ as well.

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 11:22 AM
Single 12 Moving Some Air with Some SQ as well.

I have a 2010 Honda Fit Sport MT with some audio mods done to it. I am a stereo nut, a little further than most haha, so when I bought the car in February It was ripped apart a week later. The back side doesnt look so nice because I change subs and amps almost weekly. Never satisfied.

My current setup is:

Kenwood KDC X994 deck
JL VR Tweeters Crossed at 3.5k -18db/octave
Pioneer D1720C Midbasses crossed at 3k -6db/octave
Rockford T8004 running 3way active (each tweeter and mid has its own channel with no passive xovers)
MBQuart 1500.1 for the sub amp
2005 Model RE XXX 12 custom rebuilt with parts from FixMySpeaker.com (two medium spiders, 3inch copper 4layer flatwound coil, and carbon fiber dust cap, and std 12 spoke basket. )
Box is 2.2cubes after displacement with 36sqinches of port tuned to 28hz and plays flat from about 28 to 45 and drops off by .04-.2db above 45.
I also have 1/0 done for the big 3 and to a group 31 battery in the back to give the amps the juice they need.
I have competed and won in a few competitions this year but didnt go to enough to make it to finals.
Everything is time aligned and adjusted to the front seat, I have no rear fill.

Its pointless to show off sound quality on youtube.

http://www.facebook.com/v/2181271924262

Honda Fit Flex 1 12 RE XXX - YouTube

05 RE XXX 12 Honda Fit Bassin - YouTube

Old 10-06-2011, 01:37 PM
5 Year Member
Talking Can you hear me now?

All that in the Fit??? Lol... I used to be a big audiophile in my younger days. Grew out of it as priorities changed as I got older. Seems quite a setup you have though most of the specs you posted are pretty much jargon to me. Haven't been keeping up with the technology.

My component setup was a home unit... back in the days of vinyl, reel to reel, stylus, cassettes and brushed aluminum face plates.

So I take it that you really don't listen to tunes while driving, just competition... otherwise, that's craaazy loud... and probably not comfy in a small car. You could get a concussion with that thing. Good luck!

Old 10-06-2011, 03:06 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Subie
All that in the Fit??? Lol... I used to be a big audiophile in my younger days. Grew out of it as priorities changed as I got older. Seems quite a setup you have though most of the specs you posted are pretty much jargon to me. Haven't been keeping up with the technology.

My component setup was a home unit... back in the days of vinyl, reel to reel, stylus, cassettes and brushed aluminum face plates.

So I take it that you really don't listen to tunes while driving, just competition... otherwise, that's craaazy loud... and probably not comfy in a small car. You could get a concussion with that thing. Good luck!
Oh Subie ya old softy. If its too loud you're too old. I have a lot of air movement in mine and I drive around with it that loud. We're talking make your stomach clench loud. I love it. I do think I'm moving to an RE 10" though just to get some space back and some better SQ.

Nice set up OP wish I could hear it in person.

Old 10-06-2011, 03:37 PM
I compete in meca, so I throw a 40 amp fuse in there and cram 160amps of current through it, kinda tricky.

I am thinking about moving to some Dayton mids, Parts Express is really close to me hehe.

I am getting corralled into SQ though because the rest of my team does SPL. I do listen to it that loud sometimes but most of the time not Rap. If I play something without bass in it, it just sounds really loud and clean haha. I can feel the midbass in my throat even.

A friend of mine has an RE SE 10 and I love that thing. Hard to come by and unfortunately RE doesnt make them like they use to.

Everyone is always confused and surprised when I roll up in this thing, even the cops dont suspect my stereo :P

Old 10-06-2011, 04:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Jamy
Oh Subie ya old softy. If its too loud you're too old.
Been there done that Jamy!!! Huuuhhh? Whaaattt?? Yup, a bit old--er now. Nowadays I get my bass from my exhaust, mid range from my engine taching and hi-end from my radar detector beeping while cruising in bug eye Rex.

Old 10-06-2011, 05:19 PM
5 Year Member
Not bad, I never took a lot of videos when I had a single 12, but I have a few from my current setup which is 2 Sundown SA12s on a SAZ1500D at 1ohm.

Roof is NOT liking me and the mirror may revolt! - YouTube

(2) SA 12s moving a little bit in a new aero ported box. - YouTube

Have plans to do more videos but I don't like to do them at my current location so I need to find an open area a bit from my location.

Here's the last metering I did at 46Hz.

Have since broken in the subs nicely and also adjusted the amps properly with my new DD-1 so my score may be a little higher but not much maybe .3db.

Last edited by Fit4Spl; 10-06-2011 at 05:24 PM.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:37 AM
Its nice to see someone else doing SPL with the Fit. I had thought about doing a pair of skar 12s or something, but I was afraid of damaging the car. 144 is not bad at all for the pair on 1500 either.

I did 141.9 at the headrest in meca and I like 140.9 sealed on the dash at 34 hz. More daily than it is for spl but I can take it both ways. Are you running extra batteries?

Old 10-07-2011, 09:54 AM
5 Year Member
Nah no extra battery right now, I have my BIG 3 upgraded with 0gauge and I have replaced the factory battery with a shuriken BT35 i think is the model. Running 0 gauge all the way to the back, I wouldnt be too concerned with damaging the car, when my fit gets heated up from the Fl sun my windshield is moving like mad, but no damage not even mirror falling off. I know if I either recone my SAs or get dual 2ohm versions I will probably see a nice increase in SPL, but for now it's doing me good.

Old 10-07-2011, 11:31 AM
I know when it rains I get bubbles around the windshield seal and at 27hz my back doors/windows make awful noise/flex violently. I cant remember the last time I tuned a box above 32hz. Do you get voltage drops with only a front battery? Whatd you have to do to get the battery to fit?

Old 10-07-2011, 12:19 PM
5 Year Member
I do get some voltage drop but nothing major, the big 3 upgrade helps a lot as well as knowing the ELD is going to screw with voltage, and I figured out that the fan (not A/C) on 2 will keep the ELD pumping out 14.2+ VDC constant.

Old 10-25-2011, 01:38 AM
can you shatter your windows with that much bass while driving?

Old 10-26-2011, 07:09 PM
5 Year Member
Nah but you can move some windows like this.

Windshield flex - YouTube