Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

EP3 vs FIT

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 01:02 AM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
i think the ep3 and fit are both good cars, just depends on what you want. for me, i'd pick a fit for the doors, styling, and lots of other things. what MR_ET said makes, sense. you should think about what you really need/want.

Old 01-31-2008, 08:50 AM
5 Year Member
thanks again for the input, it helps me think to things i may have over looked or haven't thought much about...

i do know my car would never be a track car, granted i possibly would take it a few times, 1-2x a year at most. it would be a car thats just all around fun to drive, quick and versitle....i guess i just answered my own question right there...

i was thinking im curious to see how quick the 5spd fit plus the jrsc-r kit at 10lbs is.......after its release maybe i'll keep my pants on and opt for a manual fit and remain in the fit clan.

Old 01-31-2008, 09:00 AM
5 Year Member
ive always like ep3's but i guess thats cause i know a guy with one and its pretty clean but id say trade for manuel fit.

Old 01-31-2008, 09:52 AM
elaino said it well on the first page, mid page. you just gotta wage the pros and cons that matter to YOU. and decide on what amount of cash you are willing to spend to get either car where u want it. they are both hondas, yes , but they are on different lvls, like eldaino said.
anyhoot, i say keep the fit and just put into it whatever you planned on doing to the ep3, i think youll be happy with the fit. i know i am and so are many others ont his site!

Old 01-31-2008, 11:43 AM
5 Year Member
thats exactly the style that i like......exept nhbp, im on ephatch all the time, i hope this forum grows and gets that good.

yea my only thing with trading for a 5spd fit would be i paid more for my auto, i wonder if i'd get more for selling the fit and buying another one.....any ideas on that?

Old 01-31-2008, 11:55 AM
5 Year Member
maybe it will help if you guys knew what i wanted to do:

i already have 15" gold konig heliums....they'll be on whatever i have (in exeption to 04-05 si...being 5lug)

keep the auto:
jdm smoked tails
springs/shocks
yellow fogs
hid's
axle back exhaust
sri

manual fit:
jdm smoked tails
springs/shocks
yellow fogs
hid's
full exhaust (header incl)
jrsc-r?
black spoon decon shift knob
dc5 amber sidemarker light
strut/sway bars
jdm coin holder
jdm hazard switch

ep3:
jrsc-r
k-pro
race header
? midpipe
spoon axle back
amber sidemarker lens covers
springs/shocks
strut/sway bars
hids
yellow fogs
carbon fiber dash kit (to cover the silver)
spoon knob

few other mods here and there but thats the stuff i like and i could think of...so let the opinions keep on coming

Old 01-31-2008, 12:18 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by redrumm
ive always like ep3's but i guess thats cause i know a guy with one and its pretty clean but id say trade for manuel fit.

i think we are a little confused: he DOES already have a fit, and he's contemplating trading it for a manual version, OR and ep3.

Old 01-31-2008, 12:27 PM
5 Year Member
as far as how quick a manual transmissioned fit with the 10lb kit would be, i'd say very swift!

JDMchris fit can keep up with newer si's (which run 0-60 in the high 6's.) which is plenty fast to me. And he is on the 5lb kit.

if you were to add a few bolt ons to compensate for the drivetrain loss of our auto's, you would basically be as quick as that. (to put it into comparison, new si's are typically a whole second faster to 60 than the ep3's.)

and don't forget that the kraftwerks kit has an upgrade path to higher boost that is availble even to those who have auto's and the base 5psi kit.

i was reading your plans for each respecitve car.

one question i had was why would you abstinate from certain things (like the supercharger) on the auto fit? or a full on exhaust? all these parts are availble and DO increase performance! i think the lists are good, i was just wondering about that as a side note.

One thing to remember: the ep3 supercharger from jackson racing IS NOT like the ones availble for the fit: the ep3 uses the old roots type, which has the classic parasitic loss (needs power to make power.). It makes GREAT low end torque and good midrange, but it leaves something to be desired on the top end. (something the ep3 has a problem with to begin with.)

the Rotrex type superchargers for the fit are very linear and smooth. they dont' have the super hard immediate thrust of a roots, or the burst of top end power like a turbo, but its a healthy medium and its not peaky. putting the 5 psi kit on an auto fit would almost be like putting the k20a3 from the ep3 and calling it a day, but without the weight distribution disadvantage and without the cost of a swap! so there is some food for thought. (plus, our fits weight almost 300lbs less than ep3's. imagine that with the same whp!??!!)

trading in for a manual fit does open up more doors, but you may not come out on top financially. (take it from someone who financed lots of negative equity into his fit, that it sucks!:o )

the ep3 could be easier to do financially...but remember to take into consideration that to get it going quickly, both the supercharger and higher-output k20 options are both costly. not to mention that a lot of parts for the ep3 are VERY Expensive to begin with. But in the end, it is the better platform if you want to go ALL-out.

again man just depends on what you want to do! i'm an auto fit driver too, and i've got plans. and no i wont be the fastest cat out there, but ill still enjoy the drive and suprise a few peeps!:vtec:

Old 01-31-2008, 12:59 PM
5 Year Member
one question i had was why would you abstinate from certain things (like the supercharger) on the auto fit? or a full on exhaust? all these parts are availble and DO increase performance! i think the lists are good, i was just wondering about that as a side note.
i was thinking from the perspective of im not sure if i'd want to limit myself to the auto and paying $3,500 for the kit......but for that i can wait until its released and see what the results are.....and yes you are correct you CAN increase power and make it much quicker and suprize lots (esp where i live in southern MI, northern IN) where the car scene has gotten considerably smaller since the demize of all the "fast and furious" guys grew up.

keeping my fit would be the easiest and most cost effective, since i wouldnt have to pay tax......again, and spend money on upgraded clutch/shift knob/dead pedal/other misc i'd tinker with.

