Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

Honda Village, Newton MA-old fashioned tactics are lost on a modern car.

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 06:02 PM
Thumbs down Honda Village, Newton MA-old fashioned tactics are lost on a modern car.

Such tedious, old-school sales tactics. We went to drive a 5MT Fit sport, as the only other exposure we've had to date was Zipcar-owned AT base model. We knew we were keen on getting a 5MT sport, but wanted to drive it before just to be sure. Anyway...90 minutes of unenthusiastic, poorly informed sales banter (the car "was available in yellow last year" and "blackberry pearl is just like the rootbeer color on the element"), followed by the old lets-get-the-sales-manager in on the game (he even said "what do I have to do to get you in this car today!?").

The best part was when the salesman, inspite our insistance that we were not purchasing the car that day, insisted on 'running the numbers' for us - even though we told him we would be paying cash for the car. I quickly added up his figures and saw that there was a $1200 markup imbedded into his monthly payments.

We walked out then. Idiots.

Old 11-11-2007, 12:53 PM
Here is another complaint about Honda Village in Newton. This also involves a Honda FIT.

DISHONESTY at Honda Village, Newton/Boston MA

Old 11-13-2007, 04:27 PM
Wow, That guy was pissed. Made a web page and everything, even stood in front of the place. I guess you cant blame him tho, id be hella pissed to if someone had my 5k and my house payment was due. If I ever move to MA I wont buy from those clowns!!