Fit Wheels & Tires Discuss Wheels & Tires for the Fit and Jazz

TIRE questions,sizes, mounting,pressures ANY tire questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 05:51 AM
for tires with -camber

Get the Nitto Neogens.

treadwear is 280. They arent super sticky, but will hold up well to DD, ive auto-x'd on them.

Big selling point is how they are made. The inner tread is harder than the outer tread, which makes them last longer for insane negative camber. Probably be the best for you current situation. Plus, they arent expensive and do well in the rain.

Old 06-15-2006, 08:05 AM
Someone that Posts too much
I use Falken RT615s .. not exactly a good wear tire but it grips awesome

and it's used in the Drift series :-)

-joe

Old 06-15-2006, 11:35 AM
Originally Posted by carbnjunkie
Get the Nitto Neogens.

treadwear is 280. They arent super sticky, but will hold up well to DD, ive auto-x'd on them.

Big selling point is how they are made. The inner tread is harder than the outer tread, which makes them last longer for insane negative camber. Probably be the best for you current situation. Plus, they arent expensive and do well in the rain.
I don't agree. My buddy who is running -6 degrees camber is running dunlop Fm901 (I think thats the exact model) and they have lasted months already with no problems. He has also ran Neogens and really didnt last that long at all. What a lot of VIP guys do or people with extreme camber (IE guy in Cali running -11 degrees) just run cheap tires like nankangs. Also for Dougie have you consider just flipping the tires?

Old 06-15-2006, 12:05 PM
Everything has a extreme. If your friend was running more than -2.5, well Im sure the nittogens didnt help a lot.

Doug, try to get your camber around -2. (Once the alignment guys know how to do the fits) I think the nittogens will help a lot in that situation. My current accord, I run -2 in back, and the nitto gens have been wearing evenly, and have a great life. (Even with spirited driving.)

The fm901's have a treadwear of 200, but you cant really compare tire to tire by treadwear, since requirements change company by company.

I actually had much less life out of the fm901s. but much sticker.

Last edited by carbnjunkie; 06-15-2006 at 12:11 PM.
Old 06-15-2006, 05:41 PM
Originally Posted by carbnjunkie
Everything has a extreme. If your friend was running more than -2.5, well Im sure the nittogens didnt help a lot.

Doug, try to get your camber around -2. (Once the alignment guys know how to do the fits) I think the nittogens will help a lot in that situation. My current accord, I run -2 in back, and the nitto gens have been wearing evenly, and have a great life. (Even with spirited driving.)

The fm901's have a treadwear of 200, but you cant really compare tire to tire by treadwear, since requirements change company by company.

I actually had much less life out of the fm901s. but much sticker.
He makes a good point regarding knowing how to do alignment...I know from experience how quickly tires run out with camber and if your toe is just slightly off. Is there a possibly they dont have the correct specs on what the toe should be?

Old 06-17-2006, 12:01 AM
June 2007 1st Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
Yo tune that suspension

Old 06-17-2006, 02:19 PM
Avid FitFreak Poster
ok ok the chamber is way high, but the toe is way off. The Alignment machine is broken at Honda and I'm needing to take it some where else. I will let you know how off it is all the way around. These tires are 280 treadware already...

Old 06-19-2006, 05:41 PM
Former Vendor
At 4 months for tires to wear out that is extreme. Camber and toe in can wear tires quickly. The negative camber will wear the inside shoulder but the toe in can just make them wear faster.
Dougie if I can help with the tires let me know. I can have tires to you in one to two days.

Last edited by jim@tirerack; 06-22-2006 at 09:34 AM.
Old 06-20-2006, 04:16 PM
I need to confirm something because either I'm very confused (very possible) or I found a typo/error on Tire Rack...

The wheels I'm looking at are 16x7" with +42 mm offset and I plan to use them with either some Kumho Ecsta ASX or Yokohama Avid H4S in 205/45-16. So far, from other threads there seem to be just as many people saying they've used this setup and it works as there are people saying that they've tested it and it rubs the fenders.

However, on Tire Rack, there are, for example, a 17" wheel (ASA AR1, 17x7" +42 mm offset) and an 18" wheel (SSR GT7-H, 18x7.5" +42 mm offset) listed as fitting the Fit that have this same offset and same or greater width.

