General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

When a leasing agency says "we got one on hold."

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 05:22 PM
5 Year Member
When a leasing agency says "we got one on hold."

I've been going through a few dealers in search of a M/T Sterling Silver Fit Sport for the last month. Two weeks ago I had a local leasing agency in the DFW area return my call and tell me "we found one for you." So I call them back, they say there is one on the way from Japan, the leasing agent put his name on it and said it will be here between July 7-11, and he needs my credit card # for a $500.00 security deposit. No problem, I give him the credit card info, and he says he will follow up in a few days to do rest of the paper work. So a week goes by and he never calls me, never charges the $500.00 security deposit. So on Friday the 7th I call him, and he tells me that it's not here yet, it will be another week, but "if it doesn't come in we can dealer trade from somewhere else." What??? So when I ask him what does he mean if it doesn't come in, you said you found one and had your name on it, he tells me everything is fine. It's just that when they leave the port in Japan, no one knows where the cars are until they show up on the dealer lots...

So... I'm kind of getting mixed signals here and don't want to assume that the car is coming and I have nothing to worry about nor do I want to assume that he's just trying to take me off the market before someone else takes my business... It's been 10 days and I still have not been charged a security deposit, which seems kind of odd if he really has my car...

Anyone have any feedback on the best way to determine that the car has been assigned to him, does exsist and is on its way? I don't know if it will help, but assuming it's already been built, should he be able to supply me with a vin #?

Any feedback greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Brian