Gauge Interest in a Fit Product or Group Buy Use this sub-forum to gauge market interest in your Product or Group Buy.
If you decide to sell a Product or proceed with your Group Buy, create your listing in our Non-Fit Vendor Group Buys and Product Sales area.
If you decide to become a forum sponsor with "FIT Vendor" title, please Contact Us for details.

Guage Interest for LED tails

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2014, 10:58 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by stembridge
My feeling is that this is an individual as opposed to an established company......See my next post for OEM part pricing from a supplier out of AU. es
Knew we could all count on you to watch our backs. Looking forward to your further discoveries. May the force be with you!!!

Old 10-06-2014, 06:56 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ROTTBOY
Knew we could all count on you to watch our backs. Looking forward to your further discoveries. May the force be with you!!!
Okay, so the latest email from Anthony at Autoworkshop is pasted below. A paypal invoice can be paid using a CC, which provides "insurance" if there are problems. I replied back to ask whether these are OEM or not (my guess is repro, but we'll see - I personally don't have a problem with repro as long as they look and work the same), and what his return policy is.

He's also willing to do a group discount as you'll see.

Again, if anyone has experience with him, please speak up.

es

###

To order, please e-mail to us and we will send you an invoice through the PayPal. Once invoice is cleared, we will proceed your order.
This order arrangement is exactly the same as we did in FitFreak forum for years.

We can offer a discount if you order 3 or more sets at once time. Price will be USD376 (include registered airmail to independent US mailing address).

Thanks for your support.

Anthony
(AutoWorkshop)
e-mail / PayPal: auto.workshop@hotmail.com

Old 10-06-2014, 10:59 PM
5 Year Member
One more update... Anthony confirmed these are repros out of Thailand. I'm probably going to order a full set. He said the current protests in Hong Kong are affecting shipments out of the region, so to expect a delay.

Will report back if I hear more, or with pics.

es

Old 10-08-2014, 08:19 AM
5 Year Member
Anyone interested in group buy for repro JDM lighted taillights?

I'm getting ready to order a set of repro JDM-style illuminated taillights for my GK EX (made in Taiwan). Price for a single set including shipping to the USA is $406 US. If three or more sets are ordered at one time, the price drops to $376 US.

The seller is Anthony Tsang at Auto Workshop, who appears to go under the handle kenken on this board…

If anyone's interested in a group buy, let me know. I'm assuming (and will ask if needed) that Anthony can ship to multiple locations at no extra charge.

Photos comparing OEM to the repro lights are below. Note that he also carries the Hybrid-style upper light with the red/clear lens.

es

OEM JDM lights:

Taiwanese Repro JDM-style lights:

Hybrid-style repro upper lights:

Old 10-08-2014, 09:39 AM
5 Year Member
I'm getting ready to order a set of repro JDM-style illuminated taillights for my GK EX (made in Taiwan). Price for a single set including shipping to the USA is $406 US. If three or more sets are ordered at one time, the price drops to $376 US.

The seller is Anthony Tsang at Auto Workshop, who appears to go under the handle kenken on this board…

If anyone's interested in a group buy, let me know. I'm assuming (and will ask if needed) that Anthony can ship to multiple locations at no extra charge.

Photos comparing OEM to the repro lights are below. Note that he also carries the Hybrid-style upper light with the red/clear lens.

es

OEM JDM lights:

Hybrid-style repro upper lights:

For these to fit on our car, they would require us to drill and then tap the lights?

Old 10-08-2014, 10:42 AM
Originally Posted by Pf9938
For these to fit on our car, they would require us to drill and then tap the lights?
Yup. Rottboy got his and he detailed we would need to drill a hole to fit the led wires through. We gotta tap it too.

Old 10-08-2014, 10:52 AM

Stem, we should definitely do a group but since a good two handfuls of us want those tails.

Old 10-08-2014, 11:24 AM
i'm interested in GB.. not sure if your allow to on forum
if not join my new fb group https://www.facebook.com/groups/1543712005861899/
and let's discuss there

Old 10-08-2014, 11:52 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenji815
i'm interested in GB.. not sure if your allow to on forum
if not join my new fb group https://www.facebook.com/groups/1543712005861899/
and let's discuss there
Sorry, I don't do FB.

es

Old 10-08-2014, 12:00 PM
...If anyone's interested in a group buy, let me know. I'm assuming (and will ask if needed) that Anthony can ship to multiple locations at no extra charge.
I am really very interested in a group buy discount. I have just one reservation see below

Photos comparing OEM to the repro lights are below.

See how all the light seems to be as one blob? (above) It could be that this one pic does not show how the light looks very well due to the aperture or some other setting on the camera. It may also be that the lower tail light is not the JDM repro but still the USDM original.

But, in the OEM JDM lights, you can see distinct light pipes that run mostly vertically almost the entire length of the upper and lower tail lights pair. I am very fond of that look. See below:

Is it possible that we might see more pics ot the actual product installed and lit up on a Fit???

Thanks very much all your work on this and for sharing it with us!!!

Old 10-08-2014, 12:04 PM
Originally Posted by Pernakpernik Mobil
Hi Guys,

Like I promised few days ago, I will post my Honda Jazz GK5 with S-Elemento tail light that we created to make the car looks elegant.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Elegant......
I am unable to get these links to work... Facebook says the content is unavailable. Could you please post these pics in this forum?

Old 10-08-2014, 12:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by noripwr
Stem, we should definitely do a group but since a good two handfuls of us want those tails.
Since I'm still fairly new to FF, is there any info on how to put together a GB somewhere? I found a lot of them in the "buy/sell" section, but it looks like the vendors themselves putting them together.

Maybe for starters, if you're interested, put your ID below so we can get an idea of how many sets we're looking at:

1. stembridge - (1) full set of four lights

es

Old 10-08-2014, 12:24 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fat_man
But, in the OEM JDM lights, you can see distinct light pipes that run mostly vertically almost the entire length of the upper and lower tail lights pair. I am very fond of that look.

Is it possible that we might see more pics ot the actual product installed and lit up on a Fit???
I agree, and will shoot Anthony an email tonight and ask for a clearer photo…

es

Old 10-08-2014, 04:28 PM
I'm also interested. Thanks to Fat_man for requesting more clarity/info regarding these lights! I wanna see what these lights actually look like lit up.

Old 10-08-2014, 07:50 PM
5 Year Member
Email sent requesting better photos…

es

Old 10-08-2014, 11:19 PM
5 Year Member
Since I'm still fairly new to FF, is there any info on how to put together a GB somewhere? I found a lot of them in the "buy/sell" section, but it looks like the vendors themselves putting them together.

Maybe for starters, if you're interested, put your ID below so we can get an idea of how many sets we're looking at:

es
Im in for a set of four but in the hybrid version.

Old 10-09-2014, 04:41 AM

es
Im in for JDM full set

Old 10-09-2014, 12:53 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by bbigmouthh
Im in for JDM full set
Just want to make sure you realize these are reproduction JDM lights, not OEM…

es

Old 10-09-2014, 04:03 PM
Just want to make sure you realize these are reproduction JDM lights, not OEM…

es
I knew that "reproduction"

Old 10-09-2014, 10:21 PM
5 Year Member
Okay, here's the latest from Anthony:

"Sorry that we do not have other picture at this moment. They are strip lights as you see the connection at the back of the case, there is only a plug but no space for installing a bulb.

There are only 2 styles available in the market at this moment which are the 2 styles in my website and none of them are using bulbs but using strip light."

If that's a concern for folks, we can wait until better photos are available, or press on. I'll probably go ahead and order a set either way...

es

Quick Reply: Guage Interest for LED tails