Fit Wheels & Tires Discuss Wheels & Tires for the Fit and Jazz

HFP 16" wheels questions and answers

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 12:00 AM
HFP 16" wheels questions and answers

I live in Canada and looking into purchasing a Fit soon. I know there has been a some talk of the HFP 16" wheels but I have trouble finding the answer to my question.

The HFP 16" wheels looks great, that much I agree. But are they worth getting, for the price and the performance that they offer?

Looking good is one thing, but if the HFP 16" wheel is going to add more weight to the car and lower its performance, then I rather not spend money on it.

I know that if I really am looking for performance, the HFP isn't the way to go. I wouldn't have the money to do any mods right now, I might, but I don't want to spend money on the rims that adds weight to the car.

So if I want something decent looking and doesn't add weight to the car, should I stick go with the HFP 16" or should I look around at the aftermarket and see what I can find there?

Thanks!

Old 06-13-2006, 12:30 AM
Master FitFreaker
not worth it for me but it's your car

Old 06-13-2006, 01:50 AM
5 Year Member
Check around in this 'fit shoes' section, there is a lot of great info buried in these threads!

Old 06-13-2006, 01:56 AM
Let's put it this way,

Will the HFP 16" rims lower the performance of the car?

Old 06-13-2006, 04:05 AM
In a straight line (with stock motor), probably...depends if the HFP 16" is lighter than the stock 15's, of which I'm assuming they're not. As for cornering, the 16's should be better (they're wider). But since we're talking about the 109Hp Fit, for daily use the HFP 16's should do fine.

Old 06-15-2006, 07:11 AM
Purchased Fit Sport with HFP 16" Rims Pre-Installed

I have a quick question concerning the HFP 16" Rims. When I purchased my Silver Fit Sport with the HFP 16" rims I was also given the 14" Steel rims from a Base Fit due to the HFP rims having summer only tires. I inquired about the 15" rims that come standard on the Sport fit and they said that Honda required them to send them back once the HFP rims were installed by the dealership. (Just as a note: The 16" rims were installed when it was delivered...It was not a direct request by me)

My question is, Should I have expected my dealership to give me the 15" rims along with the installed 16" HFP rims? They told me that they went above and beyond by giving me the 14" Steel rims for the winder. Are they pulling my chain?

Old 06-15-2006, 07:15 AM
Originally Posted by ehschw76
I have a quick question concerning the HFP 16" Rims. When I purchased my Silver Fit Sport with the HFP 16" rims I was also given the 14" Steel rims from a Base Fit due to the HFP rims having summer only tires. I inquired about the 15" rims that come standard on the Sport fit and they said that Honda required them to send them back once the HFP rims were installed by the dealership. (Just as a note: The 16" rims were installed when it was delivered...It was not a direct request by me)

My question is, Should I have expected my dealership to give me the 15" rims along with the installed 16" HFP rims? They told me that they went above and beyond by giving me the 14" Steel rims for the winder. Are they pulling my chain?

They are pulling your chain, those Sport wheels are yours, they come with the car, them telling you that they have to send them back to Honda is a flat out lie, I would definitely push the issue. What the dealership is doing, is they are going to turn around and put your Sport wheels on a base model and make money off of a set of wheels that technically you paid for. If I was you I would go back to the dealership ASAP and ask for the Sport wheels as the winter wheels being that you bought a Sport model!

Old 06-15-2006, 08:40 AM
Did you pay extra for the HFP rims and tires or did you buy the car for the same price as would be equipped with Sport wheels?

Old 06-15-2006, 08:46 AM
I paid quite a bit more for the 16" HFP rims. I am going to call around to other dealerships to find out if they think I got shafted and I am also going to call Honda Customer Care so that I have backup when I go to the dealership demanding my 15" rims, returning the 14" steels.

Old 06-15-2006, 09:40 AM
I called Honda Customer Care and they told me that is how things are done. If the dealer installs an "add-on" prior to the sale, then the original factory part is returned. It is not given to the buyer. I think that is crazy, but what am I going to do....

