General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Dash cams

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2014, 07:57 PM
5 Year Member
Dash cams

I don't know why but I've been thinking about getting a dash cam and probably for no other reason than I like gadgets and I'll be able to share my incredible driving skills on the interwebz!

Who else runs one? Pros? Cons? What brand/model did you do with?

Old 12-15-2014, 08:21 PM
5 Year Member
I've been running one for about a year. I got it because a tanker truck backed into me at a traffic light and took off. He did not even know he hit me. I chased him down and we did all the police, insurance bit. The next week I call his insurance and he had not even reported it. I had all the paper work and photos of the area where the accident happened and sent it all in to his insurance. I wish I had the cam at that time. With all the bad drivers out there, we need all the help we can get.

Also got a great video of a police chase that passed me with 18 police cars after 1 Dodge Charger.

I got a G1W cam off of ebay. There is a forum for dash cams called dash cam talk. That is a great place for research. I recommend them.

Old 12-15-2014, 08:39 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike92615
I've been running one for about a year. I got it because a tanker truck backed into me at a traffic light and took off. He did not even know he hit me. I chased him down and we did all the police, insurance bit. The next week I call his insurance and he had not even reported it. I had all the paper work and photos of the area where the accident happened and sent it all in to his insurance. I wish I had the cam at that time. With all the bad drivers out there, we need all the help we can get.

Also got a great video of a police chase that passed me with 18 police cars after 1 Dodge Charger.

I got a G1W cam off of ebay. There is a forum for dash cams called dash cam talk. That is a great place for research. I recommend them.
Thank you for your quick reply. THIS is the kind of reply I am looking for.

Do you know anything about the Garmin Dash Cam 20? That's the one I am considering and seems to have good reviews.

(Off to dashcam talk to further research)

Old 12-16-2014, 07:04 AM
5 Year Member
Sorry but I know nothing about the Garmin. I as long as you do your research and find one with everything you want, you will be happy. I spent aroung $55 on mine and habe been happy. There are some with more bells and whistles but I like to keep it simple. Good luck in your search for the right one for you.