General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Link built in Aux to aftermarket deck Aux?...

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 01:55 PM
5 Year Member
Question Link built in Aux to aftermarket deck Aux?...

Hey guys, I just bought a pioneer deck, and was curious I know all places claim that an aftermarket deck will disable the built in aux, I was curious is there a way to either keep the original aux in the primary or can we somehow link the original aux to the aux in a deck?

Help!??

thanks in advance!

Old 03-21-2008, 04:02 PM
5 Year Member
Depends on wich type of aftermarked deck you have.

I have installed a Pioneer AVIC-HD3BT (AVIC-Z2 in the US), and it has a AUX input. I just messured the four leads from the AUX plug beside the sigarette lighter and to the plug that was in the orginal deck. I dont remember the colors now, but two of them was ground, and there was one for "left channel" and one "right channel" (tip and ring on the minijack plug). I just cut that orginal plug and made my own with two female RCA plug and conected it to the Pioneer AUX input. And it works like clockworks.

Old 03-21-2008, 06:27 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by F0NIX
Depends on wich type of aftermarked deck you have.

I have installed a Pioneer AVIC-HD3BT (AVIC-Z2 in the US), and it has a AUX input. I just messured the four leads from the AUX plug beside the sigarette lighter and to the plug that was in the orginal deck. I dont remember the colors now, but two of them was ground, and there was one for "left channel" and one "right channel" (tip and ring on the minijack plug). I just cut that orginal plug and made my own with two female RCA plug and conected it to the Pioneer AUX input. And it works like clockworks.
I bought the pioneer deh-p6000ub, do you think I would be able to do what you did?

Old 03-21-2008, 07:13 PM
5 Year Member
Is it this unit??
Pioneer USA - Pioneer

If so, it states in the spesifications for the DEH-P6000UB: "Built-in Auxiliary Input - Built-in (Rear)", without stating wich type of connection there is (RCA/minijack or other). But it looks like you could do it the same way I did.

From the picture of that unit it seems that it has RCA plugs in the rear. Then it should be easy to make a plug for this. I have not searched for pre-made harness for this as I made this easy myself.

Last edited by F0NIX; 03-21-2008 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Found the correct unit...