Gauge Interest in a Fit Product or Group Buy Use this sub-forum to gauge market interest in your Product or Group Buy.
If you decide to sell a Product or proceed with your Group Buy, create your listing in our Non-Fit Vendor Group Buys and Product Sales area.
If you decide to become a forum sponsor with "FIT Vendor" title, please Contact Us for details.

Testing water on 3 Drive Throttle Controller for GE6-GE9

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 10:52 PM
5 Year Member
The dealer is an hour away...and they'd probably be upset about seeing the ETC on there in the first place, so that's a last resort.

I will leave the battery disconnected overnight and see if that helps.

If not, I'll go by autozone tomorrow and see if they have something that can reset it.

We'll see. About to go for a drive to see if I can get the unit to work on the road.
Haven't yet tried that out.

Old 02-01-2010, 11:02 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah Autozone would have a scan guage to clear it and they can see what exactly triggered it.

Has anyone else had a CEL come on when installing this unit or another brand of throttle controller?

Old 02-01-2010, 11:09 PM
5 Year Member
Ok...

I went driving to see if I could tell what the ETC was doing.

Perhaps it was my car due to the CEL but in all modes the car was lagging and barely moving.

Is this because of the CEL or is the unit acting up?

Any ideas?

I am going to unhook the battery over night and unhook the ETC so that in the morning I can go to work with no problems.

I will try again tomorrow I guess.

Old 02-01-2010, 11:13 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Btrthnezr3
Ok...

I went driving to see if I could tell what the ETC was doing.

Perhaps it was my car due to the CEL but in all modes the car was lagging and barely moving.

Is this because of the CEL or is the unit acting up?

Any ideas?

I am going to unhook the battery over night and unhook the ETC so that in the morning I can go to work with no problems.

I will try again tomorrow I guess.
The car is acting up because of the CEL. Were you able to program the T/C completely or was it giving you funny readings. I would disconnect everything and plug back in the connector to your gas pedal and then disconnect the battery and the CEL will go away. When I got the T/C to work I disconnected it and left it in my car since I got a CEL but I cleared it and drove around without it for a few days and tried again the other night and no CEL popped up. I would disconnecting the T/C before I would take it into the dealership, since your ECU would be reset and your car should drive like fine.

Old 02-02-2010, 12:33 AM
5 Year Member
OMG...I got it to work...I think, LOL.

No CEL and the modes feel different.

One other thing...I noticed when accelerating in the various modes that "A 35" or other numbers pops up. Is this normal?

Thank you guys for all your help!

Also, typically how long does it take for the display to turn off after you've turned the car off?

I'll give a detailed review tomorrow after I get a chance to really test drive it.

Thanks to ekonetics, 555sexydrive and TWPanson of course!!

Last edited by Btrthnezr3; 02-02-2010 at 12:38 AM.
Old 02-02-2010, 01:23 AM
5 Year Member
The A and number is your acceleration %. The unit can take anywhere from 1 to 10 minutes to turn off, remember when I said you should wait about 10 minutes to install it after you have been driving, the ECU still has residual power and this is powered off of the ECU. I was like WTF when I installed mine and turned the car off, I was like why is this thing still on. Then went and read through the notes and saw this information.

So how was the different settings? SP7 is fun, pretty much where mine stays at. haha

Old 02-02-2010, 12:40 PM
5 Year Member
LOL ok...it freaked me out when it stayed on too.

I will try to test it on my way home to see what's up...I'm excited but still kind of nervous about it...I usually HATE electronics (because I suck at installing/using them) but everyone was raving about this so I had to try it. I am not one to give up, so that's why I kept on it last night.

Thank you to all of you for all of your help--couldn't have done it without you.

I just can't wait to get out on some open road and try her out ;-)

Old 02-02-2010, 01:49 PM
Merchant / Group Buy Organizer ( non-certified )
5 Year Member
Please do let me know if you have any more questions or problems,

Panson
TWP

Old 02-02-2010, 03:14 PM
5 Year Member
Thank you Panson--I'll let you know how the ride home today goes. I'm going to play around with it a bit this afternoon.

Old 02-02-2010, 03:34 PM
5 Year Member
I hope you don't enjoy the drive home too much and get in trouble.... I know you are going to like it a lot.

Old 02-02-2010, 04:27 PM
5 Year Member
LOL...yeah, I'm still experimenting...I am freaked out that it won't turn off--lol so when I got to work today, I just unplugged the obd2 sensor. Haha...I went outside during my conference period and started it up--kinda sounded weird. I shut her off, and then restarted, no noise...so I think it was the fact that I had just plugged it in. When I get home I'll leave it plugged in, and then when I come back out to go to my extra curricular duties (about 30 min later) I'll make sure it's off and test the ignition.

Thanks Texas...for the suggestion. Wish you would have been around last night to save me from massive frustration, LOL.

Old 02-02-2010, 07:32 PM
5 Year Member
Seriously don't worry about it staying on. Just leave it plugged in. Mine turns off usually in about 2 minutes or so. It is not draining any power from the battery at all.

Old 02-02-2010, 11:10 PM
5 Year Member
Ok I'm home and everything on the ETC is working PERFECT! I don't know what my car's deal was but it just did not want to take the ETC...but now that I forced it (put her in time out)...the ETC is great! I am so happy with it! Can't wait to play around with it more!

Thank you Panson!

Old 02-03-2010, 07:17 AM
5 Year Member
You need to get a 6 pack of some good imported beer and get out on some of the twisty, hilly county roads in Northern Anderson County in order to really appreciate Sp7 mode..... Maybe one or two beers are enough...... It is hard to believe that you can have so much fun and have more than two or three wheels on the ground..... It's my favorite vice.

Old 02-03-2010, 04:21 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Btrthnezr3
Ok I'm home and everything on the ETC is working PERFECT! I don't know what my car's deal was but it just did not want to take the ETC...but now that I forced it (put her in time out)...the ETC is great! I am so happy with it! Can't wait to play around with it more!

Thank you Panson!
Glad you enjoy it.
Yes, like Texas Coyote said, definitely go enjoy some driving in hill country Texas

Panson
TWP
twptrade.com

Old 02-08-2010, 04:31 AM
The best part of this device is that you have the multiple options to choose based on different type of driving you want at different type of road.

Old 02-17-2010, 05:40 PM
whats the current price of this its gd3 5spd

Old 02-17-2010, 05:56 PM
5 Year Member
The most recent price I heard was $150.00 including shipping.... Panson will respond quickly with the price if you PM him. There are a lot of folks young and old that love the thing.

Old 02-17-2010, 06:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by evo9tofit?
whats the current price of this its gd3 5spd
Sir,

You've got a pm

Rgds,
Panson
TWP

Old 02-19-2010, 02:39 AM
The best part of this device is that you have the multiple options to choose based on different type of driving you want at different type of road.

Quick Reply: Testing water on 3 Drive Throttle Controller for GE6-GE9