General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Honda Jazz Thailand

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 02:00 AM
Banned
Thumbs up Honda Jazz Thailand

Last edited by claymore; 08-21-2007 at 10:46 AM.
Old 08-17-2005, 08:59 PM
almost the same here in the Philippines bro..the 1.5 Jazz Vtec costs $12714...front/rear disc brakes..rear antenna..black seatfabric/sidings..spoon/oem bodykit included (has no rear wing)..and an mp3 stereo

Old 08-17-2005, 09:00 PM
post pics of yer ride soon ok? tnx bro!

Old 08-17-2005, 09:05 PM
Talking

Congratulations on your purchase claymore!

The manual tranny is so sweet!

Old 08-18-2005, 04:51 AM
Talking

...it comes in handy if and when you decide to force induce later in the near future.

The possibilities look brighter...

Let us know when you get it. I can share some secrets.

Old 08-18-2005, 06:28 AM
Originally Posted by claymore
Guys, just ordered my Vtec here in Thailand. Here is the site that has thailand specs. A Vtec comes with all the body options and rear wing spoiler is different so you can tell them from ISDI models. Mine with VTEC engine and 5 speed manual trans. was $15,300 USD. We don't have real Fits here but parts are available for conversions. The latest fad is "gulwing" door conversions. Lots of speed parts available here. Some shops for Jazz only. http://www.hondajazzlife.com/
Hi Bro,

Was wondering if the manual tranny is available in Thailand? I was thinking of converting my current 7 speed auto to a manual instead.

Would you be able to help in this department? I live in sunny Singapore.

Cheers.

Old 08-24-2005, 06:43 AM
Congrats man for your new jazz ! I just got the 7speed Vtec auto for my wife and kids here in Bangkok.

I myself prefer the stick shift, but believe me the CVT in manual mode is not bad et all ! I think the little 'hard' suspension is good for the bad 'soi's(lanes) out here. Got a bluetooth handsfree installed from honda. will admit it was a sad experience, cause of lack of knowledge on the honda sales people. another thing what i didnt like is, while selecting accessories at honda, the sales people show two different price lists for accessories , one is honda 'original' and the other one is 'non-original' ( fake!). i think if they care for their reputation, honda shouldnt be allowing this in their showrooms.

Sam

Last edited by jsampat; 08-24-2005 at 06:53 AM.
Old 08-29-2005, 07:11 AM
Originally Posted by jsampat
Congrats man for your new jazz ! I just got the 7speed Vtec auto for my wife and kids here in Bangkok.

I myself prefer the stick shift, but believe me the CVT in manual mode is not bad et all ! I think the little 'hard' suspension is good for the bad 'soi's(lanes) out here. Got a bluetooth handsfree installed from honda. will admit it was a sad experience, cause of lack of knowledge on the honda sales people. another thing what i didnt like is, while selecting accessories at honda, the sales people show two different price lists for accessories , one is honda 'original' and the other one is 'non-original' ( fake!). i think if they care for their reputation, honda shouldnt be allowing this in their showrooms.

Sam
Do you have a picture of the bluetooth? it's very interesting ... Thanks

Old 08-29-2005, 07:53 AM
Someone that Posts too much
Originally Posted by claymore
In my post I forgot to add that here in Thailand when you order the Vtec engine option REAR WHEEL DISC BRAKES come with the package. From looking at all the websites it seems that in some places even with the Vtec you have to put up with rear drum brakes.
The made in Japan Jazz sold in Australia only comes with the rear drums. I noticed a quality difference in materials (eg. seats looked the same but the material felt different) and build (panel gaps, stiching on seats) between the Cool they had on display at the Thai motor show earlier this year and the made in Japan product. Could of just been the show car but you would think they would put the best product on display.

There's no brake issue with the drums. In fact they evidently pull up alot better than the new made in China 4 wheel disc equiped Jazz.

The front pads on the Thai Jazz are different from those on the Japanese/Australian version. On such a light car the fronts do the bulk of the work.

Parts in Thailand are heaps cheaper than Japan. The Thai Honda web site has got the prices for the major parts for servicing. They are like less than a quarter of the cost.

I don't know why the Australian Jazz isn't sourced from Thailand with the free trade agreement and all. The big Accord and CRV are.

Old 08-29-2005, 08:07 AM
Originally Posted by jsampat

Sam
Thats just like everything else in Thailand. Those that can afford the original buy it. Those that have the original know its the original and thats all that matters.

Those that can afford a Mercedes in Thailand also just buy it.

Good luck buying an orginal Playstation2 game in Thailand. Not many Thais can afford the international set price. Should most Thais be prevented from being able to use their Playstation because they can't afford games?

I think its good that Honda dealers in Thailand are offering affordable alternatives to broaden the market. I bet the fake products are made in Thailand and are helping to create jobs. How many Thai jobs are created by made in Japan products? Too much exclusitivity can be a dead end street.

Last edited by vividjazz; 08-29-2005 at 08:10 AM.
Old 08-30-2005, 12:21 AM
Originally Posted by vividjazz
The made in Japan Jazz sold in Australia only comes with the rear drums. I noticed a quality difference in materials (eg. seats looked the same but the material felt different) and build (panel gaps, stiching on seats) between the Cool they had on display at the Thai motor show earlier this year and the made in Japan product. Could of just been the show car but you would think they would put the best product on display.

There's no brake issue with the drums. In fact they evidently pull up alot better than the new made in China 4 wheel disc equiped Jazz.

The front pads on the Thai Jazz are different from those on the Japanese/Australian version. On such a light car the fronts do the bulk of the work.

Parts in Thailand are heaps cheaper than Japan. The Thai Honda web site has got the prices for the major parts for servicing. They are like less than a quarter of the cost.

I don't know why the Australian Jazz isn't sourced from Thailand with the free trade agreement and all. The big Accord and CRV are.
Yupe, mine is Australian Jazz (people call it Fit, here in Indonesia), came in 2002 with L15A vtec and drum brake on the rear.

Here in Indonesia, we have four different Jazz/Fit. Indonesia & Thailand (both 1.5L dsi and vtec), Japan Fit (1.3L dsi and maybe vtec *not sure*), Australian Fit/Jazz (1.5L vtec)

Can you tell the difference between Thai's brake pads and Japan/Australian brake pads? do they share the same disc brakes?

Old 08-30-2005, 04:35 AM
I think the calapers and discs are the same just different pads standard. They sure feel different when you brake.

Old 08-30-2005, 05:49 AM
Originally Posted by DeJaVu
Do you have a picture of the bluetooth? it's very interesting ... Thanks
I will give you the details of the Taiwanese product Honda installed later.. but I found Sony's HCB-300 and other models much more superior. try this link for more info....

http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?...p4_1&pid=10141

-Sam