Gauge Interest in a Fit Product or Group Buy Use this sub-forum to gauge market interest in your Product or Group Buy.
If you decide to sell a Product or proceed with your Group Buy, create your listing in our Non-Fit Vendor Group Buys and Product Sales area.
If you decide to become a forum sponsor with "FIT Vendor" title, please Contact Us for details.

JDP GE8 duckbill spoiler!

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 03:58 PM
5 Year Member
Ok guys, this is getting out of control.

I didn't start a vote at the beginning because we would have 100's of opinons from people who weren't actually going to buy the damn thing.

I was hoping for something similar to #1 when I started, but I've had to remain flexible w/ the groups desires in order to get 10 people.

If you're really worried about the outcome, just know that since I organized this thing, I will take responsibility. I'm hoping that if you don't like the final vote someone else will take your slot quickly. If not, I will personally fund your deposit back until it gets filled...everybody breathe

Old 03-02-2012, 04:13 PM
How about we just stop voting and go with #2 since it is in between

Old 03-02-2012, 04:28 PM
5 Year Member
You guys are funny. Thanks lokey for playing peacemaker. #2 does seem to be the "compromise" - it just so happens to be my #1 choice!

Old 03-02-2012, 04:32 PM
5 Year Member
Cool

You're way too nice. This is from a guy that gets told this a lot. If it were me I would have started this GB with the intention of getting the design I want made (sans voting) and see if anyone else wants to join me.

Originally Posted by lowkeymods
Ok guys, this is getting out of control.

I didn't start a vote at the beginning because we would have 100's of opinons from people who weren't actually going to buy the damn thing.

I was hoping for something similar to #1 when I started, but I've had to remain flexible w/ the groups desires in order to get 10 people.

If you're really worried about the outcome, just know that since I organized this thing, I will take responsibility. I'm hoping that if you don't like the final vote someone else will take your slot quickly. If not, I will personally fund your deposit back until it gets filled...everybody breathe

Last edited by blassty; 03-02-2012 at 04:37 PM.
Old 03-02-2012, 04:47 PM
5 Year Member
LOL this is hilarious. we all knew what we were getting into when we sent the deposit. you can't send a deposit and then threaten to pull out, kinda crappy. if you know exactly what you want you should just go buy it and pay the regular price and be done with it. i thought this was supposed to be fun and something cool to do to our FiTs, not a foot-stomping contest...

Old 03-02-2012, 04:56 PM
Im going to go with #2 for sure

#2 is my first choice

#1 is completely pointless because it basically looks like the stock spoiler. #3 is nice, but I like how #2 comes down on the sides more.

Old 03-02-2012, 05:24 PM
5 Year Member
There r 10peeps already but can i still get in on this? Provided it's either style #2 (my choice) or #3? if someone wants a tamer sweep they can buy my current JDP wing!

Old 03-02-2012, 05:38 PM
5 Year Member
Idk if I'm nice, but I'm pretty chill which helps

Ok guys it seems like things have calmed down a bit so we can come to a compromise. I totaled the current weighted scores and it's DEAD EVEN BETWEEN ALL 3 CHOICES...but we're waiting on one more member. Edit: the last member chose #2, 3, 1.

It seems like people are going to be very upset w/ option #1 and #3. Only 1 member ranked 2 as their last choice so it seems that almost everyone is ok w/ #2. How do we all feel about compromising and shooting for #2 a Spoon style spoiler? Here's a linke to the GD3 Spoon duckbill: Spoon Sports Fit GD3 Carbon Fibre Duckbill Spoiler

In regards to getting in past the 10 people, I would think it's ok. I emailed JDP to make sure, so wait till I hear back from them before sending a deposit. John said he would get back w/ me this weekend.

Last edited by lowkeymods; 03-02-2012 at 05:47 PM.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:55 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by lowkeymods
Idk if I'm nice, but I'm pretty chill which helps

Ok guys it seems like things have calmed down a bit so we can come to a compromise. I totaled the current weighted scores and it's DEAD EVEN BETWEEN ALL 3 CHOICES...but we're waiting on one more member. Edit: the last member chose #2, 3, 1.

