Fit Photos & Videos Threads for displaying photos and videos of the Honda Fit/Jazz

Kevin's GD3

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2021, 01:21 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by joshuadsauceda
What a great looking GD3, reminds me of my silver sport.
It's a shame you are selling it. Tial BOV sounds really good!

Old 12-19-2021, 01:25 AM
Super Moderator
I didn't really take any photos, but I've had a leaky hatch for some time now and finally got around to re-sealing it after the latest rain in SoCal. I used 3M 08302 (thank you, @Hootie) and rain is on the forecast for the upcoming week, so we'll see if my "repair" was successful. I just need the hatch to not leak water; eventually, I want to have the entire car stripped down and repainted, so I'll have the body shop re-do all the seam sealer stuff, professionally, in the future.

Old 12-19-2021, 01:29 AM
Thanks! Yeah, if it doesn't garner too much interest in the next few weeks I'll most likely just end up keeping her.

Old 12-19-2021, 11:41 PM
Super Moderator
Had some time today, so I went ahead and removed the carpet. Total weight savings should be around 280 lb and I have some other things I'd like to remove from the car.

Old 12-21-2021, 05:16 PM
Mannn, I wish my car were silver.
Wanna switch? 🙃

Old 12-22-2021, 02:29 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by newcarscent
Mannn, I wish my car were silver.
Wanna switch? 🙃
Haha, black is a gorgeous color as well! It really, really benefits from a paint correction. I'm not 100% decided, but I am contemplating going GT Silver Metallic from Porsche when I repaint the car. I love silver cars--it's such an understated color and allows you to contrast with almost any other color, similar to black and white cars.

Old 01-07-2022, 11:07 PM
Saw you listed your SR4 for sale, going with a different seat or no passenger seat at all anymore ?

Old 01-08-2022, 01:59 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by jedischooldropout
Saw you listed your SR4 for sale, going with a different seat or no passenger seat at all anymore ?
I actually just got back home from selling the seat. I'm going to buy a matching passenger seat to my current driver's seat, Pole Position ABE with matching black Artista pattern. I'm in the talks with PCI to have some rails made for the GD3 application, so once those are completed, I want to buy another Pole Position seat. Eventually, I want to have a roll bar and harnesses, so the reclining seat would have to go anyway. The Pole Position ABE actually has more room than the SR-4, too.

Old 01-11-2022, 01:32 AM
Ahh very cool, let us know if PCI does in fact make some brackets for GD3. Not too thrilled with my Planted Technology one, seating position isn't dead center with the steering wheel. I'm surprised the ABE is that much bigger, I know it is intended to have the seat belt buckles sit inside the bucket itself but guess that feature wouldn't be utilized if using a 5 point harness anyways.

Old 01-11-2022, 01:41 AM
Super Moderator
Ahh very cool, let us know if PCI does in fact make some brackets for GD3. Not too thrilled with my Planted Technology one, seating position isn't dead center with the steering wheel. I'm surprised the ABE is that much bigger, I know it is intended to have the seat belt buckles sit inside the bucket itself but guess that feature wouldn't be utilized if using a 5 point harness anyways.
I just need to set up a time to take my car to Brian for measurements; it's going to happen. Yeah, with the roll bar, I'm going to run 6-point harnesses, so I wouldn't be using the factory seat belt system and would ditch it altogether.

Old 01-12-2022, 09:24 PM
Originally Posted by USDM
I've always been a fan of blue mirrors because of their anti-glare properties. I figured we'd shed some weight at the same time and go with the APR Performance Formula GT3 mirrors.

Did you only have to drill one hole to mount the mirrors and did you need anything else for the installation? I found an old thread mentioning it, but I didn't want to order them until I was certain what was needed.

Old 01-13-2022, 02:29 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by MUDKIP
Did you only have to drill one hole to mount the mirrors and did you need anything else for the installation? I found an old thread mentioning it, but I didn't want to order them until I was certain what was needed.
It's one extra hole that needs to be drilled and the other two holes will line up. I used the same mirror bases as the other thread you are referring to by Baldwin which are the FR-S mirror bases.

