General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

your forum (from a yaris owner)

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 08:54 AM
5 Year Member
lol, wtf is w/ the toyota ppl on a honda board?

btw echo, im lovin the jdm f/r bumpers...

and here's some recent pics of my yaris...

Name:  goldrims006.jpg
Views: 550
Size:  114.9 KB

Name:  goldrims002.jpg
Views: 871
Size:  65.1 KB

Name:  PITLauto-x05.jpg
Views: 392
Size:  135.0 KB

Name:  PITLauto-x08.jpg
Views: 558
Size:  78.6 KB

Name:  PITLauto-x09.jpg
Views: 304
Size:  66.9 KB

Old 08-05-2009, 09:41 AM
Originally Posted by thebarber
lol, wtf is w/ the toyota ppl on a honda board
Hello pot, I'm kettle...lol...One day I need to get some nice autocross pics; envy...

Cheers

Old 08-05-2009, 10:12 AM
Someone that spends her life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
lol, wtf is w/ the toyota ppl on a honda board?

btw echo, im lovin the jdm f/r bumpers...

and here's some recent pics of my yaris...

What's the story with the beverage cup under the exhaust? Is that some sort of Canadian thing to keep coffee warm?

Old 08-05-2009, 10:15 AM
ya, i should have bought a 5dr yaris, lol. wife liked the look of the 3 door better, so we got that. but now we have a kid on the way and the extra 500 it would have been for the same features AND power locks and 2 extra doors seems like so little now!

pretty happy w/ our yaris....get 36mpg city with an intake (35mpg stock) and i drive medium agressive....and the friggin daily hill climb 'uptown' here in fredericton....250' elevation change from downtown to uptown....

ive got a few mods waiting for spring too...gotta put my intake back on....also picked up some megan coilovers and a megan exhaust as well as an NST 10% underdrive crank pulley...i love having a 2300lb car! but its that idea that makes me yurn for the sweet lightness of an echo hatchback (2100lbs)
This is the reason I traded in my yaris hatch for the fit. The yaris was EXTREMELY fun to drive (much more peppy than my fit, but with less horsepower) but not very family oriented or baby oriented I should say. If you trade your yaris in for a fit, you'll never look back. The build quality blows the yaris out of the water and as you said earlier the abundance of a/m parts for the fits is phenominal.

Old 08-05-2009, 10:30 AM
Super Moderator
The Yaris is definitely not my first choice for a car but I can respect the owner and appreciate a well modded one. After all use small car owners (I think it referred to as B-spec cars) have to stick together. We all get enough hate form every one else for modding the cars we do.

Old 08-05-2009, 10:56 AM
Originally Posted by MNfit
The Yaris is definitely not my first choice for a car but I can respect the owner and appreciate a well modded one. After all use small car owners (I think it referred to as B-spec cars) have to stick together. We all get enough hate form every one else for modding the cars we do.
I couldn't agree more!!

Old 08-05-2009, 11:16 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MNfit
agreed....my first choice was a gen1 fit, lol

but ya, us B-spec guys get a lot of hate from the rest of the modding community too (though i posted new pics the media section on FF today and am getting dumped on, lol)

looking for a larger car now to replace our aveo since the new baby seat we have kills the front passenger seat space-wise....how are the fits for that? anyone know? i need about 30" from the base of the back seat to a line drawn parallel to the ground from the back of the front seat (if that all make sense - - the baby seat sits on a 45 degree angle)

Old 08-05-2009, 11:39 AM
5 Year Member
agreed....my first choice was a gen1 fit, lol

but ya, us B-spec guys get a lot of hate from the rest of the modding community too (though i posted new pics the media section on FF today and am getting dumped on, lol)

looking for a larger car now to replace our aveo since the new baby seat we have kills the front passenger seat space-wise....how are the fits for that? anyone know? i need about 30" from the base of the back seat to a line drawn parallel to the ground from the back of the front seat (if that all make sense - - the baby seat sits on a 45 degree angle)
This might help, there are some images and you could ask that member about the seat space and install:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...baby-seat.html

Old 08-05-2009, 11:39 AM
5 Year Member
Love the pics! Nice to see what a few tasteful mods can do! Modding a small car is in some ways more rewarding than modding a large car since there's often more noticeable improvement. Like strapping on a blower and jumping from 109 hp to 145 hp. You're going to feel that a lot more than an additional 20 hp on a 200 hp engine.

Don't worry, I have a Buick and my fiancee has the Fit. We like both cars just fine.

Old 08-05-2009, 11:48 AM
5 Year Member
Nice yaris'!. I still prefer the JDM vitz 5-door. Didn't they bring that to the US?

