$2000 + Fit Mod Club!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 01:48 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by kelsodeez
hahaha i dont care if you call bs or not. im not trying to impress anyone other than myself. but like i said before, the bulk of the money ive spent on parts arent even on my car. (lsd, brakes, turbo in the mail). parts not on my car are worth 6 grand easy. parts on my car well exceed 5,000. here are pics of my car before i left for japan. https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...ave-japan.html
10k extra on the Fit???????????
Can you list the stuuf you bought?
Edit-Nevermind i see it! Holy crap dude!!!!

Tyler

Last edited by TOOL; 01-29-2008 at 02:02 PM.
Old 01-29-2008, 01:49 PM
5 Year Member
hahaha well when i got home, it was bugging me. i really have no idea exactly how much ive spent on my car. so i broke out the reciepts.

nardi steering wheel & nrg quick release-$580
jdm coin tray-$18
jdm vent controller stickers-$25
jdm red hazard switch-$32
jdm int. door handles-$86
spoon duracon shift knob-$63
mugen short shifter-$255
all weather floor mats-$110
jdm door sills-$95
jdm passenger visor-$54
seibon carbon hood-$543
HID kit-$113
yellow fog light bulbs-$30
volk wheels-$1998
jdm rear bumper-$495 +$300 S&H
j's rear monocoque bar-$115
aspec axle back- $210
spoon short antenna-$53
tein basic damper kit-$1131
tanabe front & rear strut bar-$232
t1r bmax c pillar bar-$220
j's roll center adjuster x2(messed up one pair)-$650
t1r front underbrace-$115
n1 led brake lights- $108
spoon lsd-$1050
spoon battery-$298
spoon oil cap-$86
spoon rad cap-$35
spoon res. socks-$18
project mu mini brake kit-$2261
t1r forged lug nuts-$92
t1r volt stabilizer-$120
spoon magnetic drain plugs-$62
broadway mirror-$21
two cases of greddy oil and hamp oil filters-$340
tires
bf goodrich g force kdw-$458
yokohama a032r- $681

=$13,153

i dont have the price of the hks turbo kit yet, but i was told its going to be around $2500. this is also not counting the 5 allignments done to get the suspension dialed in or the new stock control arm. dang. i gotta stop spending money on my car.

where are you getting your HKS turbo kit from? I'm interested as I'd like to know about it too. Thanks for the info if u got it...=)

Old 01-29-2008, 02:07 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TOOL
10k extra on the Fit???????????
Can you list the stuuf you bought?

Tyler
i did sucka! look a few posts back.

Originally Posted by SDpannfit
it should be for the JDM one. i think they have some small differences between the US and the JDM one. I have the HKS USDM unreleased one. kelsodeez you might have a problem running into the emanage. They greddy turbo fit we have at the shop is using the f-manage to control his fuel.
yea. i was told that there are issues with the fitment. i was told that if i dont want to fab my own fitment, that the issues would be resolved with parts from the usdm kit. but im pretty handy when it comes to fab work. im gonna research ecu options once i get the turbo, as well as research on oil coolers, turbo timers, exhaust, internals, etc. so your kit is the usdm unreleased one? are you friends with someone at hks-usa?
btw, i guarantee there are people that spend wayyyy more money than me. 13k is small potatoes compared to some fit owners. id love to be sponsored and get parts for cost but i guess all i can do is get whats available. all i can do is make friends with shops and show them what i can do with a car.

Originally Posted by ezekielwhore
hows that LSD doing ya? wut are those 16s?
havent put the lsd in yet. im waiting till i can get at least a few weeks of dry weather so i can break in the lsd right away. and my rims are 15in. i had 16's and they sucked. my car is wayyy more responsive with 15's. also it doesnt hurt that i shed about 4 pounds a rim when went from 15;s to 16's

Old 01-29-2008, 02:10 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sdPANNfit
He takes the cake?
hmmm....does that he has spent the most?
toyotalover are you going to take that?
jdm chris???"
lets see who really spent the most...just for fun.
looks like kelsodeez is using retail prices...
WHO IS THE CHAMP???
i would like to know?
poll??

Oh well, no need for me to compete on $$$ on a Fit. I’m not out there to be showing how much I spent on my Fit since I daily drive it, and don’t want any issues from people snooping around my car, and knowing every little thing I have in it. I didn’t even put my 17’s on, since I don’t want to get them stolen off my drive way. I just got another set of 16’s I’ll be rolling around in for the time being.

I’m still going to go FI and that’s about it.

I build cars for my enjoyment, and if you want to see how extreme I can go, you can check out my $500.00 car with well over $30k worth of parts and labor on it on Jtuned.com.

http://www.jtuned.com/content/templates/statics.aspx?articleid=427&zoneid=1

Last edited by ToyotaLover; 01-29-2008 at 02:58 PM.
Old 01-29-2008, 02:14 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ToyotaLover
Oh well, no need for me to compete on $$$ on a Fit. I’m not out there to be showing how much I spent on my Fit since I daily drive it, and don’t want any issues from people snooping around my car, and knowing every little thing I have in it. I didn’t even put my 17’s on, since I don’t want to get them stolen off my drive way. I just got another set of 16’s I’ll be rolling around in for the time being.

I’m still going to go FI and that’s about it.

