Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

Where are the NECK PILLOWS???

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 02:38 AM
Someone that spends her life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Where are the NECK PILLOWS???

The pillows that go on the base of the headrest so it's not so uncomfortable? I've seen them in cars, I have no idea what they are called, and I haven't seen them in any stores.

Do they have a special name??? While searching, I got travel pillows and pillows for beds. The only ones I found were "neck bones" that have some kind of vibrating thing for cars...and I really don't want to doze off while driving. And Hello Kitty ones.

Old 01-18-2009, 03:32 AM
5 Year Member
I have the ones that say "mugen" on it when they used 2 sell em on ebay. Now they don't have em anymore. Anyways, here is a honda one u might like:

Honda Car Seat Neck Rest Pillow Cushion 2pcs Black 3B74 - eBay (item 140295628098 end time Jan-20-09 20:53:18 PST)

Old 01-18-2009, 04:12 AM
5 Year Member
Not trying to hate, but I think the neck pillows have a rice factor to them. Reminds me of back in the day when everybody had red/blue/yellow seat belt harness pads. I'm seeing a lot of Civics rocking them here in SD. But as long as they're comfy I guess...

Old 01-18-2009, 05:25 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Super Mario
Not trying to hate, but I think the neck pillows have a rice factor to them. Reminds me of back in the day when everybody had red/blue/yellow seat belt harness pads. I'm seeing a lot of Civics rocking them here in SD. But as long as they're comfy I guess...
It's the comfort factor that I am most concerned about. If I want to lean back on the seat at all, the way that headrest is set up, it wants my neck to arch, so that I'm looking at my feet.

I don't want to look at my feet while driving. Ha!

The FIT has a completely different seating arrangement than my old car. It pushes in on my lower spine, which can be very painful sometimes. In MY car, that rattling sound comes from old bones in my back.

Where I DO want some support, is at my neck.

Old 01-18-2009, 11:34 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Super Mario
I disagree. Its more of a VIP/LUX thing. Junction Produce/Garson/DAD (garson and DAD are the same but make two different styles) makes some that are super super comfy.

autofashionusa.com sells them.

Name:  01-17-09_0019-1.jpg
Views: 408
Size:  84.2 KB

Old 01-18-2009, 11:34 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by TaffetaWhite
The pillows that go on the base of the headrest so it's not so uncomfortable? I've seen them in cars, I have no idea what they are called, and I haven't seen them in any stores.

Do they have a special name??? While searching, I got travel pillows and pillows for beds. The only ones I found were "neck bones" that have some kind of vibrating thing for cars...and I really don't want to doze off while driving. And Hello Kitty ones.
TW-
The cheapest ones are on eBay. These are better, and more expensive:
AutoSport Catalog - Memory Foam Neck Pillow 800-953-0814

Old 01-18-2009, 05:18 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fit4Trav
I disagree. Its more of a VIP/LUX thing. Junction Produce/Garson/DAD (garson and DAD are the same but make two different styles) makes some that are super super comfy.

autofashionusa.com sells them.

Thanks everyone! I like the looks of the one in the image above. Of course, my seats don't look as nice. I also like the idea of removable, washable covers. Thanks to you all, I'm finding more of a range and that helps a lot!

Old 01-18-2009, 05:27 PM
5 Year Member
^^No problem. Those are xB seats BTW not fit seats

Old 01-18-2009, 06:04 PM
Banned
One last little piece of advice re: your comment "I don't want to be looking at my feet".
The thicker the pillow, the better the view of your feet. The cheap, "bow tie" Mugen and Honda logo neck pillows on eBay are shipped from China, and do the job OK without being so thick that they push your head down. But the Chinese pillows are done with a kind of velvet material that really likes to hang onto lint.

Old 01-18-2009, 07:16 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
I have the Mugen ones and they work great but I don't really notice them unless I am in traffic and have my head back resting. The rest of the time, they usually don't have much function. Here is a picture:

I know they are not real Mugen but they fit the Mugen theme for my car - Mugen E-brake cover has been ordered and should be shipped this week! I found the neck pillows on E-bay and they were not expensive but they look really nice and I've had them on the car for awhile without any problems.

Cat :x