E-Manage Tuners in Calgary

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 11:02 AM
E-Manage Tuners in Calgary

Hey guys,

I can't get a hold of my buddy Allan to get my car tuned... I think I need someone who is a "guru" in terms of Emanage tuning. The one exhaust shop I went to said there is a guy who won a bunch of awards at the WOW this year who is really good at tuning but I don't remember who it was.

I feel like I get a step closer to getting my car running properly, but I can't do much more on my own in terms of tuning, I need outright help.

My idle when the car warms up sits around 11.5 AFRs. And when I'm in boost it's between 12.9-13.5. Normal city/highway cruising I've been able to get my AFRs between 14.3-15.5 but it bounces around that band quite a bit... I think this is due to my unsteady foot and the bumpy roads.

Anyone got any suggestions on where I can go?

Old 03-20-2009, 01:36 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Also interested if you come across a guru

I picked up the Innovate LM2 kit a few weeks ago, it has pretty advanced data logging capabilties onto SD cards including graphing software that might help you tweak your tune. I will be using it in the immediate future, but you are welcome to borrow it down the road if you want.

I acutally just swapped my linux Asus EEEPC for a windows one and installed my E-manage & LM2 software on it. Over the next few weeks I am going to be doing a lot of playing around with it in my new garage

Old 03-20-2009, 04:20 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by YeeFit
Hey guys,

I can't get a hold of my buddy Allan to get my car tuned... I think I need someone who is a "guru" in terms of Emanage tuning. The one exhaust shop I went to said there is a guy who won a bunch of awards at the WOW this year who is really good at tuning but I don't remember who it was.

I feel like I get a step closer to getting my car running properly, but I can't do much more on my own in terms of tuning, I need outright help.

My idle when the car warms up sits around 11.5 AFRs. And when I'm in boost it's between 12.9-13.5. Normal city/highway cruising I've been able to get my AFRs between 14.3-15.5 but it bounces around that band quite a bit... I think this is due to my unsteady foot and the bumpy roads.

Anyone got any suggestions on where I can go?
Talk to William @ Speedtech racing development, I think he can hook you up with someone know how to tune your E-manage

Old 03-23-2009, 02:03 AM
Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
Also interested if you come across a guru

I picked up the Innovate LM2 kit a few weeks ago, it has pretty advanced data logging capabilties onto SD cards including graphing software that might help you tweak your tune. I will be using it in the immediate future, but you are welcome to borrow it down the road if you want.

I acutally just swapped my linux Asus EEEPC for a windows one and installed my E-manage & LM2 software on it. Over the next few weeks I am going to be doing a lot of playing around with it in my new garage
Sweet! I'm not sure if I'll need to borrow your LM2, but thanks for the offer.

William at Speedtech is ok, but my buddy Alan is supposed to be better. He actually used to work at Speedtech and went down to GReddy for training a few years back. He's gonna help me out to see what he can do in terms of fixing my issues and do some street tuning.

I've got my AEM UEGO wideband and it should be fairly accurate. We were gonna do some tuning today, but of course it had to snow like 6" last night! F%#@! Oh well... another time.

I'll ask to see if he'd tune your car as well Nick. I'll let you know.

Old 03-23-2009, 10:47 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Yeah this snow is a serious pain in the arse, my car was plowing through sidestreets yesterday. Snow was flying up over the hood and I would occasionaly have to stop and then drive around the snow pile I was pushing!

Good old Fit, does pretty well in the snow. Although today I keep hearing ice hitting the exhuast system because the ruts have all frozen up.

Find out what he would charge for tuning, I might be asking for help if we run into trouble. ET and Jon are going to be taking a stab at tuning it the weekend after next, should be fun

Old 03-23-2009, 01:42 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by YeeFit
Sweet! I'm not sure if I'll need to borrow your LM2, but thanks for the offer.

William at Speedtech is ok, but my buddy Alan is supposed to be better. He actually used to work at Speedtech and went down to GReddy for training a few years back. He's gonna help me out to see what he can do in terms of fixing my issues and do some street tuning.

I've got my AEM UEGO wideband and it should be fairly accurate. We were gonna do some tuning today, but of course it had to snow like 6" last night! F%#@! Oh well... another time.

I'll ask to see if he'd tune your car as well Nick. I'll let you know.
HAHAHA I know Allan as well, since you can't get a hold from him so I refer you to Speedtech, I think Anthony is the guy you were try to find with bunch of awards (I could be wrong) anyway it is all good now

Old 03-23-2009, 02:55 PM
I was just chatting with Allan....i think he's screening his calls lol

Old 03-23-2009, 03:02 PM
Originally Posted by JDMish
I was just chatting with Allan....i think he's screening his calls lol
Ya, I Alan finally texted me back. He's gonna give me a hand when the snow goes away.

Not sure what can be done tho, my main 2 problems are my rich idle (11.6AFR) and my closed loop boost issue (doesn't go into open loop til 70% throttle) which is bad cause I am leaning out daily driving my car as it'll hit 4-5psi easily at 1/4 to 1/2 throttle.