Old 01-31-2008, 01:39 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mholmes85
i was thinking from the perspective of im not sure if i'd want to limit myself to the auto and paying $3,500 for the kit......but for that i can wait until its released and see what the results are.....and yes you are correct you CAN increase power and make it much quicker and suprize lots (esp where i live in southern MI, northern IN) where the car scene has gotten considerably smaller since the demize of all the "fast and furious" guys grew up.

keeping my fit would be the easiest and most cost effective, since i wouldnt have to pay tax......again, and spend money on upgraded clutch/shift knob/dead pedal/other misc i'd tinker with.

ah ok i gotcha. granted the manual version isn't much cheaper, but i'm pretty sure that this kit is going to be one of the best upgrades for anyone who has a fit, regardless of transmission.

i did want to let you know, though, that i just confirmed that the auto base 5psi kit will NOT have the upgrade path that the manual guys have.:o

i know it sucks, but that isn't to say more power can't be had out of it with a good tuner. its just a matter of figuring out the supercard software that comes with the kit.

have you seen the dyno for chris' kit? it made 144 hp and 123lbs of torque the the wheels...an ep3 does a little better, but again, it weighs SIGNIFICANTLY more.

another thing to take into consideration is that this kits dyno was done with 91 grade gasoline...i'm sure that if 93 is available where you are at, there is more to be had out of it!

Old 01-31-2008, 01:48 PM
5 Year Member
another thing to take into consideration is that this kits dyno was done with 91 grade gasoline...i'm sure that if 93 is available where you are at, there is more to be had out of it!
i live about 30min from south bend and notre dame...they is a drag strip close by so im sure 93 octane would be available somewhere

its just a matter of figuring out the supercard software that comes with the kit.
i agree, and im sure with that and figuring out tuning and then when more parts would be released it would all help enough for me to shut up and be happy with my decision :D

...not that i would do it often, maybe once or twice...but there are numerous auto-x tracks within a few hours...i bet the paddle shifters would be fun along with the jrsc would be quite enjoyable

Old 01-31-2008, 02:51 PM
Tried both.

Went with the FiT.

'nough said.

Old 01-31-2008, 03:40 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mholmes85
i live about 30min from south bend and notre dame...they is a drag strip close by so im sure 93 octane would be available somewhere

i agree, and im sure with that and figuring out tuning and then when more parts would be released it would all help enough for me to shut up and be happy with my decision :D

...not that i would do it often, maybe once or twice...but there are numerous auto-x tracks within a few hours...i bet the paddle shifters would be fun along with the jrsc would be quite enjoyable

ah i see. here in NC, there is no 91 octane, usually just 87,89, then 93. we have a few stations (one about half hour away from me) that does 100.

Old 01-31-2008, 08:29 PM
The EP has the potential to go faster with boltons, but its still not fun to drive. You still have that econo vtec.

The fit on the otherhand is one fun car to drive. It's only a turbo kit or Engine swap away from being serious. Also the Fit will save you money from gas so you can get nicer mods like REAL Wheels. :vtec:

If you slam the Fit it'll look like an EP ahahaha just alittle taller.

I've driven my friends big cammed EP and it's still slow. The shifter is non traditional.....Not cool.

Old 01-31-2008, 08:39 PM
Fit FTW :vtec: <-- i like that smiley lol

Old 01-31-2008, 09:16 PM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by EVO8Fit
The shifter is non traditional.....Not cool.
i really don't like how the shifter looks up there on the ep3, but i also think it's very good positioning. it felt comfortable using the shifter when i drove some friends' ep3s.

Old 01-31-2008, 10:51 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by EVO8Fit
The EP has the potential to go faster with boltons, but its still not fun to drive. You still have that econo vtec.

The fit on the otherhand is one fun car to drive. It's only a turbo kit or Engine swap away from being serious. Also the Fit will save you money from gas so you can get nicer mods like REAL Wheels. :vtec:

If you slam the Fit it'll look like an EP ahahaha just alittle taller.

I've driven my friends big cammed EP and it's still slow. The shifter is non traditional.....Not cool.
and you think the vtec on the fit is 'performance vtec?':confused:

rally style shifting is awesome. sometimes its even cooler to be non traditional (and i'm pulling for the fit.)

and the fit being a turbo kit or engine swap away from being fast are also things that can be applied to the ep3.

in fact the k20a2 is LITERALLY plug and play. with the fit, you still pay the same price for the engine, and then have to go through the pains of fitting it, which while it can be done, is A LOT more difficult than just putting it in the ep3 would be.

Old 02-01-2008, 08:56 AM
5 Year Member
so you can get nicer mods like REAL Wheels
haha hey now. i couldn't pass the deal on them! rims, tires and black lugs with 500 miles on them from a friend only cost me $400. and the look a butt load better than the stock alloys.

.....ive been debating to move out or not, im 22 left once but im back at the parentals house....looks like i need to be staying there so i can actually afford mods...............im gonna be that guy, the 30 year old living with mom driving a sweet car

Old 02-01-2008, 02:58 PM
5 Year Member
ok guys so i've been thinking it over the last few days.........the ep is out.......

so now its back to the debate between 5spd fit...or keep the auto

there are few fits in the area, my gut tells me i could sell the fit for a nice price.....and then outright buy a 5spd fit..........or would it be more worth it to trade a dealership fit for fit...................OR just shut up and keep mine.

if i'd just get shafted a few grand from tax for a 5spd fit, forget it...

Old 02-02-2008, 11:00 AM
5 Year Member
well you can always go in and see what they would give your for your trade in and see where that would put you for a 5spd fit.

Quick Reply: EP3 vs FIT