General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

WeatherTech deep mats good (pix)

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 05:54 PM
5 Year Member
WeatherTech deep mats good (pix)

I recently bought a 2013 Fit 5m and got the deep Weathertech mats. I've seen some people saying the WT mats aren't good, but these deep ones fit perfectly. The "flat" ones that my wife has in her Fit are decent too, but these are really good for the slushiest of snow and muck. I recommend them.

Chris

Old 02-21-2013, 06:43 PM
I bought a set of these off a member on here a couple of weeks ago and have them in one Fit so far.

I like them overall. As you mentioned the fitment is very good. I have one issue with my foot getting stuck when going for the clutch once in a while however - didn't have the issue with my old mats, apparently the Weathertechs just don't like bulky size 13 work boots. It hasn't been a huge issue but still an annoyance.

Still need to get a set for the other Fit now - not sure if I want to grab another set of these or try some of the other ones (Husky, Aries, ?).

Old 02-22-2013, 05:11 AM
5 Year Member
I put mine in recently. Nice. With all the recent snow it looks like a small swimming pool on the drivers side . Well worth it. I put them in my Caravan as well.

Only thing I may do is replace the WeatherTech badge with a Honda one like someone on here did. I find the the WT one almost looks lit up when I open my doors at night and my blue lights shine on them.

Old 02-22-2013, 08:31 AM
I have to say that I am very disapointed with my WT mats. The ones pictured above have a whole for the tie down clips. Mine do not have this on the drivers side and the mat is very loose and slides all over the place. I`ve only had partial success using velcro strip to keep it in place.

The ones pictured above....is there a big lip on the back and left side of the drivers side mat to catch the water and snow and muck?

Anyway next year I will be looking for a different kind of mat. I just dont like the plastic feel of them under foot. It should feel more like rubber.

Old 02-22-2013, 10:51 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Dwalbert320
I have to say that I am very disapointed with my WT mats. The ones pictured above have a whole for the tie down clips. Mine do not have this on the drivers side and the mat is very loose and slides all over the place. I`ve only had partial success using velcro strip to keep it in place.

The ones pictured above....is there a big lip on the back and left side of the drivers side mat to catch the water and snow and muck?

Anyway next year I will be looking for a different kind of mat. I just dont like the plastic feel of them under foot. It should feel more like rubber.
They must have improved them. There is a big lip on the left and a nice molded hole like on the Honda mats. It would hold a gallon of water at least.

My original Honda mats can be bought if you are interested. They have a hole

Old 02-24-2013, 06:13 PM
5 Year Member
Yes I measured mine too and the rear lip is about 7/8 inch deep or so. So maybe it won't hold a gallon, but enough IMO.