General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

your forum (from a yaris owner)

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 12:02 PM
I swing between Toyota and Honda ever since I owned a car. If the Fit is made by Toyota I would still buy it. I prefer Toyota's cushioned ride and quietness, but Honda's handling is top notch. Either way I am happy w/ their cars. I will buy the best value out there, and right now the Fit is my baby.

Old 02-03-2009, 02:07 PM
5 Year Member
anyone happen to run higher hp w/ an n/a setup? i havent checked the site, thought someone might know...

Old 02-04-2009, 01:11 AM
FitFreak GE8 DIY Guy
5 Year Member
Thanks for coming on and complimenting.
I myself have a yaris and a fit in the drive
way. They are both great cars.

Old 02-04-2009, 09:01 AM
5 Year Member
very nice, id like one of each too!

ive been rocking our aveo sedan for the last 2 months while my wife moved to kitchener ontario....ill be moving in a couple weeks since our house is sold, but man am i ever looking forward to drive a stick again!

looks too like i MAY be commuting to toronto for work....lucky for me the yaris is more economical! will likely be driving IT! w00t

Old 02-04-2009, 10:27 AM
Yaris to Fit

Hey, I just sold my '08 Yaris 3-door M/T and bought a '09 Fit Sport M/T. I was planning on getting the 4-door hatch Yaris (just now being sold in US) but stopped by the Honda dealer on the way, test drove the '09 Fit and my wife and I were instantly sold. I appreciate both the Yaris and Fit, but have to say that I do find the Fit a bit more comfortable...but then again it cost over 3 grand more so it should be. Anyways, they are both good cars and I like my Fit more every day.

Old 02-04-2009, 11:19 AM
5 Year Member
ya, those new fits are pretty awesome. my wife doesnt like the first gens, but loves the second gens....go fig

Old 02-04-2009, 11:30 AM
Avid FitFreak Poster
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by thebarber
anyone happen to run higher hp w/ an n/a setup? i havent checked the site, thought someone might know...

The 2nd Gen, I know of some big gains, but I dont think im allowed to say yet . I know you're looking to buy one soon, so I'm guessing its a 2nd gen.

With the first gen. with an intake and a full exhaust set up, your probably looking at 15-20 max. [if you still consider an intake powered engine an n/a]

I think 15-20 is still pushing in, though

Old 02-04-2009, 11:41 AM
5 Year Member
actually ya, would likely look at the 2nd gen

but if im going to be a stay-at-home dad for a bit i may push for a 1st gen since i like them a bit better....

but i mean, it looks like similar enough gains w/ bolt-ons the the yaris....but just curious if anyone had run higher comp pistons or something kinda crazy like that....?

i know that an intake manifold is sorta in the works, and with cai, throttle body, intake manifold, exhaust header, custom header-back, and an nst underdrive pulley the yaris put down 123whp....not bad considering about 90-92whp stock

Old 02-04-2009, 12:28 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by thebarber
many canadians on the forum? (i just havent checked as of 930AST, lol)

also its amazing how many sports there are in the US...its because it was just a tiny be more for them over the base, correct? i love the sports a lot, but would be more inclined to get a medium range gen1 due to pricing and options (fairly large premium for the sport in canada - - but i have the same complain w/ the base and RS version of the yaris....like 4000 more for cosmetic stuff - - which is why i own an almost-base yaris (only got the B pacakge in 07 which is rear mudflaps, 4 speaker stereo, rear wiper and power mirrors (as my wife is about 7" shorter than i am)))

drove a base fit in 07 when we were looking....2 speaker stereo FTL, lol....and mirrors you have to move by pushing on them....
Canadian, checking in!

Welcome over to the FF forums!

Old 02-04-2009, 04:57 PM
5 Year Member
Fellow lover of Japanese machinery checking in. Welcome, Barber! We need guys like you.

Old 08-04-2009, 11:10 PM
Hey guys,

I'm a moderator over at the Yaris board; I'm also one of those over 30 oldies that own a Toyota...Just a quote I posted over at our forum in regards to some of the animosty that can breed among forum members...

Moderation plays a part, and generally I think as a forum we lean towards acceptance of the virtues of all subcompacts, acknowledging that we chose the Yaris for certain reasons, but respect others' choices...

I don't pay attention to other forums' opinions about the Yaris, or other drivers whom will give a smirk at the sight of my modded Yaris; I can't blame them for it, and I bet if we had a conversation about it they might become enlightened...

