Merchant Group Buys and New Product Sales This area is for private individuals or small merchants to list NEW Products For Sale or to Organize Group Buys. Unlike "FIT VENDORS" on the forum, the staff of FITFREAK does not perform any background checks on individuals listing product offerings in this sub-forum. Payment is required in order to list your product in this sub-forum. CLICK HERE for payment details and instant Thread Posting access to this sub-forum.

GB: Tiger Tuning KMR Fit Chassis Brace Sets!

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 07:36 PM
Merchant / Group Buy Organizer ( non-certified )
UPDATE:
Okay! Just for kicks, we will take another 5% off for everybody if we can reach 60 parts! That means 20% off for everyone and 25% off for those that order multiple pieces!!

We've still got 2 and a half weeks! We've done this for our Mazda GB before (See here) so I know you guys can too!

Last edited by Tiger Tuning; 02-15-2011 at 08:32 PM.
Old 02-15-2011, 07:56 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Tiger Tuning
UPDATE:
Okay! Just for kicks, we will take another 5% off for everybody if we can reach 60 parts! That means 20% off for everyone and 25% off for those that order multiple pieces!!

We've still got 2 and a half weeks! There's still We've done this for our Mazda GB before (See here) so I know you guys can too!
Oh thats amazing! Cmon people tell your brother, mother, father, sister, dogs, cats, friends!!! Lets get to 60!!!

Old 02-15-2011, 07:59 PM
lol pretty sure you wouldn't be the only one haha

Old 02-15-2011, 07:59 PM
Originally Posted by cr4zy3lgato
1.The sway bar reinforcement will give a big difference even without the rear strut bar! because they don't stiffen the same part! the sway bar eliminates flex in the torsion beam, not the chassis. This is by far the best mod for a GD (07-08) and it's great for a GE, but i don't know how much

2.Jodele as a similar bar under his car, and he told me he felt a nice difference! you will likely feel more the under bracing than the ones on struts

3. It will lower clearance, but i can't tell you by how much... my guess is no more than 1 1/2" if your car is not lowered, this should'nt be an issue in winter
Thanks for the info! This is getting more and more tempting... I guess my only last curiosity is which makes a bigger difference, the 4 point sub frame or the mid tie? I don't think I'm willing to get both, especially if I'm going to be dropping the money on the rear sway...

Old 02-15-2011, 08:05 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Java^FiT
Oh thats amazing! Cmon people tell your brother, mother, father, sister, dogs, cats, friends!!! Lets get to 60!!!
I told my cat about the GB but she is just not as passionate about modding the Fit as I am.

Old 02-15-2011, 08:30 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MNfit
I told my cat about the GB but she is just not as passionate about modding the Fit as I am.
LOL... maybe your cat should buy a Fit for his bars...

@boxfish: my guess is that the 4-point would give the most noticeable gain in rigidity

1. it's tied to more points 4 vs 2
2. it seems to tie the subframe to the chassis (it moves because they drill the holes larger from factory, this makes for easier install and wider tolerances) btw this is a "band-aid" type of solution, Spoon puts rigid collars but they sell them for around 250$...
3. it's in a less neutral point (picture a beam twisting in opposite directions at each ends, the center is neutral)

*i might be wrong, this is from a quick analysis of the pics posted and what i know, plz someone tell me if i'm wrong*

i'm a student in egineering, so i hope i'm somewhat right

Old 02-16-2011, 02:36 AM
Tiger Tuning Thanks for the update!!!

I know we can some how get 60 by 3/4/11 hehe =)

boxfish: The rear sway reinforcement will probably give you the biggest difference in terms of feel!!
a Progress sway bar cost around $180 this sway is $230!

But Java^FiT did make a good point about the 2 sway bars
[quote]
You know this question got me thinking, and while I haven't had first hand experience with either type I was thinking practically about it. While a RSB like progress has the benefits of being a solid rigid piece, it made me think about how over time the amount of stress on those 2 welds holding the bar to the mounting plates. Can you imagine the amount of torsion and flex they must undergo? This makes sense then to have those pivots incorporated into this RSB because it doesn't defeat the purpose since it is remaining as a solid connection between the two sides, it ties them together while providing a means of flex absorption so it will last longer. It is soo smart and I don't know why i didn't see it sooner.[quote]

also if you are planning to get Mid bars and don't have the $$ for both get the 4 point ladder..... this ladder basically will stiffen your car alot!!
if kmr make another for the rear section of the car, then your car will be soild like a rock!
but too bad noone makes one for the GE's rear....except some company make a rear tie for the truck area thats it!

Last edited by j's_fit; 02-16-2011 at 02:38 AM.
Old 02-16-2011, 12:44 PM
Thanks for the input j's_fit!

My concern with the 4 point ladder is that it was mentioned earlier that the ladder brace requires removal of the gas tank shielding. If this really is the case, then its a definite no-go for that part for me. Theres tons of pot holes and rocks from crumbling roads that fly all over the place here (evidenced by 2-3 windshield chips and numerous chips on the front bumper ) and while I doubt that a pebble would punch a hole in the tank, its just not an area that I'd want exposed.

Old 02-16-2011, 01:08 PM
oh......that sucks!!

but I think the gas tank will be strong enough for rocks and stuff

think of the positive side!! you now have a piece of metal under your gas tank to protect it even more!!! hehe =)

Old 02-16-2011, 01:56 PM
Originally Posted by boxfish
Thanks for the input j's_fit!

