splash shield under engine

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2020, 12:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FIT-to-be-tied
Not necessarily so. My dealer said it will take an week to order.
I had noticed when swapping to my snows that the shield wasn't there. It hadn't fallen off. the dealer tech simply forgot to replace it after an oil change. So I at the time of my next oil change I mention it at check-in and the rep comes over after a time with the "multi-check report" and say everything is ok but I'm missing the shield, do I want to replace it, $xx? Anyway, yaday, yada, yada, they're replacing it free but they have to order it.

Another thing they do is only use some of the screws when replacing it. The shield started dragging one time & I had to crawl under the car to fix it. The techs hadn't replace the forward screws but rather just tucked the front of the shield over the lip of the edge where it would normally be screwed. Faster to remove, I guess. Problem is a little pressure from a snow drift or something will push it back enough to slip off the lip and start to drag.
In the photo provided by @howarejew, the front of the shroud is shown at the bottom of the photo, the rear of the shroud at the top. You can see the 3 screw holes on each side, and the 2 holes, at the back end, one on each side, for the plastic push-clips. At the front of the shroud you can see the lip. This is held up by the plastic shroud ahead of it.

Just placing the front lip of the engine shroud the piece of shrouding ahead of it, is the way the engine shroud is designed to attach at front. If the 3 screws on each side, and the 2 plastic push-clips, are all attached properly, and if the piece of shroud ahead of the engine shroud,is attached properly, the front lip of the engine shroud shroud stay in place; it won't move back and fall down.

Last edited by nomenclator; 07-26-2020 at 12:24 PM.