General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Plug and Play aftermarket speakers with more bass?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2018, 08:36 AM
Plug and Play aftermarket speakers with more bass?

Hello. I have a fit-ex. Is there a speaker that has more bass and better sound with factory radio? I’ve tried doing a search and just got frustrated. Thank you in advance. Also is there a small sub enclosure with amp that will fit under the seat? I know they are getting smaller and smaller?

Old 07-17-2018, 08:57 AM
Not sure if you read my thread, but there are plenty others who have done the install, you can get the wire harness that is already built and allows you to add a sub under your seat.

Old 07-17-2018, 10:04 AM
Originally Posted by Bassguitarist1985
Not sure if you read my thread, but there are plenty others who have done the install, you can get the wire harness that is already built and allows you to add a sub under your seat.
Bruh, in this case are you referring to the two harnesses you install to prevent cutting and then add pins/wires for steering wheel controls? Or did I miss another option? I was just reading through your thread yesterday, and I thought I needed two harnesses and then needing to do some pinning to add steering controls. Is there now an off the shelf version?

Old 07-17-2018, 11:18 AM
Originally Posted by Helios
Bruh, in this case are you referring to the two harnesses you install to prevent cutting and then add pins/wires for steering wheel controls? Or did I miss another option? I was just reading through your thread yesterday, and I thought I needed two harnesses and then needing to do some pinning to add steering controls. Is there now an off the shelf version?
"Bruh," there is another option, but it still requires some modification if you go the setup I did with subs, EQ controller, and separate amp. As its sold you can simply add the subs and leave the OEM amp/speakers intact.

Amazon Amazon

Old 07-17-2018, 12:09 PM
Broski, thank you for the link. So you could've used this item, but wired the LC2i instead of the little inline converter that is included on this piece?

Looking at LC2i documentation, it all makes sense now. The little harness just taps into the rear speaker signal and I could plop the LC2i right in there.

https://www.audiocontrol.com/downloa...sales-note.pdf

Last edited by Helios; 07-17-2018 at 12:13 PM. Reason: added link to LC2i pdf
Old 07-17-2018, 12:56 PM
Thanks guys but I truly hate working on cars. Do you know my options? Will Best Buy install these harnesses, etc? Also do you have a link to your topic?

Old 07-17-2018, 02:42 PM
Best Buy is always hit or miss. But they should be familiar with working on newer cars and keeping factory radio. I would go talk to their mobile person, and see if what they say you need lines up with what has been recommended here. He should probably say you need a line out converter, and then wiring to power the amp, and then a sub/amp.

Changing the factory speakers and adding an amp would be the same, but the line out converter would be a higher end unit that processes all of the speaker signals, and not just the rears. Then you would need an amp and new speakers, and add that install cost.

I'm no expert by any means, but this is my understanding of things.

Old 07-17-2018, 05:04 PM
Originally Posted by jpnelson1978
Thanks guys but I truly hate working on cars. Do you know my options? Will Best Buy install these harnesses, etc? Also do you have a link to your topic?

Not sure about Best Buy. My topic should be in my signature below

Old 07-17-2018, 07:36 PM
5 Year Member
what if the op were to just buy some 3 way speakers, those will come with some bass out of the box, right?

Old 07-17-2018, 07:46 PM
Originally Posted by evilchargerfan
what if the op were to just buy some 3 way speakers, those will come with some bass out of the box, right?

28 watts rms per channel is hardly any bass at all regardless what speakers you put in...

Old 07-17-2018, 07:49 PM
Sounds like a wireless sub is the best bet. Hopefully something fits under the seat.

Old 07-17-2018, 10:11 PM
Sounds like a wireless sub is the best bet. Hopefully something fits under the seat.

the kenwood subs I have fit under the seat, but obviously not wireless. Dont even think those exist. Plus wireless is not good, can be unreliable due to interference, and signal delay meaning the door speakers fire before the subs due, which can cause phase issues.

Get the kenwood sub, the wire harness from amazon. Will have to disassemble dashboard and remove head unit to install harness, but plenty of posts on here with pics to do that.

Old 07-17-2018, 11:17 PM
the kenwood subs I have fit under the seat, but obviously not wireless. Dont even think those exist. Plus wireless is not good, can be unreliable due to interference, and signal delay meaning the door speakers fire before the subs due, which can cause phase issues.