My concern with the 4 point ladder is that it was mentioned earlier that the ladder brace requires removal of the gas tank shielding. If this really is the case, then its a definite no-go for that part for me. Theres tons of pot holes and rocks from crumbling roads that fly all over the place here (evidenced by 2-3 windshield chips and numerous chips on the front bumper ) and while I doubt that a pebble would punch a hole in the tank, its just not an area that I'd want exposed.
The other thing is I'm sure you could easily modify the cover to go between the ladder and the gas tank. The piece is plastic so if you cut where the mounting and bars are in the way, you can still incorporate it in!

Old 02-16-2011, 01:57 PM
5 Year Member
^lol that's exactly what i was going to say XD

Old 02-16-2011, 04:43 PM
Sure, I could probably take a dremel to it or something, but it's more work than I'm willing to deal with. I'm also most likely going to have a shop put most of these things on for me since I don't have the space or the equipment to get under my car so I'm trying to stick with solutions that don't require major modifications of existing parts.

Still contemplating the other things but I think I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger

Old 02-16-2011, 09:28 PM
5 Year Member
well all you need is ramps... plastic ones are cheap, or you could fab them with wood!

Old 02-17-2011, 04:56 AM
Yeah, I considered ramps, but I wasn't sure if the fact that theres still load on the suspension would complicate installation. Plus I think my apartment frowns on car work in their parking lots =/. Does the GE8 sport have issues getting up rhino ramps? From a quick search I got conflicting reports of the front lip scraping.

In the meanwhile, Tiger Tuning, please put me down for the front strut bar, front lower tie brace, and the 4 point front sub-frame brace. Still debating whether to get this sway bar or the progress ones...

Edit: Are there any issues with a sway bar conflicting with coilovers?

Last edited by boxfish; 02-17-2011 at 04:57 AM. Reason: added question
Old 02-17-2011, 09:12 AM
5 Year Member
1.j's_fit, GE8 4 Point Mid-Chassis Ladder Brace
2.j's_fit, GE8 2 Point Mid-Chassis Tie Bar
3.Tauwolf, GE8 Front Strut Bar
4.Tauwolf, GE8 4 Point Front Sub-Frame Brace
5.Tauwolf, GE8 2 Point Mid-Chassis Tie Bar
6.Tauwolf, GE8 Front Lower Tie Brace
7.Tauwolf, GE8 Rear Strut Bar
8.Java^FiT, GE8 Front Strut Bar
9.Java^FiT, GE8 Front Lower Tie Brace
10.Java^FiT, GE8 Rear Strut Bar
11.Java^FiT, GE8 Rear Sway Bar Reinforcement Brace
12.angryfit, GE8 Front Strut Bar
13.angryfit, GE8 Front Lower Tie Bar
14.Cr4zy3lgato, GD3 Front Strut Bar
15.Cr4zy3lgato, GD3 Front Lower Tie Brace
16.Texas Coyote, GD3 4 Point Front Sub-Frame Brace
17.Texas Coyote, GD3 Front Lower Tie Brace
18.Texas Coyote, GD3 Rear Side Brace
19.Texas Coyote, GD3 Rear Strut Bar
20.Texas Coyote, GD3 C-Pillar Bar
21.Circa40, GE8 Front Lower Tie Brace
22.Circa40, GE8 4 Point Front Sub-Frame Brace
23.FITMugen, GE8 Front Strut Bar
24.MNfit, GD3 4 Point Front Sub-Frame Brace
25.MNfit, GD3 Rear Side Brace
26.MNfit, GD3 Front Lower Tie Brace
27.DTruth, GD3 4 Point Front Sub-Frame Brace
28.DTruth, GD3 Rear Side Brace
29.srkishy, GE8 Front Strut Bar
30.srkishy, GE8 Front Lower Tie Brace
31.HOLY FIT!!, GD3 4 Point Front Sub-Frame Brace
32.HOLY FIT!!, GD3 Rear Side Brace
33.harispirzda, GD3 4 Point Front Sub-Frame Brace
34.harispirzda, GD3 Rear Side Brace
35.boxfish, GE8 Front Strut Bar
36.boxfish, GE8 Front Lower Tie Brace
37.boxfish, GE8 4 Point Front Sub-Frame Brace

Getting closer guys!!!

Old 02-17-2011, 10:21 AM
5 Year Member
Yeah, I considered ramps, but I wasn't sure if the fact that theres still load on the suspension would complicate installation. Plus I think my apartment frowns on car work in their parking lots =/. Does the GE8 sport have issues getting up rhino ramps? From a quick search I got conflicting reports of the front lip scraping.

In the meanwhile, Tiger Tuning, please put me down for the front strut bar, front lower tie brace, and the 4 point front sub-frame brace. Still debating whether to get this sway bar or the progress ones...

If you want to be sure you don't have issues when driving up ramps, just drive the car on 2x6"s before

Old 02-17-2011, 10:51 AM
Wow great prices if only I can scrounge up some money right now to buy some parts

Old 02-17-2011, 10:52 AM
I've done the 2x6 trick before to help get my car up on ramps and it definitely works.

Old 02-17-2011, 11:47 AM

Coilovers will not affect the install of the RSB. I would recommend professional installation if you do not have the tools to install. Lifting the car is one thing, but removing the bolts can be a real problem if you don't have breaker bars or enough clearance. Just my 2 cents!

Old 02-17-2011, 11:48 AM
Originally Posted by Tj Rand
Wow great prices if only I can scrounge up some money right now to buy some parts
Get em at the great prices while you still can! They will be at retail price after this!

Quick Reply: GB: Tiger Tuning KMR Fit Chassis Brace Sets!