Fit Wheels & Tires Discuss Wheels & Tires for the Fit and Jazz

New Fit Guy Looking Into Wheels and Tires

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 10:19 PM

Hey Guys.

I am thinking about buying a fit at the end of the sumer as a DD to do a few small things to and maybe run an AutoX event every now and then.

I was thinking an 08 MR Fit Sport M5 of course.

I planned on initially putting the camaro on hold for a few weeks and doing wheels and tires and a drop then just enjoy it until I get the motor done on the camaro.

Im thinking of going with 17s.

Right now Im between the Enkei RPF1s and the Kosei K1 TSs. My buddy runs the koseis on his miata and they are pretty darn light and theyve been very durable. I have another friend who has the Enkeis and they are pretty damn light to. Im pretty sure their weights are pretty close so Id probably go with whatever is cheaper.

I think im supposed to run a 204/40/17, in the BFG KDs. I ran the KDs on the camaro and I loved them, they grip so well for a street tire.

Anyone ran these on their fit, how do they like them on these cars. Also any rubbing problems with a drop?

Old 07-02-2008, 10:42 PM

Hey Guys.

I am thinking about buying a fit at the end of the sumer as a DD to do a few small things to and maybe run an AutoX event every now and then.

I planned on initially putting the camaro on hold for a few weeks and doing wheels and tires and a drop then just enjoy it until I get the motor done on the camaro.

Right now Im between the Enkei RPF1s and the Kosei K1 TSs. My buddy runs the koseis on his miata and they are pretty darn light and theyve been very durable. I have another friend who has the Enkeis and they are pretty damn light to. Im pretty sure their weights are pretty close so Id probably go with whatever is cheaper.

I think im supposed to run a 204/40/17, in the BFG KDs. I ran the KDs on the camaro and I loved them, they grip so well for a street tire.

Anyone ran these on their fit, how do they like them on these cars. Also any rubbing problems with a drop?

Old 07-02-2008, 11:31 PM
5 Year Member
i hate kdw's

they for me dont really stick.

i drove them on a srt4 and they arnt that great.
i try and stick away from bfg...the sports they will leave chunks of rubber after canyon running or whatnot.

rock 16's man...the best way to go.

im running 17's they only way 15 lbs.

the tire size is right....205/40/17

make sure whatever wheels you get that are 17's you better hope they are at least 45+ offset. or else you will have some major rubbing issues.

eibach sportlines would be your best bet if you can find some 17's that have that offset. nice drop, great ride.

im running tein-s.tech...but i highly recommend the eibachs.

Old 07-03-2008, 12:15 AM
Supposedly rpf1s are stronger than the koseis. That's only what I heard though migh not be true. I like the rpf1s I have a set myself, they do make the wheel look smaller than it is though. Today some dude in 350z thought I was running 17s when I have 18s.

Old 07-03-2008, 08:02 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Opti
Hey Guys.

17x7 wheels with 42mm offset (unlowered) or 45 mm offset (lowered) with 205/40x17 tires are great. I've had them for nearly 6000 miles and we have installed that set on 3 other Fits with complete satisfaction.
cheers.

Old 07-03-2008, 07:23 PM
Originally Posted by SD_MR_FIT
i hate kdw's

they for me dont really stick.

i drove them on a srt4 and they arnt that great.
i try and stick away from bfg...the sports they will leave chunks of rubber after canyon running or whatnot.

rock 16's man...the best way to go.

im running 17's they only way 15 lbs.

the tire size is right....205/40/17

make sure whatever wheels you get that are 17's you better hope they are at least 45+ offset. or else you will have some major rubbing issues.

eibach sportlines would be your best bet if you can find some 17's that have that offset. nice drop, great ride.

im running tein-s.tech...but i highly recommend the eibachs.
Personally I am a BFg guy through and through.

I will not be running the "KDW"s. (D=Dry, W=Wet) I will be running the "KD"s (D=Dry) this is by far the best street tire for all out performance I have ever dealt with. They absolutely suck int he rain and cold but I dont care, I had a set with 315s in the rear on the camaro and oh boy did they grip well.

The BFG KDW New Tread is a hell of a street tire. Yes you may be right about the chunking but I have seen damn near all street tires chunk at a road course on a well driven capable car. Everything from Eagle F1 GSs to Nittos. There is only a few tires I have seen at the road course that didnt do it, one being the KDs.

The KDW may be more prone to it but as a street tire its fine.

Shit I love BFGs. I had some KDWS (Dry Wet Snow) on the camaro and they hooked well enough to spin the wheel inside the tire on the street (and that was only a 245).

About the springs, Ill never run sportlines. Eibach has a reputation for making the sportlines too soft and too low. Ive heard of this from many different guys, including f-bodys to the e36 bimmers.

So Ill probably go with a tein setup if those are the two best choices.