General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Still no real fix for Earth Dreams engine

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2018, 03:09 PM
5 Year Member
I don't know where racism comes into it, grammar and spelling aren't limited by color or creed. Actually, we have a bunch of guys from Hawaii, and about half of them talk the way you type. One of them was my boss for the first half of the year, and despite the speech pattern, he's white. The only one I exchange messages with is pure ethnic Hawaiian, though, and all the rest of them if I see anything they've typed it's in a formal report.

Hey, at the very least I think we agree on the engine stuff.

Old 07-26-2018, 04:34 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
... someone having an accent and racists here are telling me i should speak a certain way. im like gtfo racist cheeseball, dis is da internets. im just typing away in text conversation style.
Are you saying that typing in a certain syntax implies a race? Are you saying that having an accent implies a race?

That's a pretty racist and closed-minded way of thinking, bud.

Old 07-26-2018, 04:48 PM
5 Year Member
I for one done mind kenchan's typing. though its far from formal, its no different than speaking with a friend or a co worker whom happen to have a similar style of speech

Old 07-26-2018, 07:30 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by evilchargerfan
I for one done mind kenchan's typing. though its far from formal, its no different than speaking with a friend or a co worker whom happen to have a similar style of speech
thanks evil. exactly mang, casual discussions.

now back to topic already.

Old 07-27-2018, 06:39 AM
Originally Posted by kenchan
now back to topic already.
this thread has no topic. Its a bunch of trolling comparing the earthdreams engine to (?idk?)lesser DI models that operate differently.

Old 07-27-2018, 09:29 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by knope
this thread has no topic. Its a bunch of trolling comparing the earthdreams engine to (?idk?)lesser DI models that operate differently.
To be fair, there are modern DI motors without carbon fouling issues. AFAIK, owners of the 1.5t motors aren't having the issue. Neither are Toyota owners AFAIK.

It is a compromised design that should not have been implemented, but some do it much better than others.

Old 12-19-2020, 12:55 PM
Originally Posted by vinylengraver
This is typical for any direct injected engine.
Any.
Including cars ten times the price of the Fit.
There is little to prevent this, but you can try.
Avoid short trips, run the engine hot, use quality oil and in the meantime... start saving money for intake valve cleaning job that is inevitable.
You can thank strict emission standards for the whole thing.
Life is a never ending string of compromises.
You want 40 miles to the gallon from a motor that is capable of carrying a car full of average sized american citizens at freeway speeds?
Well you have to give up something in the process...
Or you could just hop in your time machine and buy a brand new 1977 VW Rabbit Diesel. That thing did 39.5 mpg IN THE CITY!
Just be aware it had a whole 48 hp.
See what I mean?
Not true. Toyota puts a set of additional port injectors that fire periodically and one of the purposes they serve is to keep the intake valves from doing this. Ford does as well on some of its engines.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a1...ect-injection/

An excerpt that indicates it helps eliminate the valve carbon issue.

"The ultimate strategy is combining both PI and DI benefits, using each to diminish the other’s negatives. Toyota, for example, fires both injectors during low to medium load and rpm conditions—in other words, during normal driving. This raises the density of the incoming charge without boosting and flushes carbon deposits off the intake valves. During high load and rpm circumstances, when maximum combustion chamber cooling is needed because detonation is more likely, DI handles all the fuel delivery."

Old 12-19-2020, 10:01 PM
5 Year Member
Even Honda's Legendary Reliability Can Have A Lemon Every Now And Then.

Maybe you just got a lemon of a Fit. Hondas as reliable as they are will every now and then make a car that's not up to snuff. Just saying. Same goes for a Honda Ruckus. I've read on the Ruckus board when someone buys a new Ruckus and have issues.

Old 02-24-2021, 07:48 PM
5 Year Member
My 2010 Fit doesn't have DI but my wife's 2014 Accord does, so I have been doing research. Seems running a good injection cleaner like B&G 44K fairly often along with using top tier gas helps. Also a catch can sounds like a good idea, DI or not.