Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

Bob Lanphere's Beaverton Honda - Beaverton, Oregon

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2014, 09:54 PM
Thumbs down Bob Lanphere's Beaverton Honda - Beaverton, Oregon

Terrible experience here. I was a first time buyer so there are definitely a few things I would do differently. Initially the sales person was friendly but engaged in some pressure selling. To be expected I suppose. He showed us the list price and said that the "data dot" feature was included in the price. We also wanted the all weather package to include the rubber mats since it rains a lot in the Pacific NW. One tactic they used which I absolutely hated was they said "how much do you want your monthly payments to be?" This of course let's the dealership control the conversation and the price so you'll have difficulty negotiating on price.

When we sat down with the finance guy he called my wife "my mistress" and I was pretty shocked. At that moment we should've gotten up and left. I'm not sure why we didn't...I suppose it was because we had already invested several hours there. In the end we ended up doing a minimal warranty package, aftermarket GPS, and all weather package.

Left the dealership and went home and immediately fell asleep. The next day I was thinking about the price I paid and somehow it didn't add up. I went back to the dealership and was inquiring about the breakdown in price. The salesperson that we had worked with before said everything was listed on the tag from the window. My wife and I never saw the tag. He said he placed it in the glove box, but my wife went through every document in there and couldn't find it. Then he said he'd go take a look. He went out the front door and about 10 minutes later came out of the back room with the paper. The paper showed the price but then listed out the data dot package separately. I protested by saying the rep had stated that was included in the original price, which it wasn't. Of course they cited the fact that I had already taken possession of the car so there was nothing I could do. I figured I could probably get a lawyer, but at that point it wasn't worth it. We loved the car, but not the dealership. They also never included the all weather mats until we called them on it a few weeks later.

All in all a terrible experience. Avoid this place! There's several other reviews that give this place negative review. Go somewhere else.

Old 07-17-2015, 08:58 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sandz
Terrible experience here. I was a first time buyer so there are definitely a few things I would do differently. Initially the sales person was friendly but engaged in some pressure selling. To be expected I suppose. He showed us the list price and said that the "data dot" feature was included in the price. We also wanted the all weather package to include the rubber mats since it rains a lot in the Pacific NW. One tactic they used which I absolutely hated was they said "how much do you want your monthly payments to be?" This of course let's the dealership control the conversation and the price so you'll have difficulty negotiating on price.

When we sat down with the finance guy he called my wife "my mistress" and I was pretty shocked. At that moment we should've gotten up and left. I'm not sure why we didn't...I suppose it was because we had already invested several hours there. In the end we ended up doing a minimal warranty package, aftermarket GPS, and all weather package.

Left the dealership and went home and immediately fell asleep. The next day I was thinking about the price I paid and somehow it didn't add up. I went back to the dealership and was inquiring about the breakdown in price. The salesperson that we had worked with before said everything was listed on the tag from the window. My wife and I never saw the tag. He said he placed it in the glove box, but my wife went through every document in there and couldn't find it. Then he said he'd go take a look. He went out the front door and about 10 minutes later came out of the back room with the paper. The paper showed the price but then listed out the data dot package separately. I protested by saying the rep had stated that was included in the original price, which it wasn't. Of course they cited the fact that I had already taken possession of the car so there was nothing I could do. I figured I could probably get a lawyer, but at that point it wasn't worth it. We loved the car, but not the dealership. They also never included the all weather mats until we called them on it a few weeks later.

All in all a terrible experience. Avoid this place! There's several other reviews that give this place negative review. Go somewhere else.
When I visited my brother, I checked them out and didn't find much to choose from, but the sales staff did try to assist and went over the specs and general information. I would give them a 5 out of 10.