Get the kenwood sub, the wire harness from amazon. Will have to disassemble dashboard and remove head unit to install harness, but plenty of posts on here with pics to do that.
I don’t know why I wrote wireless. Thank you I will check out that sub. Do you happen to know the part number or links on Amazon to the harness and sub?Have a great evening.

Old 07-18-2018, 08:32 AM

I don’t know why I wrote wireless. Thank you I will check out that sub. Do you happen to know the part number or links on Amazon to the harness and sub?Have a great evening.

Yessir, Here they are:

Wire harness:
Amazon Amazon

Kenwood Sub:
Amazon Amazon

You can shop a bit on the Kenwood sub. I got mine a bit cheaper a few years ago. GREAT sounding subs. Also if you ever wanted two subs, I can send you the parts and procedure to connect one remote to both.

At the time I left my subs behind the front seats, slightly underneath them. Now that I have a 4 year year old nephew all the time in my car, had to relocate them to the cargo area, but rest assured they will fit under. Keep in mind that the driver side has more adjustment than passenger. The seat will raise or lower while the passenger just slides forward or backward. The driver seat can go lower than the height of the sub, just be aware of this when adjusting your seat to not bottom it out where the seat is on the sub's grill.

Other than that hope this info helps!

Old 07-19-2018, 12:20 PM
Thank you so much. I thought there was a sub that goes all the way under the seat?

Old 09-07-2018, 07:21 PM
5 Year Member
I have only a single Kenwood Sub under my seat and it’s realky great for me. Simply upgrading the speakers in the doors was not nearly enough for me in the EXL. I also opted for an Alpine Power Pack amp. I chose to let a pro installer put these in, and cut the wires rather than get the harnesses. Not completely thrilled with this set up, but it’s a nice improvement and I can live with it, and the cost.

Old 10-01-2018, 08:57 PM
Yessir, Here they are:

Wire harness: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01G92PII6

Kenwood Sub:https://www.amazon.com/Kenwood-KSC-S.../dp/B00BO8O9XQ

You can shop a bit on the Kenwood sub. I got mine a bit cheaper a few years ago. GREAT sounding subs. Also if you ever wanted two subs, I can send you the parts and procedure to connect one remote to both.

At the time I left my subs behind the front seats, slightly underneath them. Now that I have a 4 year year old nephew all the time in my car, had to relocate them to the cargo area, but rest assured they will fit under. Keep in mind that the driver side has more adjustment than passenger. The seat will raise or lower while the passenger just slides forward or backward. The driver seat can go lower than the height of the sub, just be aware of this when adjusting your seat to not bottom it out where the seat is on the sub's grill.

Would the subs have fit completely under your front seats? like to the point where they are not visible at all to anyone in the back seat?

In your initial configuration where they are on the floor behind the front seats, were the back seats still able to fold down properly/fully?

Thanks.

Old 10-01-2018, 10:31 PM
Originally Posted by changerrs
Would the subs have fit completely under your front seats? like to the point where they are not visible at all to anyone in the back seat?

In your initial configuration where they are on the floor behind the front seats, were the back seats still able to fold down properly/fully?

Thanks.
Yes to all points. Only catch is subs under front seat...the driver seat has a height adjustment, it can crush the sub. Ask me how I know...had to straighten out the protective grill when i reinstalled the sub in cargo area.

Old 10-02-2018, 04:48 AM
5 Year Member
Yes to all points. Only catch is subs under front seat...the driver seat has a height adjustment, it can crush the sub. Ask me how I know...had to straighten out the protective grill when i reinstalled the sub in cargo area.
I never considered the seat height adjustment. I keep my seat up a little, despite being slightly below average height myself, and had the Kenwood Sub installed by a shop. Now I will have to carefully lower the seat to see what happens. Keep in mind that I keep my seat pretty far forward, short legs, so this may not be much of an issue-if any.

Old 10-02-2018, 01:40 PM
Where did you grab the power to the sub from?

Yessir, Here they are:

Wire harness: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01G92PII6

Kenwood Sub:https://www.amazon.com/Kenwood-KSC-S.../dp/B00BO8O9XQ