Old 01-13-2022, 08:02 AM
It's one extra hole that needs to be drilled and the other two holes will line up. I used the same mirror bases as the other thread you are referring to by Baldwin which are the FR-S mirror bases.
Thanks for letting me know!

Old 01-18-2022, 03:00 AM
Super Moderator
This past weekend, I changed out the engine oil with good old Motul 8100 Eco-Lite 0W-20 and transmission fluid with OEM Honda MTF. I also had the front engine stopper (P/N: 50840-SAA-003) replaced because the original had definitely seen better days. I noticed a slight improvement in shifting after replacing the mount, which was nice because it cleaned up some slop. In other news, I met with Brian from PCI and we are going to proceed with 3D scanning my car to develop seat mounts, so I am excited for that.

I also registered for a track day in late April and will be testing out some changes I want to make to the car soon which include: BC Racing DS coilovers specced by Seamus from Tailored Chassis Solutions, TCS top hats, new wheel setup, and more.

Old 01-18-2022, 03:34 PM
I also registered for a track day in late April and will be testing out some changes I want to make to the car soon which include: BC Racing DS coilovers specced by Seamus from Tailored Chassis Solutions, TCS top hats, new wheel setup, and more.
I will eventually be replacing the coils on mine, and I was looking at that same setup.
I look forward to seeing what you think of it on and off the track.

Old 01-18-2022, 10:00 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by newcarscent
I will eventually be replacing the coils on mine, and I was looking at that same setup.
I look forward to seeing what you think of it on and off the track.
I signed up for a track day in late April, so they should make it on the car by then. I also want to swap my front wheels to 15x8 and bump up the front tire size to 225/45R15 for some reverse stagger action. My TE37s are square in sizing, but I will also run staggered tire sizes on those. Front anti-roll bar is also going to be removed, so there's going to be quite a few changes made to the car.

Last edited by USDM; 01-19-2022 at 12:22 AM.
Old 01-20-2022, 10:01 PM
Good news about the PCI brackets ! Sounds like you've got a lot of new parts to install and enjoy on track, should be fun! Are the Megans still in good condition? If so let me know how much you plan to sell them once you get the BC on, I'm looking to go lower than the Swift springs I have now.

Old 01-20-2022, 11:24 PM
Super Moderator
Good news about the PCI brackets ! Sounds like you've got a lot of new parts to install and enjoy on track, should be fun! Are the Megans still in good condition? If so let me know how much you plan to sell them once you get the BC on, I'm looking to go lower than the Swift springs I have now.
Yeah, I'm excited for the PCI mounts. Brian's shop neighbor actually just picked up a Fit as well and Brian said his 3D scanning guy should be able to make it down next week, so it looks like the ball is rolling.

The Megan coilovers should be in good condition, to my knowledge. I have no reason to believe they have any issues, but I will inspect them, of course, once they're off the car.

Old 01-24-2022, 06:40 PM

Old 02-10-2022, 02:21 AM
Super Moderator
I haven't really bothered to take any photos, but I purchased a pair of 15x8 +28 RPF1s which will replace my Kosei K1s as my front wheels. The RPF1s will be wrapped in 225/45R15 tires while my rear Kosei K1s will continue to use 205/50R15 tires for some reverse stagger action to help with rotation. I bought two sets of R888Rs--one for the TE37s and one for my 15" wheels. I like experimenting with tires to see what I like best, so we'll see how these perform. I am very happy with the Kumho V730s and know I can always go back to them if I'm not happy with the R888Rs. Eventually, I'd also like to try Nankang's AR-1 tires, CR-S tires, and Falkens' RT660.

Hopefully, I should be able to install my TCS-spec BC Racing DS coilovers soon along with the TCS top hats and remove my front anti-roll bar. I don't think I'll be doing a corner balance just yet, but I will obviously be doing an alignment after the new coilovers to maximize the newly-gained adjustment I will have.

Quick Reply: Kevin's GD3