It seems like people are going to be very upset w/ option #1 and #3. Only 1 member ranked 2 as their last choice so it seems that almost everyone is ok w/ #2. How do we all feel about compromising and shooting for #2 a Spoon style spoiler? Here's a linke to the GD3 Spoon duckbill: Spoon Sports Fit GD3 Carbon Fibre Duckbill Spoiler

In regards to getting in past the 10 people, I would think it's ok. I emailed JDP to make sure, so wait till I hear back from them before sending a deposit. John said he would get back w/ me this weekend.

*BAM* done. #2 works for me

Old 03-02-2012, 06:11 PM
#2 is my second choice and I'd be more than happy with it.

#3 would be awesome but I just don't see that happening here.

#1..... Go away

Old 03-02-2012, 07:30 PM
5 Year Member
2 and 3 are the same wing, just different angle. so really its just option 1 or 2. lol

with that said, if its like the actual duckbill angle im game for a c/f wing "option 2/3".

Last edited by TheRealDooder; 03-02-2012 at 07:32 PM.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:38 PM
5 Year Member
Ok so what do you guys think about this? It's a Spoon "style" spoiler w/ what appears to be a little milder angle than the real Spoon spoiler, but more angle than option #1.

Old 03-02-2012, 08:47 PM
5 Year Member
Perfect...

Old 03-02-2012, 09:02 PM
5 Year Member
look perfect

Old 03-02-2012, 09:06 PM
Would you guys be willing to go with a SLIGHTLY more aggressive angle?

Just throwing it out there. Personally I like the backyard special look but that's a little much for some people. I was happy with #2

Last edited by Smurf_GE; 03-02-2012 at 09:09 PM.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SoloDolo
2 and 3 are the same wing, just different angle. so really its just option 1 or 2. lol

with that said, if its like the actual duckbill angle im game for a c/f wing "option 2/3".
Assuming this is right, it seems as though the Spoon looks mild from the top and very aggressive from the side/back. I think the green civic must have been a Spoon "style" spoiler too as it looks pretty mild.

I think we can easily start a discussion here since it is closer to what option #2 looked like, despite my botched photo references, about a little more angle or not rather than blowing fuses over #'s. I personally am ok w/ just a little more curve, but am also ok w/ it as is too. I'm mostly interested in finding common ground and getting this thing on my car!

Last edited by lowkeymods; 03-02-2012 at 09:23 PM.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:28 PM
The cool thing is we aren't looking for eg6 or gd3 duckbills.. were building our very own GE8 duckbill. So let's get something unique! It doesn't have to be a spoon replica.

I'm glad more people are getting involved and into the details of the wing.

Old 03-02-2012, 09:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SoloDolo
spoon isnt agressive but its.noticeable depending on the angle viewed. the real spoon and spoon style are all almost the same. of course some will be off angle. you keep posting eg6 spoon duckbills and yeah its mild. the gd3 spoon duckbill angles a bit higher. i love the eg6 spoon duckbill, it makes me miss my old eg haha.
Thanks! Obviously I'm no Spoon expert and relatively new to the Honda scene. I appreciate the clarification. I think that the group consensus is that to move forward we need to go w/ something like the eg6 more than the gd3 as it is a little too much for some.

However some Spoon "styles" I think we can agree are too much for the group:

Last edited by lowkeymods; 03-02-2012 at 09:35 PM.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:31 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Smurf_GE
The cool thing is we aren't looking for eg6 or gd3 duckbills.. were building our very own GE8 duckbill. So let's get something unique! It doesn't have to be a spoon replica.

I'm glad more people are getting involved and into the details of the wing.
Empahsis on the LIKE. You're right we're figuring out the details ourselves which is pretty great! I'm simply using the eg6 and gd3 for angle references.

Old 03-02-2012, 09:35 PM
Well the third option was too much that's decided.

I don't think we should disregard the gd3s angle just yet.

The eg's is a as mild as we can get without going back to the sport angle. Haha *exaggerating* a bit but i think you know what I mean.

Quick Reply: JDP GE8 duckbill spoiler!