Fit Photos & Videos Threads for displaying photos and videos of the Honda Fit/Jazz

YUS! FINALLY! ...it...came...

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 07:40 PM
5 Year Member
not true. my cars been in the garage all day. (haven't started driving it to school yet) and the doors were unlocked this morning when iwent to get my sunglasses out of it. and when i came home and went into the garage to put the stuff in it, they were still unlocked.

Old 12-12-2006, 07:45 PM
Originally Posted by ASquared150
not true. my cars been in the garage all day. (haven't started driving it to school yet) and the doors were unlocked this morning when iwent to get my sunglasses out of it. and when i came home and went into the garage to put the stuff in it, they were still unlocked.
yeah because the door has been opened after it was unlocked. once you open the door, it wont lock itself again.

Old 12-12-2006, 07:53 PM
5 Year Member
ah, thats good to know. it must have been real good timing then though, cuase it did it each time after it said "message sent"

Old 12-13-2006, 02:54 AM
June 2007 1st Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
jealous of the silver

Old 12-13-2006, 08:05 AM
Based on my experience with my previous Honda (still waiting for my Fit), the locks won't automatically actuate unless you have previously locked them. Here's how it works:

1. If you close the doors but don't lock them: they stay unlocked. (Probably the situation when you left the Fit in your garage.)

2. If you close the doors and lock them, either manually or with the remote:
if you unlock them with the remote, and then don't open the doors within a certain time period, they will automatically relock themselves.

I don't know for sure, but I think that if you unlock with the key, they will not relock themselves, but I never tested this.

I know this because several times I have used the remote to unlock the car, and then stopped to talk to someone in the parking lot, and when I finally went to get in the car it was locked again! I finally figured it out when heard the doors relock themselves while I was standing 10 feet away talking to someone.

I presume the purpose of this feature is to provide some security if you accidentally press the remote unlock. Or, if a nearby car has the same frequency and code and your car is accidentally unlocked, at least it will not be left unlocked all day

Old 12-13-2006, 08:25 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
wow...your kinda brave though..id never put my car through one of those, it washes your car with the same dirt iin it lol
Everytime I wash mine, it feels so damn good that feeling you get..and i do it almost every week though.... ahh pleasures of Life
Thats why I wash it first. Heh! I hand wash the car first then take it through the wash. I use the wash for the dryer mainly.

As for the doors. As a few said they lock automatically.
If the doors are all closed and you push the unlock button (alarm must be armed/locked first) and you dont open any doors the doors will relock

Old 12-13-2006, 10:14 PM
5 Year Member
Awesome story, Awesome Parents! Nice commitment to school work! I guess if my parents would have offered a deal like that I'd be pumping out A's back in High school too! hehehe

Most importantly Congrats! Enjoy your Beauty of a FIT!

Old 12-14-2006, 05:06 AM
5 Year Member
something similar happened to me. I unlocked my car to get something from the passenger side and when i was going to open the door a friend hit the button of her dads car and locked my car back. and I dont think the alarm of a mercedes could be compatible of a honda fit?
hope this dont mess up something cuz she did it till I freaked out.About 4 or 5 times with the little game.

Old 12-14-2006, 11:47 AM
5 Year Member
Congrats welcome.

Old 06-03-2007, 06:02 PM
hey man, i think that you and me are the youngest fit owners on this website, hahaha, lets show em watsup, and good color choice my fit is a SSM as well