Old 08-05-2009, 02:43 PM
5 Year Member
i gotta be honest, that recaro seat looks like its installed improperly....like theyve just let it lie on top of the front seat....the one we bought has to sit at 45 degrees....that recaro looks too upright...

Old 08-05-2009, 03:27 PM
5 Year Member
i gotta be honest, that recaro seat looks like its installed improperly....like theyve just let it lie on top of the front seat....the one we bought has to sit at 45 degrees....that recaro looks too upright...
There was something in that thread about it being a toddler seat, not a baby seat.

Do you already have the baby seat? Take it to the dealer, just the seat, and see how it fits.

Hey, lookie here, a dad reviews cars and how they handle the baby seat! Shows some pictures too:

"The Honda Fit's rear headroom is fantastic. It remains one of the easiest cars I've yet tested in terms of getting in and out without bonking my — or Carter's — head."

Happy Father's Day: The Best Cars This Dad Has Driven - KickingTires
---------

More news:

Besides new side crash tests, NHTSA will also require manufacturers to provide recommendations for which child-safety seats work best in their cars. Beginning with the 2011 model year, automakers will list a range of seats by affordability. A few automakers, including Nissan, already do this voluntarily.

Government Says Side-Impact Child-Safety Seat Tests Coming - KickingTires

-------

Do you have the kind that shows up here as "infant only car safety seat"?
AAP - Car Safety Seats: A Guide for Families - 2009

Old 08-05-2009, 03:28 PM
The fit is great for infants. Like i stated above i moved from an 07 yaris hatch to a 2009 GE8 fit about a month before my wife and I had our baby. I love the car. I installed the car seat base in the center, which allows both front passengers to sit comfortably. And yes I do agree that Recaro baby seat is installed incorrectly. Well, maybe not incorrectly but they definitely have the passenger seat pushed back too far, which is pushing up on the Recaro seat and making it sit more up right, which jepordizes the safety of the infant.

You can install the car seat on either side but you do have to pull the seats up a little in order for the car seat to have a sufficient amount of room to sit at the specified 45 degrees.

Also, I see on here that you're considering the 1st gen. If you're looking at a fit for the child, mileage, comfortability, etc. listen to you wife and get the 09 GE8. I test drove both at the dealership because I was considering used over new. The GE8 has some nice features that the GD doesn't have. It's roomier on the interior, the headrests on the back seat fold completely flat into the seat for visibility, the rear seats actually fold down flat or they fold up flat (like the rear seat in the ridgeline, i've posted a picture for reference), which is a feature I use all the time. I would recommend driving both and just seeing which one you like though.

Old 08-05-2009, 03:39 PM
Super Moderator
^^The GD seats can do that too

Old 08-05-2009, 03:53 PM
Kids and Yaris

Just put your kids on the trailer.

Old 08-05-2009, 04:14 PM
5 Year Member
^^ LOL!

Welcome to the Forums
(Although you joined a while ago, I just saw this thread )

Old 08-05-2009, 04:20 PM
5 Year Member
lol @ the yaris trailer...looks about right!

ill have to check out the new fit at the dealer w/ our seat

our seat is like the recaro where its good for infants and toddlers....ours is up to 35lb rear facing and 80 forward facing....i forget the brand right now and my wife is napping, lol. but we have different seat laws in canada vs the US....so im not sure how that would differ

thanks for the links though, ill check it out

thanks again for the nice comments on my yaris...i appreciate seeing some auto enthusiasts on other forums!

Old 08-05-2009, 04:25 PM
My sister has a Yaris. She got it a couple months before I got my Fit, so I drove it a lot while my insurance was figuring out what to do with my totalled 98 Civic (RIP ). The Yaris is a great car, even base. And I did consider getting one, but Honda has always been my car. Also, the base Fit came with more things that were important to me (power windows/locks, 5 star airbags) but it DIDN'T come with an aux input.

And now my mom is getting a Yaris this week, so at my house will be a blue Fit, a red Element and a white Yaris and a red Yaris.

Old 08-05-2009, 07:28 PM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by poorsha
Just put your kids on the trailer.
Good comment! Wait until they are teenagers, you WILL consider this seriously. And probably someone will talk you out of it. Probably. Maybe not the wife.

Old 08-05-2009, 10:31 PM
5 Year Member
well, i had a bit of a run-in w/ a metal lid on the higway last month and suffered in a yaris sedan w/ blautomatic for 2 weeks while i got a new front end on my hatch.....4dr sedan w/o power locks sucked worse than our aveo w/o power anything.

me, i dont mind manual everything its less that will break later, imo (neither of our cars have a/c, pw, pl but until 6 months ago we lived in new brunswick (canada) where it doesnt get humid in the summmer....but both have block heaters (-37C last winter makes oil into molasses!))

Quick Reply: your forum (from a yaris owner)