I build cars for my enjoyment, and if you want to see how extreme I can go, you can check out my $500.00 car with well over $30k worth of parts and labor on it on Jtuned.com.

http://www.jtuned.com/content/templates/statics.aspx?articleid=427&zoneid=1
ahhhh! so awesome! i love hatchi roku!!!!

im not too worried about thieves around my car. i park in a private warehouse at work and i live in a pretty nice neighborhood. my house is so hard to find, sometimes i get lost trying to find it! hahaha

also, it would be pretty hard to drive a car with no steering wheel and a hidden voltage cutoff switch. =)

Last edited by kelsodeez; 01-29-2008 at 02:20 PM.
Old 01-29-2008, 02:17 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
wait, its an 85 corolla. so i guess that would be a hachi go!!!!

Old 01-29-2008, 02:23 PM
5 Year Member
wait, its an 85 corolla. so i guess that would be a hachi go!!!!

Hatchi roku means 86
Hatchi go means 85

The code stands for the chassis, and in the US technically all GTS are 88, and the SR5’s are all 86. The 85 is an overseas chassis that is stripped down even more so, in the US all the chassis are the same, other then the vin so technically mines a 88.

Old 01-29-2008, 02:25 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
Hatchi roku means 86
Hatchi go means 85

The code stands for the chassis, and in the US technically all GTS are 88, and the SR5’s are all 86. The 85 is an overseas chassis that is stripped down even more so, in the US all the chassis are the same, other then the vin so technically mines a 88.
haha you learn something new everyday.

+1 for the sweet ass hachi hachi! hahaha

Old 01-29-2008, 03:44 PM
Yes i am a distributor for HKS usa. i got the unreleased kit. should be out in about 6-8 months as soon as the carb numbers come back.
BJ

Last edited by sdPANNfit; 01-29-2008 at 05:11 PM.
Old 01-29-2008, 06:22 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
Yes i am a distributor for HKS usa. i got the unreleased kit. should be out in about 6-8 months as soon as the carb numbers come back.
BJ
damn, that must be nice being a distro for HKS. id kill to have the option of having the usdm kit before its out.

also sucks that its gonna take that long for the carb numbers to come back. if kraftwerks brings out their kits on schedule, and t1r get finished writing a installation manual, that will take a huge chunk of u.s. business away from all the F.I. late comers. personally, i think the hks kit is the best looking, best sounding kit on the japanese market right now. i just cant wait 6-8 months for the usdm kit. i need it yesterday.

Old 01-29-2008, 06:45 PM
I park mine in my $300k condo??? I can't wait for the wife to finish med school, until then I have too many bills to pay

Old 01-29-2008, 07:23 PM
Yea we are pretty happy.
i think that HKS will have the only FI that will be legal in california.
they have them in stock but they dont want to release them.
BJ

damn, that must be nice being a distro for HKS. id kill to have the option of having the usdm kit before its out.

also sucks that its gonna take that long for the carb numbers to come back. if kraftwerks brings out their kits on schedule, and t1r get finished writing a installation manual, that will take a huge chunk of u.s. business away from all the F.I. late comers. personally, i think the hks kit is the best looking, best sounding kit on the japanese market right now. i just cant wait 6-8 months for the usdm kit. i need it yesterday.

Old 01-29-2008, 07:27 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
hmm thats strange that they wont release them for off road use only. they are probably holding back because they can charge more for a carb legal part, also they have to formulate the r&d cost of the procedure to get carb certified. is this correct?

Old 01-29-2008, 08:13 PM
Yea we are pretty happy.
i think that HKS will have the only FI that will be legal in california.
they have them in stock but they dont want to release them.
BJ
CALI LEGAL!!!
*giggles* ahhahaahaaa
yea

Old 01-29-2008, 11:44 PM
mauauhahah 50 state street legal and smog legal.
including Killer Cali~

Originally Posted by Snap Fit
CALI LEGAL!!!
*giggles* ahhahaahaaa
yea

Old 01-29-2008, 11:53 PM
5 Year Member
mauauhahah 50 state street legal and smog legal.
including Killer Cali~
I know that HKS also sell turbo kits that are not street legal, like big turbo kit for the rx7, Supra, MR2, Eclipse, etc and why won't they sell the Fit kit as an Offroad kit only, then make another kit street legal kit. It's been done before by them, I don't understand why they don't do it now.

Old 01-30-2008, 11:53 AM
T
HKS should be CARB legal in california. Thats why they haven'r released it yet.
That is good to hear.

Old 01-30-2008, 01:30 PM
I know that HKS also sell turbo kits that are not street legal, like big turbo kit for the rx7, Supra, MR2, Eclipse, etc and why won't they sell the Fit kit as an Offroad kit only, then make another kit street legal kit. It's been done before by them, I don't understand why they don't do it now.

I dunno... i guess thats what they have decided.

Old 01-30-2008, 02:21 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Oh man, I am pretty sure I blew past 2K a while ago.... so easy to do.... I am even on a budget (well kind of, I break down every once in a while and splurge... lol)

Lets See.... First Rims & Tires = 1050$, Snow Tires 700$, New Summer Tires 560$... well that gets me in already

I believe I have broke the 5K mark already with all my other junk, I will be pushing past 6K after my next little install this April.

Old 01-31-2008, 09:49 AM
anyone regret buying any parts?

i hope i never go over 5k$$$

wheels should get me to 3k$$ ish and i don't think i'll do anything else with it.

I don't really care for engine parts at the moment.

Quick Reply: $2000 + Fit Mod Club!