General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Cash for Clunkers means Possible New Fit Owner?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 10:22 PM
Originally Posted by Krizz
My girlfriend really LIKED the orange, but I'd liked the SSM all along, and the loan's in my name, sooooo, .

The orange looks better out in the sun, I'll dfinitely give it that, it looked almost brown under the indoor lighting in the dealership. Not the color I'd have picked for the indoor showroom model.

Let my girlfriend drive it today so she could start to get a feel for it. I tried to tell her the steering was twitchey, sheesh, she was jerking it all over for the first 15 minutes, and she drives a '90 DX. I just hung on to the chicken bar .

I am definitely LOVIN my Fit, really reminiscent of my old '85 GTI I had for 10 years.

Really fun ride, the Fit is.

Hehehe...the quick steering was the FIRST thing I noticed on my drive home! These cars DO steer quickly...and NO slop in the steering. A LOT different that driving my '68 VW beetle (oh, and the beetle weighing 1600 pounds and having 204 HP make it a little different drive, too! HA!)

Warner

Old 08-02-2009, 10:34 PM
Someone that spends her life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gs3boynyc
I didn't lose the map lights or the center light. The moonroof opens into the roof or vents up.
here are the interior shots:
It appears there is also the sliding cover to completely close off the light coming in, is that correct?

I had a loaner car, some kind of VW, many years back, and while the light coming in was great, for part of the time, the sun was JUST TOO HOT. It happened to be angled so the sun was right on me.

Most of the time we don't have a lot of sun. So the extra light coming in would be very nice. And it's neat to see the rain on a glass roof.

Does the moon roof you have, have a brand name?

Old 08-02-2009, 10:43 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by warner
Hehehe...the quick steering was the FIRST thing I noticed on my drive home! These cars DO steer quickly...and NO slop in the steering. A LOT different that driving my '68 VW beetle (oh, and the beetle weighing 1600 pounds and having 204 HP make it a little different drive, too! HA!)

Warner
Ha! Me too! I wondered if the people behind me thought I was under the influence of something. In my former car, this is the action required to keep the car running straight:

Doing that in the Fit would have me taking up many lanes.

The orange looks great, Warner!

Old 08-03-2009, 09:57 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TaffetaWhite
It appears there is also the sliding cover to completely close off the light coming in, is that correct?

I had a loaner car, some kind of VW, many years back, and while the light coming in was great, for part of the time, the sun was JUST TOO HOT. It happened to be angled so the sun was right on me.

Most of the time we don't have a lot of sun. So the extra light coming in would be very nice. And it's neat to see the rain on a glass roof.

Does the moon roof you have, have a brand name?
Its an Inalfa brand sunroof. Prior to having the dealer install I was researching Webasto brand and webasto installers. The dealer did it for $1000 and the price quote i was getting on my own from various installers ran from $1000-1200 ( and 1-2 day install times). It does have a sliding cover sunshade that matches the headliner.

Old 08-03-2009, 09:59 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by warner
Thanks...I like it. I realize it's a little polarizing...people either seem to love it or hate it. I just wanted something different and when I saw them all lined up (in all the available colors), I found that I liked the Orange, the Tidewater Blue, and the purple (forgot the Honda name for it). I decided on the Orange one and I'm happy with it. I really like the car! I just filled up on the second tank (first one that I've filled and know how full it was). I was really trying to get good mileage (and it was driving me crazy as that's not really my driving style...Hehehe...) and the mileage on the meter read 40.7 mpg average, but actual mileage was 37mpg. I'll be happy with anything over 30 on average, so I should be fine with the Fit's mileage. It's a great, and really versatile car. Each time we go to the store for groceries, I appreciate having the hatchback again! (my last hatch was a 2000 Hyundai Elantra wagon, which was a decent car, but to me it was a step below the Hondas I've had....but that was 10 years ago, too).

Warner
I haven't seen all the colors yet, the 3 dealers i've been to, either had the white or storm silver out on the lot. The tidewater I saw at my first dealership experience in Florida on vacation and it stuck.

Old 08-03-2009, 10:41 AM
5 Year Member
I haven't seen all the colors yet, the 3 dealers i've been to, either had the white or storm silver out on the lot. The tidewater I saw at my first dealership experience in Florida on vacation and it stuck.
There's a bit of talking about colors over here:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...nt-colors.html

Including Orange Revolution and Tidewater Blue Metallic.

Old 08-03-2009, 10:48 AM
5 Year Member
Its an Inalfa brand sunroof. Prior to having the dealer install I was researching Webasto brand and webasto installers. The dealer did it for $1000 and the price quote i was getting on my own from various installers ran from $1000-1200 ( and 1-2 day install times). It does have a sliding cover sunshade that matches the headliner.
Excellent! Thanks very much.

I've had two convertibles and two T-tops in my life. Both of which would be just too much of a pain in rear for me now. I'm really liking what you have there.

Old 08-03-2009, 12:52 PM
Ha! Me too! I wondered if the people behind me thought I was under the influence of something. In my former car, this is the action required to keep the car running straight:

Doing that in the Fit would have me taking up many lanes.

The orange looks great, Warner!

Thanks! I LOVE the car! It's really perfect for my family.

Warner

Old 08-03-2009, 12:58 PM
There's a bit of talking about colors over here:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...nt-colors.html

Including Orange Revolution and Tidewater Blue Metallic.

Thanks TW....you're really on top of the action here! Hahaha...

Warner

Old 08-04-2009, 06:24 PM
5 Year Member
Here's a list of the top ten cars that have been traded in:

1. 1998 Ford Explorer

2. 1997 Ford Explorer

3. 1996 Ford Explorer

4. 1999 Ford Explorer

5. Jeep Grand Cherokee

6. Jeep Cherokee

7. 1995 Ford Explorer

8. 1994 Ford Explorer

9. 1997 Ford Windstar

10. 1999 Dodge Caravan

And here is a list of the top ten cars bought under cash for clunkers:

1. Ford Focus

2. Honda Civic

3. Toyota Corolla

4. Toyota Prius

5. Ford Escape

6. Toyota Camry

7. Dodge Caliber

8. Hyundai Elantra

9. Honda Fit

10. Chevy Cobalt

My clunker was the #3 highest trade in (looks like a lot of Explorers are now off the road lol) while the Fit came in at #9 most bought car under the program.

Top Cash for Clunkers Trade-Ins and New Cars- Yahoo! Autos Article Page

Old 08-04-2009, 10:14 PM
5 Year Member
Good job with the article! Thank you Ain'tNoStoppinMeNow. I did not know what was selling, other than the Ford Focus. It's good to see Ford doing well. And I think we might be able to see that this is the beginning of the end of the SUV trend.

People who have been holding off on small cars, due to worries of crashing with large cars, can start removing that from the equation. There will be less larger vehicles on the road.

Old 08-07-2009, 05:54 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah I hope so too, I cant believe I drove one for so long. One of the main reasons I love the Fit so much is because it's basically a mini-SUV!