Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

Family Honda in Rancho Santa Margarita, Ca USA

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 12:04 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up Family Honda in Rancho Santa Margarita, Ca USA

This was the first dealer I went to when I started looking for a Fit back in Sept 2007, about 8 hours later I walked out with an brand new 08 SSM.

The sales rep was friendly. There was the typical price haggling you can expect from a dealer. They tried to lowball me on my trade in, but when all was said and done I got a great car at a great price.

Where this dealer truly shines is in their service department. Originally, I was in a VIP program that gave me 100% free oil changes up to the end of my warranty. Unfortunately, with the economy they revised the program to every 4th or 5th oil change is free. (which, going by the oil life indicator, would give you maybe one free oil change before the basic 36,000 mile warranty ended)
I have had five repairs done on my Fit all covered under Honda's warranty, no hassle, no haggle, no argument what-so-ever from the dealer:

1. At 8,000 miles passenger side fog light had moisture in it.
2. At 10,000 miles driver side air vent broke for reasons I'd rather no discuss.
3. At 26,000 miles battery died. Found to have a bad cell.
4. At 26,000 miles the release latch to fold the back seat down cracked.
And the Pièce de résistance:
4. I lowered my car. Shortly after my ABS light came on. The dealership said it was the driver side speed sensor. They also said, we're about 90% sure when you lowered the car the wire was left hanging or it was pulled on and that's why it's damaged. Then they said, we're going to go ahead and cover it under warranty anyway!!!!!

I've never had such great customer service from a dealership. When I took my Saturn back to the dealer for a blown fuse they blamed the none OEM parking light bulbs! I had to talk to a manager to get them to cover it.

I would HIGHLY recommend buying a vehicle from this dealership. I know I'm going back next time I need a car.