Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

question for you pro-c owners

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 12:11 AM
5 Year Member
question for you pro-c owners

had my coils in for about two weeks now. Last Friday i heard a weird noise, like metal slipping into place. I can hear its coming from the front driver side. Its happening when i first take off occasionally. I got under the car today, can't see anything wrong at all. No ware-n-tare, nothing loose.

Anyone else had this problem?

Old 06-14-2010, 03:07 AM
5 Year Member
No problem with mine since day one. All I can think is to check if the collars are tight, endlinks, and all nuts/bolts.

Old 06-14-2010, 10:01 AM
5 Year Member
did all that. I have to get back under her to lower her some more, hopefully ill figure out what it is.

Old 06-14-2010, 08:27 PM
Originally Posted by andyd
had my coils in for about two weeks now. Last Friday i heard a weird noise, like metal slipping into place. I can hear its coming from the front driver side. Its happening when i first take off occasionally. I got under the car today, can't see anything wrong at all. No ware-n-tare, nothing loose.

Anyone else had this problem?
I think I have the same problem. I didn't hear it during the first week, but now after two weeks, I am starting to hear the sound you are describing. Also, whenever I come to a complete stop and start accelerating, there is a creaking sound coming from the same coil (front driver side). I had left the 2 adjustment knobs in the fronts and when I checked it a couple a days ago, the front left side was missing, while the right front stayed intact.
One more thing, my ride is constantly bumpy. Even if I am driving on a straight road, it feels bumpy. My head constantly hit the headrest like a bobblehead. My guess is something is loose on the front left side. I'm probably gonna take a look at it sometime this week. If you find a solution to yours, let me know.

Old 06-15-2010, 01:02 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by nugey1001
I think I have the same problem. I didn't hear it during the first week, but now after two weeks, I am starting to hear the sound you are describing. Also, whenever I come to a complete stop and start accelerating, there is a creaking sound coming from the same coil (front driver side). I had left the 2 adjustment knobs in the fronts and when I checked it a couple a days ago, the front left side was missing, while the right front stayed intact.
One more thing, my ride is constantly bumpy. Even if I am driving on a straight road, it feels bumpy. My head constantly hit the headrest like a bobblehead. My guess is something is loose on the front left side. I'm probably gonna take a look at it sometime this week. If you find a solution to yours, let me know.
Have not figured it out yet myself. Its really annoying.