Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

fit for toyota ft86?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 05:21 PM
5 Year Member
fit for toyota ft86?

the more i think about it the more i want it. do you guys think the toyota FT-85 would be a good, fuel efficient, fun car? i am guessing mpg will be around civic si?

im actually leaning towards the subaru version...but i know the price will be more expensive and gas mileage will be lower than the toyota version.

i just hope the toyota will keep the celica name for the ft-86.

Fit to ft-86...i am just thinking..ill decide when it actually comes out. but i LOVE the design.

thoughts?

Old 03-10-2010, 05:27 PM
Yeah, I'm turned on by it. My plan "was" to sell my Miata and buy one. That with my wifes Fit would be a pretty neat combination. I'm having second thoughts though. I don't know what or how Toyota is going to straighten out the mess they're in right now. Only time will tell.

Old 03-10-2010, 05:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fitcious
the more i think about it the more i want it. do you guys think the toyota FT-85 would be a good, fuel efficient, fun car? i am guessing mpg will be around civic si?

im actually leaning towards the subaru version...but i know the price will be more expensive and gas mileage will be lower than the toyota version.

i just hope the toyota will keep the celica name for the ft-86.

Fit to ft-86...i am just thinking..ill decide when it actually comes out. but i LOVE the design.

thoughts?
It's up to you man. I personally would never buy a Toyota. I'm a hater.

Old 03-10-2010, 06:04 PM
Hearing everything about toyotas today... I see them as the same company I've seen long time ago. I had my favorite cars from them and such... Every car manufacture has it's flaw. People forgetting what happened in the past with GM, Ford and etc...

ANYWAYS... I just hope toyota doesn't change the design on the ft-86. Being a RWD I want it... I'm a subaru guy also and own a subaru. I would go for the new sti body style. But I think it would be fun to change things a bit.

Old 03-10-2010, 06:10 PM
Originally Posted by DatFIT
Every car manufacture has it's flaw. People forgetting what happened in the past with GM, Ford and etc...
I'm not faulting them for their flaws. I realize every manufacturer has that problem occasionally. What does concern me is their attempt to cover up the problems. It's the integrity of the company that has me concerned and not so much their product.

Old 03-10-2010, 06:37 PM
Originally Posted by JDMxGE8
It's up to you man. I personally would never buy a Toyota. I'm a hater.
HATER!!! lol jk matt... :p

i think instead of developing the LF-A, which was useless imo, they should have spent the money on the FT development

but anyway.. by the time it comes out u'd prob be sick of the fit anyway... so.. decide when the time comes

Old 03-10-2010, 07:34 PM
5 Year Member
I wouldn't want a FT-86, it's a totally different kind of car than the Fit, especially since it will be rear wheel drive. From everything I've seen and heard the FT-86 will make for a nice toy. It won't be as practical as the Fit though. Looks like it will cost more and carry less, even though it's a considerably larger automobile.

Old 03-10-2010, 09:16 PM
5 Year Member
i hate on toyota because their modern cars are completely soulless appliances. high hopes for the car and all but i just don't see toyota making a legit enthusiast car.

Old 03-10-2010, 11:08 PM
Originally Posted by Jensen Healy
I wouldn't want a FT-86, it's a totally different kind of car than the Fit, especially since it will be rear wheel drive. From everything I've seen and heard the FT-86 will make for a nice toy. It won't be as practical as the Fit though. Looks like it will cost more and carry less, even though it's a considerably larger automobile.
LOL. Very true. The Fit is probably the most practical car on the road. But if I sell my toy Miata and buy a toy FT that should work out o.k.