General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

car does not start and computer scanner does not read ecu

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2018, 07:10 AM
car does not start and computer scanner does not read ecu

good day guys i my honda fit cranks but dies not start. we have check the furl pump replaced it same thing. the relays checked, fuses checked same thing. it was then said that it was the ecu thats the problem becuz it was hot. i got a mechanic to use a scan tool to check the problem the scanner cud not connect with the ecu. tried another ecu same result gets heated and does not connect so we cannot get an idea of the problem. what do u advise that we do next

Old 04-15-2018, 12:24 AM
i have the same problem

i have the very same issue so i am.awaiting on what should my next move be

Old 04-15-2018, 09:03 AM
One post on this same subject is enough my friend.

Old 04-15-2018, 10:00 AM
Originally Posted by SR14626
do you have any possible insight on the matter

Old 04-15-2018, 03:43 PM
Originally Posted by SR14626
Originally Posted by Tawo
good day guys i my honda fit cranks but dies not start. we have check the furl pump replaced it same thing. the relays checked, fuses checked same thing. it was then said that it was the ecu thats the problem becuz it was hot. i got a mechanic to use a scan tool to check the problem the scanner cud not connect with the ecu. tried another ecu same result gets heated and does not connect so we cannot get an idea of the problem. what do u advise that we do next
update: tried a scan tool again could not connect but the mechanic says there is no check engine light. what could cause this?

Old 04-19-2018, 04:19 PM
5 Year Member
I'm not sure, but I suspect a disconnected wire somewhere. Check for rodent damage maybe? I'm told mice find the insulation Honda uses on their wiring to be very tasty.

Old 04-19-2018, 06:48 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Uncle Gary
I'm not sure, but I suspect a disconnected wire somewhere. Check for rodent damage maybe? I'm told mice find the insulation Honda uses on their wiring to be very tasty.
Rodent damage not outside of the realm of possibility .....I had a '93 Celica burn it's electrical system up due to what was said to be chewed wiring. Of course, this happened AFTER the end of my shift, so I was stuck at work for a while.....when I got to work the evening before, the power door locks wouldn't work, figured, minor deal, locked it manually and figured I'd deal with it. Went to start it to go home in the a.m., no go and smoke coming from underhood.....had it towed to my mechanic, chewed/burnt wiring was the issue, and would've cost more to fix than the car was worth....and so it goes. Loved that car, but not enough to fix it LOL. On a newer car, yeah, I'd get to the bottom of it