Should I put the 14"s on during the winter, or just buy All Season Tires?

Old 06-15-2006, 09:50 AM
Thats BS, heh. My dealer quoted me for the HFP wheels and said I would also get the original 15" wheels back since they were already mine. It is very odd that they would do that if Honda's official stance is that they have to go back to honda.

Last edited by Rhyno; 06-15-2006 at 11:00 AM.
Old 06-15-2006, 09:53 AM
I agree.....But there isn't much I can do now. I have learned a lesson. Get add-ons AFTER the car is purchased!

Old 06-15-2006, 12:23 PM
Ok, here is probably what happened. That dealership got a Base and Sport Fit in. put the HFP wheels on the sport and the sport wheels on the base. they had the base wheels left over and gave them to you. What they also should have done is given you a credit for the sport wheels. I am sure that they marked the base Fit up due to it having the sport wheels on it so they made some money there. They also charged you for the HFP wheels and gave you the wheels off of the base. So you should have gotten some kind of credit.

I can tell you with 100% certainty that Honda does not require that we send them the wheels back. They dont give us credit, so our customers that order the bigger wheels always get the originals back.
Neal

Old 06-15-2006, 12:31 PM
what you should have done is bought the car, drove home THEN ordered the rims you want (HFP are available at a DISCOUNTED cost at collegehillshonda.com). Its not like they cut you a break when you got them with the car (as far as I know). I was going to get those, but after tires and "instllation" (douchebags), it owul dhave been 1700 bucks extra. Il get a set of gram lites, thank you.

Old 06-15-2006, 03:43 PM
The 15 inch alloys actually cost more than the 16 inch HFP's according to College Hills website ($226.10 vs. $154.80). This is their price, not retail. However if you have the Bridgestone Potenza's, they retail much more than the stock Dunlop's ($124 vs. $70) at Tire Rack. I have found that other Honda dealers will sell the HFP's discounted as well as CHH.

Old 06-17-2006, 12:09 AM
June 2007 1st Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
damn...that sucks, if you cant do anything forget about it you have nice HFP rims sell the steelies

Old 06-17-2006, 06:12 AM
Originally Posted by ngoldberg
Ok, here is probably what happened. That dealership got a Base and Sport Fit in. put the HFP wheels on the sport and the sport wheels on the base. they had the base wheels left over and gave them to you. What they also should have done is given you a credit for the sport wheels. I am sure that they marked the base Fit up due to it having the sport wheels on it so they made some money there. They also charged you for the HFP wheels and gave you the wheels off of the base. So you should have gotten some kind of credit.

I can tell you with 100% certainty that Honda does not require that we send them the wheels back. They dont give us credit, so our customers that order the bigger wheels always get the originals back.
Neal
You speak the truth, honda does not require us to send them back, by no means have we ever been required to send any rims back to honda, however they would not have been required to give you the stockers back even if they had kept them there in the parts department, since you didn't buy the car with the stockers on it, then get them after or during the purchase, however you should check to make sure that they did credit the stock wheels and tires to the car, to make sure you aren't paying for 2 sets of wheels and tires.

Old 06-17-2006, 06:25 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ehschw76
I called Honda Customer Care and they told me that is how things are done. If the dealer installs an "add-on" prior to the sale, then the original factory part is returned. It is not given to the buyer. I think that is crazy, but what am I going to do....

Should I put the 14"s on during the winter, or just buy All Season Tires?
Total BS. The dealer i went too said the could NOT take the rims back.

Old 06-17-2006, 08:47 AM
Someone that Posts too much
but putting the sport wheels on the base would totally throw the speedo off..

-joe

Old 06-17-2006, 09:22 AM
Originally Posted by sillypuddy
but putting the sport wheels on the base would totally throw the speedo off..

-joe
It shouldn't, they're just about the same diameter and circumference - I think the diameter is off by less than 4 tenths of an inch. It might make the speedo all of 1mph off at 60mph, but it's absolutely negligible.

Quick Reply: HFP 16" wheels questions and answers