Using the link mightyjazz provided above with Tire Rack's recommended tire sizes, the 16x7" and 17x7" wheel/tire combos both stick out +18 mm farther at the fender than the stock wheel/tire combo while the 18x7.5" wheel/tire combo sticks out +23 mm farther! Even if the +42 mm offset on those two wheels at Tire Rack is a typo and it's supposed to be +42, that's still +20 mm at the fender. If it's supposed to be +55, then it's only +10 mm, but also 10 mm closer on the inside.

Do those numbers look right? Do the ASA AR1 and SSR GT7-H really fit the Fit without modifications to the car (as all Tire Rack wheels are supposed to) or are those not supposed to be in the list? If they do fit, shouldn't the Buddy Clubs I'm looking at fit, too?

Old 06-20-2006, 05:13 PM
Former Vendor
We do test fitiing on the car and take brake and fender well clearance test as well. If the wheels we list do not fit we do take them back at our expense. All of the offset listed are positive offsets. Some of the tire extra width is going to go to the inside and some toward the fender. As long as you stay with the tire sizes we recommend you should be good to go.
If you have any questions you can call or email me direct anytime.

Old 06-21-2006, 09:31 PM
5 Year Member
If you didn't realign your car after dropping it, I guess you know that's what killed the tires. To minimize wear, though, you should at least try to set the toe back to specs. That alone will go far in saving you tire costs down the road.

Old 06-22-2006, 01:08 AM
I'm running -3.5 deg on the front of my M3 with zero noticeable added wear. Toe is very important.

Old 06-23-2006, 10:40 AM
5 Year Member
I disagree. Just as Jim posted above, camber can cause inner or outer wear but toe in/out can cause increased tire wear.

Originally Posted by claymore
Another www myth bites the dust CAMBER causes more tire wear than toe.

Old 06-23-2006, 03:05 PM
Avid FitFreak Poster
Originally Posted by jim@tirerack
At 4 months for tires to wear out that is extreme. Camber and toe in can wear tires quickly. The negative camber will wear the inside shoulder but the toe in can just make them wear faster.
Dougie if I can help with the tires let me know. I can have tires to you in one to two days.
Thanks Jim. I bought the tires from you guys in Jan and after 3 weeks they were gone. LOL I figured they would be so I have another set lying around lol.. Long know that the toe will increase performance in cornering but kill tires fast. I'm going to raise the car 1/2" and then have aligned. I will let you know how it works out...

Old 06-24-2006, 09:54 AM
Former Vendor
Keep us posted. There just is no reason for a tire to wear that fast on the Fit.

Old 06-25-2006, 05:49 AM
Considering selling my Bridgestone Potenza RE750

I'm selling my Bridgestone Potenza RE750's (set of 4). They have approx. 1500 miles on them. Virtually no tread wear. Very light driving since it was pretty much all break-in miles for my FIT. I am asking $200.00 / OBO plus shipping.

Last edited by ehschw76; 07-11-2006 at 06:23 AM.
Old 06-28-2006, 01:05 AM
you can tape 2 together and ship them in 2 sets or 2 packages. They are shipped all the time that way any local shipper should do it for you

Old 06-28-2006, 01:10 AM
Toe destroy's tires, camber doesnt, negative camber is what causes me to wear my fronts even, on my 240sx I run -3* and I still get some outside shoulder wear on occasion. but mainly pretty even wear. In the same situation the rears are only -1.4* and I get a little negative camber wear. It all depends on driving style and how hard to drive. Get the toe fixed, the alignment shop doesnt need specs to align the car they are just scared of not following oe specs. Find someone else to do it then.

Old 06-28-2006, 08:21 AM
Former Vendor
Too much of anything can wear a tire. If you run a lot of negative camber it will wear the inside shoulder of your tires faster. Just stay close to the OE spec if it is a daily driver. If it is a race car then all bets are off. Negative camber will improve turn in response and lay your contact patch flatter on the ground in hard cornering. This would then make the tires wear more evenly.

Old 06-28-2006, 01:18 PM
Avid FitFreak Poster
Well the GD3 is raised 1/2" and I am waiting to get to get the new tires mounted and the car aligned...

bad news...

Pass. tires has cord showing on inner and outer sides. Some steel belting is starting to poke out on the outer side aswell.

Drivers. has just dead tire tread and looks like racing slick...

This is all in 5 1/2 week mark... I'm glad I have the 10th AE RX-7 to drive lol

Quick Reply: TIRE questions,sizes, mounting,pressures ANY tire questions