General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Posted on WV Streets forum

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 08:34 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Posted on WV Streets forum

Went to see what was going on at our local car forum and found this posted:

2008 Honda Fit
2008 Honda Fit
I took two potential Fit buyers for a ride in this car last night so they could see how roomy it actually is inside. There is more than enough room in the back seat and the cargo area behind the seat is fantastic. The tall roof gives SUV-like headroom, but the 1.6-liter inline-four allows for a combined 31 mpg with a five-speed manual transmission. I just heard the Fit currently has a five day supply, it seems the public has figured out small cars aren't a bad idea.
After checking out the innovative packaging, features, and basic looks of the car, everyone wanted to know how safe such a small car could be. My friend drives a Ford F-150 now, so he was concerned about being flattened by a semi in something so small. I've never worried about my safety in any B-segment car. With five-star ratings for driver and passenger in both front- and side-impact collisions and a three star rating for the back seat passengers in a side-impact crash, I wouldn't worry about my safety in a crash. I would be a little concerned if I had children in the back seat, but I don't have any children to worry about. If the Fit offered stability control, I would be even less concerned about collision performance, because you would stand a much better chance of avoiding a collision in the first place.
I know the new Fit will be hitting the road very soon, so I look forward to spending some time behind the wheel to see what Honda decided to change. I can't really think of I'd like to see besides better iPod integration as an option.
Phil Floraday, Senior Online Editor
I agree with Phil on almost everything he says. It is interesting that people who drive big trucks feel that small cars are unsafe. I would take technology over mass any day when it comes to safety. Sure, weight helps with safety but modern small cars perform well in crashes.
I like the Fit. It drives well and has a nice interior. I love that it is old-school simple Honda inside compared to the Accord and Acura TSX. Sure, the carpet looks cheap but this is a cheap car. The interior packaging is fantastic. I think it is one of if not the best $15K cars on the road.
I wish stability control was available (ideally, standard) plus a less frumpy exterior design would be nice. From what I've seen, the forthcoming new Fit fixes my styling issues and I hope stability control will be added as well.
Marc Noordeloos, Road Test Editor

Photo Gallery: 2008 Honda Fit - Latest News, Features, and Reviews - Automobile Magazine

Read More | Digg It | Add to del.icio.us

Really nice to see that they posted this because most of the guys on this forum are into stangs and not too many import owners.

Cat

Old 07-08-2008, 08:38 PM
5 Year Member
musta been because they saw my beautiful fit drivin around in west virginia 4th of july weekend!

Old 07-08-2008, 08:49 PM
Cat
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kancerr
musta been because they saw my beautiful fit drivin around in west virginia 4th of july weekend!

Hey that was it! Just glad that our local car club is giving the Fit a little love and attention.

Cat

Old 07-08-2008, 09:38 PM
5 Year Member
yeah it is pretty neat. know some people from wv, friends family and most of the ones i know are all into muscle cars too ;p

Old 07-08-2008, 09:51 PM
who has a 1.6 inline? i got a 1.5...

Old 07-08-2008, 10:24 PM
Originally Posted by Cat
I wish stability control was available (ideally, standard) plus a less frumpy exterior design would be nice.

Who says frumpy...

Old 07-09-2008, 01:25 PM
Cat
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by chinaman727
Who says frumpy...

I don't know where exactly they got this from but they are always posting any items related to cars. LOL frumpy sounds a little dated. I checked the thread today and only 6 people looked at it and mine was the only comment. Yup! Most people around here are definitely into American muscle cars and slapping turbo's and NOS on them too!

Cat

Old 07-09-2008, 06:16 PM
Wellllll Gawl-lee! I shur did-nuff figgur that thur FIT would like sum NOS. But seriously folks. We have got to have a membership drive here in the mountain state, particularly in the panhandle area, I keep seeing Fits being driven around here but no one is on FF. BTW I put my A-Spec intake on today (15 minutes Woot!) So I can now proselytize about them....

Old 07-09-2008, 09:44 PM
Cat
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by grtpumpkin
Wellllll Gawl-lee! I shur did-nuff figgur that thur FIT would like sum NOS. But seriously folks. We have got to have a membership drive here in the mountain state, particularly in the panhandle area, I keep seeing Fits being driven around here but no one is on FF. BTW I put my A-Spec intake on today (15 minutes Woot!) So I can now proselytize about them....
I agree! Surely there are enough of us in WV to get some interest generated in having a meet.

Cat

Old 07-09-2008, 09:49 PM
5 Year Member
i'd be down for a wv meet. got family up there. mostly in martinsburg, but i was in the bridgeport/morgantown area for the 4th.

Old 07-11-2008, 05:37 PM
A meet would be cool, I could try to rope the panhandle people into going. Might be cool to have everybody meet at Summit Point for a track day! Picture the Jefferson Loop crammed with Fits in every color!

Old 07-11-2008, 08:15 PM
Originally Posted by zRollerskate
who has a 1.6 inline? i got a 1.5...
good catch...lol