Moisture on your windhield and side windows???

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 12:17 AM
5 Year Member
Question Moisture on your windhield and side windows???

I know this question is being discussed in other forums. I seemed to be getting a lot of moisture on the windows of the Fit. Am I the only one having this problem??? I try to drive with defrost on at all time but the side windows always get fogged up real quickly... and I'm usually the only one in the car... is this a problem with plastic siding of the windows???

Old 12-01-2006, 09:03 AM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
are you on re-circulation?

Old 12-02-2006, 05:49 AM
Originally Posted by Toy Yoda
are you on re-circulation?
That's what I was gonna say.

Old 12-04-2006, 06:00 PM
Probably moisture trapped in your cabin during the heavy rain we had in the beginning of November. Everytime you get in your car from outside with your wet clothes/shoes/umbrellas/etc, the water on those gets into the car's cabin and often trapped. Run your HVAC getting fresh air, and crack the windows so drier air can get in and wet air can get out. Adding the A/C on also helps dry the air. And speaking of A/C, make sure the condenser drain tube is not plugged by debris or snow/ice.

On my in-law's previous Van, we actually had to run a home dehumidifier one time becaes a bucket of water (carrying flowers) actually spilled inside. I don't think yours is quite that bad.

Old 12-04-2006, 06:45 PM
5 Year Member
Try pointing the two upper side vents to the windows while in defrost mode. I noticed that is air coming out from those vents.

Old 12-06-2006, 05:37 PM
These are all good points. The problem is also further complicated when your windows are not clean. Moisture in the air needs something to 'catch' onto in order to fog your windows. This is the same effect created by imperfections and things in a glass full of soda where the bubbles seem to stem from a certain location. Just get those windows clean and not only will your fogging decrease but your de-fog time will get considerably shorter.

Old 01-12-2007, 03:37 AM
Originally Posted by shipwrek
These are all good points. The problem is also further complicated when your windows are not clean. Moisture in the air needs something to 'catch' onto in order to fog your windows. This is the same effect created by imperfections and things in a glass full of soda where the bubbles seem to stem from a certain location. Just get those windows clean and not only will your fogging decrease but your de-fog time will get considerably shorter.

YES!!!!!! Keep your windows clean and FOR GODS SAKE! don't wipe it with your hand so you can see!!!!! hugest pet peeve!!! never touch my windows on the inside!!! (ok so I'm a little ****...)