Planet Honda, route 22, in Union, NJ

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 03:15 PM
Unhappy Planet Honda, route 22, in Union, NJ

I have just had the most outrageous, underhanded, rude experience with PLANET HONDA of
Union, NJ.
Actually it was the manager (you know the one who has to give us the spiel after your go through the motions with the salesclerk). His name was BARON RINGLER. He was rude from the get go. We wanted a white crv and they had one that we were prepared to buy. After 2 hours, we were given the price for the car and it was a done deal as far as I was concerned.

The salesman suggested that we finance and we started that process. As he took my license and other information, he said that his boss Baron Ringler had to make sure that his boss would accept the price that we spent 2 hours negotiating over. The price that they agreed upon. Still too much money but we thought that it was a fair deal. I told him before we spend anymore time he should make sure because we already spent over 2 hours.

So he left his desk again to talk to Baron Ringer and then they both came back. He very rudely, said that he can't give us the price that they quoted us but if we want it, we could have it for another $1500.00. I was appalled, how can you make a deal, start the paper work and then come back with a higher price? He acted like he was doing us a favor. I think even the saleman was confused and taken back by his loud, arrogant behavior.

I would not recommend this dealer to anyone.

Old 08-09-2011, 07:19 PM
5 Year Member
Buying a car takes 4 - 6 hours at the dealer each time I do it. And that's after we have decided on a model and equipment!

you have to haggle over availability of options, colors, etc.

Then we haggle over accessories

then we battle over financing.

then we have to resist the offers for extended maintenance contracts and stuff.

But I would report that guy to Honda Customer Care, you will feel better.

We have been treated really well at the following Honda dealers over the years: VIP Honda in N Plainfield; Joyce Honda in Randolph; and Sussex Honda in Newton.

we bought our last two Hondas from Sussex.

Oh, and Park Av Acura in New Rochelle (formerly Maywood) was great during our Acura purchase.

Old 08-10-2011, 08:13 AM
Thanks for the advice and recommendations.
Have a great day.

Old 01-07-2012, 10:15 PM
Wow...this will save me a trip there. will not go there now even for service.

Old 01-07-2012, 10:47 PM
5 Year Member
Ask to speak to the General Manager of the dealership and let them know you will provide a bad evaluation of that dealership online contact Honda Corp or (yahoo, yelp, google reviews, etc. ) If you still want the car at the price you initially agreed upon, they might give it to you-- they you might be able to wiggle out some other things in the deal. I had a good sales experience, but a negative one with the finance manager. I told my sales person and he said to speak to the Gen Mgr. I negotiated a free tint job for the hassle of the finance mgr misleading me on some details .

Old 01-08-2012, 08:55 AM
5 Year Member
You always have to be ready to WALK AWAY. That's the bottom line: If you can't get the deal you want (or if they try to change the deal as above) just SAY GOODBYE.

Often (not always) you will get a call agreeing to the price you want.

We always get prices from three local dealers. If you are a member of AAA they have a buying service that provided a good price one time.

Explore all the options.

Old 04-18-2012, 03:36 PM
5 Year Member
It took me about an hour to walk out the door to wait for delivery of my new car at Joyce Honda. Though I may have been a special case since I knew what I wanted, where the car was (it was at a dealership 50mi away, but I wanted to stay local if I could and knew dealerships would trade arround) and knew I would be paying sticker price since it was the last one in that combination in the north east after the earthquake last year (bought in april). The buying experiance was nice, watch out, the money they charge for doing the paperwork and title stuff does not include the title fee and registration (so they got me for $300 more than I was expecting) otherwise they had friendly sales staff and no need to talk to the maniger or anything. The salesman I worked with went and got the car personally even.