If I could, I'd have a subcompact garage, with a Yaris, a Fit, a 1st Gen xB, a Cube, and maybe even a Fiesta...
Not to hijack THE BARBER's thread (Hi, er sorry, ) but here's my Yaris...Hope it can cruise alongside some of your Canadian Fits with respect one of these days...

Exterior Modifications & Performance/Handling Modifications

Blitz Compressor (Supercharger) : Blitz Throttle Controller : JDM Vitz RS Front & Rear Bumper Conversion : JDM Vitz RS LED Tail Lamp Conversion : JDM TRD High Response Muffler Ver. S : JDM Vitz Netz Front Emblem Rebadge : JDM Vitz Rear Emblem Rebadge : Hand-Built Projector Headlamp Retrofit : Kaminari Reverse Cowl Lightweight Carbon Fibre Hood Custom Paint Colour Matched : Front Door Handle Keyhole Delete : Tokico HTS (D-Spec) Adjustable Shocks : Celica 1ZZ 1.8L Throttle Body & Injectors : TRD (Eibach Pro-Kit) Lowering Springs : TRD Rear Anti-Sway Bar : TRD Cold Air Intake : TRD Quick Shifter : TWM Performance Aluminum Shifter Bushings : NST Short Shifter Extender : NST Shifter Cable Bushings : NST Lite Crank, Alternator & Water Pump Pulleys : Satin Black Anodized Custom Engine/Valve Cover : Nitto Front Strut Tower Brace : 17" Race Silver Konig Featherlights : Falken Ziex 512 205/40/17...

Interior Modifications

Autometer Boost, Oil Pressure and A/F Ratio Gauges : Soundstream Piano Black Head Unit : Clarion 6.5 Components and Tweeter Pods : Rockford Fosgate 5.25 Rear 3 way Speakers : Rockford Fosgate Punch Amp : Rockford Fosgate 10" Punch Subwoofer : Custom Stealth Amp Rack : Custom iPod Dock & AUX Input : Custom Scangauge II 1/2 Din Under Stereo w/Amber Illumination : Aluminum Sport Pedals : Custom Driver's Footrest : Redline Black Leather Shift Boot and E-Brake Boot with Amber Stitching : Momo Race Airleather Shift Knob from a MG Rover MGF sports car in the U.K. : Momo Shift Boot Finsher : Custom Re-Skinned Leather Armrests : JDM Centre Armrest/Storage Console : Custom TRD Embroidered Mats...

Items I have currently in my garage or on order to be installed: AEM Methanol Injection Kit, Deka 11.35 lb Battery, DC Sports 4-1 Ceramic Header, so at least we've got a few options ...

I hope our subcompact culture can evolve to trump brand loyalty with owners and lead to a new (for some of us) inclusive culture...

Cheers

Old 08-04-2009, 11:16 PM
5 Year Member
I like your Yaris, it's tastefully done. Is it called the Vitz in Canada or did you rebadge?

edit: nvm, just saw JDM Vitz conversion.

Old 08-04-2009, 11:17 PM
Touched by his noodly appendage
Wow thats nice.

Old 08-04-2009, 11:21 PM
Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
Canadian, checking in!

Welcome over to the FF forums!
Us Canucks sure love our subcompacts...

Cheers

Old 08-04-2009, 11:57 PM
Booooo, Yaris suck! GTFO of here. ROFL. Just kidding. Nice seeing other Yaris owners here too, Barber and Echo. I was getting lonely here

Anyway, what I said in the same thread that Echo mentioned

Me, I'd take, in no particular order, Yaris, GD3 Fit, Swift, Colt, Cappuccino (haha, Kai cars), among others.

Old 08-04-2009, 11:57 PM
Everyone's probably seen my Yaris, so I'm not even going to bother posting pics. LOL.

Old 08-05-2009, 12:06 AM
had an EG...would not mind owning a freak...i mean fit...

Name:  CIMG1308.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  82.0 KB

Name:  CIMG1309.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  118.7 KB

Name:  CIMG1311.jpg
Views: 338
Size:  109.4 KB

Old 08-05-2009, 12:07 AM
Malaya, here too? LOL. Nice.

Old 08-05-2009, 12:12 AM
@kaotic: gotta show some love! am sad that my rep power is 0! :sad:

Old 08-05-2009, 12:22 AM
Originally Posted by Malaya1221
@kaotic: gotta show some love! am sad that my rep power is 0! :sad:
hahahaha. Don't even ask me how I got my rep power. hahahaha.

Quick Reply: your forum (from a yaris owner)