$2000 + Fit Mod Club!

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 03:27 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Previc93
I would disagree. I would be in that club too.
I'm up there lol. Actually more over the 30k club...only a few are there.

Old 03-03-2013, 01:01 PM
5 Year Member
Ya im over 30k too. I started with base model. Js racing stuff is expensive and adds up quick. And not even close to being done.

Old 03-03-2013, 01:52 PM
5 Year Member
I quit keeping up with what I've spent in 2010... It wouldn't surprise me if I was over $30,000 total but it is probably a good thing that I don't know... I have 2 packages yet to be picked in town that I paid just under $700 for...

Old 03-03-2013, 02:28 PM
5 Year Member
Ya i purchased new wheels and tires a couple months ago and just purchased a lap timer for $400 and part of a rear disc conversion for $300. Still have to get rear calipers e brake cables and hawk ht-10 brake pads front and rear.

Just a huge money pit but i cant stop.

Old 03-03-2013, 02:53 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Previc93
Ya im over 30k too. I started with base model. Js racing stuff is expensive and adds up quick. And not even close to being done.
Are project cars ever really done? I have a guess on what I have spent. Really though I don't like adding it all up to try and figure it all out.

Funny think is when someone ask what I spent, they get mad at me when I say I don't want to talk numbers. When I do give a $$ amount the first thing out of there mouth is Why.

Old 03-04-2013, 02:19 PM
5 Year Member
Why answer a question so they can question again. It just goes on. I get too many people asking questions especially about how much. I just smile and say, too much.

Old 03-04-2013, 02:24 PM
Originally Posted by MNfit
Are project cars ever really done? I have a guess on what I have spent. Really though I don't like adding it all up to try and figure it all out.

Funny think is when someone ask what I spent, they get mad at me when I say I don't want to talk numbers. When I do give a $$ amount the first thing out of there mouth is Why.
Already over 2k in the Fit and the compound system isn't done yet lol and I could've bought a second GD and a decent bike for what the LSR car has run me so far.

Old 03-04-2013, 02:24 PM
5 Year Member
Me too. Or i tell them priceless. U cant put a price on it. Only someone that owns one would understand.

Old 03-05-2013, 02:09 PM
Super Moderator
I try to tell them its a hobby and try to compare it to a hobbies they have... that never works. I like the idea of smiling and saying too much or just answer any of there fallow up questions with "because racecar"

Old 03-05-2013, 03:17 PM
been asked a number of times the same question... "why spend that much on a FIT?" it's really annoying but... "WHY NOT?" so I sometimes jokingly, with all pun intended, reply "because I want to rub it onto people faces"... they laugh and I laugh, end of conversation.

Old 03-05-2013, 03:35 PM
5 Year Member
I have always been into taking a car or motorcycle that isn't as fast as what someone with lots of money can purchase at a dealership and making it kick a mud hole in the pricier car's ass... The Fit is often times mistaken for a Prius or some other hybrid and always has people going WTF as I watch them get small in the rear view mirror while I LMAO and widen the gap even more. The kids in town go crazy when I light up the front tires in 1st and 2nd and try to get their friends to race me on some back road at night.. The word is out around here about the old guy and the little gray rat and they all say no thanks....

Old 03-05-2013, 03:40 PM
I miss my rust bucket sleeper. Been without boost now since Oct 2011.

Nasty withdrawal

Old 03-05-2013, 05:13 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ThEvil0nE
been asked a number of times the same question... "why spend that much on a FIT?" it's really annoying but... "WHY NOT?" so I sometimes jokingly, with all pun intended, reply "because I want to rub it onto people faces"... they laugh and I laugh, end of conversation.
My response is that I guess I am just smart. Why would I buy a an expensive car with possible high maintenance and depreciation with overpriced aftermarket parts. When I can buy a Fit a car with very low depreciation, and parts that can be removed and sold for about what I paid for them based on the rarity and exchange rates.

Get this with my Miata in 2011 I brought KG Works intakes for $40 (pays to check classifies on Sunday morning) last year was offer $250 I am not buying aftermarket parts I am borrowing them.

Last edited by cjecpa; 03-05-2013 at 05:41 PM.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:42 PM
5 Year Member
I have more than the $2K in wheel and tire combos for AutoX before the Flashpro and other tidbits...

If asked how much or why, Because Race Car is of course the answer!

When pressed for why a slow Fit when even an EF civic is a cheaper faster AutoX car, I point to my raw result times that still hang in the top 20% of times and then load up my car with all my tools, tires and passenger and then proceed to commute and DD it

Old 03-05-2013, 08:29 PM
5 Year Member
Even at my age, the cost of insuring a car that accelerates and corners as well as my Fit does with all of the performance parts and modifications I've bought and installed would be a lot higher than it is.

Old 10-25-2013, 02:55 AM
5 Year Member
Hey guys,

Sorry for reviving an old thread but I assume some of you guys are still going strong, so why not keep this thing going?

Just curious though, how do you guys justify spending so much money on your car? This is really for the ones who've spent 10k+. I just passed the 10k mark this summer and will be hitting the 15k mark by next year. However, when I think about how much I've spent I kind of feel ashamed like I should be saving my money or spending it on something wiser.

It does make me happy though, so that's all that should matter right? :X
Tuning cars is such a love hate relationship with me. Anyone else feel me?

Old 10-25-2013, 09:41 AM
5 Year Member
We all feel you haha.

Modding cars is something I wish I could stop doing, but I can't think of doing much else.

Old 10-25-2013, 10:57 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by EightyFour
Just curious though, how do you guys justify spending so much money on your car?....
This
Originally Posted by cjecpa
My response is that I guess I am just smart. Why would I buy a an expensive car with possible high maintenance and depreciation with overpriced aftermarket parts......

I could've easily bought a nice VW which would be quite fast & very luxurious (in comparison), but I'd become best friends with my mechanic again (ask me how I know.. lol).
So for the money I saved (in initial cost & repairs/maintenance) I'm putting it back in my Fit to get some of that luxury & performance. I plan on keeping my GE8 for a very long time so over the long run it makes sense to me.

This summer I passed $5k (almost 6), and I haven't even done aero, brakes, suspension, or power mods yet. Plus, I still need to get another couple of sets of wheels (one for track, and one VIP).

Old 10-25-2013, 11:33 AM
5 Year Member
I am somewhere over the 10k maybe close to 15k. I'm happy enough with performance for now, I just need to make it pretty.

That'll be a while though since I have my crx now.

Old 10-25-2013, 12:46 PM
5 Year Member
$2k is easy to reach, I think I am at that point, Clazzio seat covers, front deflector, window visors, door sills, JDM taillights, Eibach Pro Kit, Koni yellows, Mugen rear view mirror cover, STI Lip, Progress rear sway bar, Window Tint 3M and etc. Could easily double it with a good set of wheels and tires (from $2k to $4k). If we ever get a supercharger add another $3k. So my car cost me $17k add on $7k total $24k. Some might say you could of brought a $24k car but chances are you would at least do suspension and wheels so I still have a spread of $3k to spend.

Quick Reply: $2000 + Fit Mod Club!