Racing A place to discuss upcoming and past Fit racing events.

JCrim's Road Racing Thread - Stay Tuned!

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2011, 01:31 AM

Old 11-26-2011, 08:25 PM
5 Year Member
Custom hybrid racing shifter to Honda fit did this today. I'm Rino lining it now to match the shifter.

No modification was done to the shifter nor chassis. Simply a bolt on bracket (use existing oem Honda bolt holes and hardware.)

More to come here shortly after primer dries.

Old 11-26-2011, 11:19 PM
5 Year Member

Old 11-27-2011, 01:38 AM
5 Year Member
i guess i don't understand how it mounts, ie it going to be closer to the steering wheel? or about the same distance as stock?
you're the man crim! - i wish i had just half your ambition!!!

Old 11-27-2011, 10:50 AM
5 Year Member
Haha thanks man. It mounts to the perfect location in respect to racing. I'll install here in a little bit and snap some shots.

Old 11-27-2011, 07:58 PM
5 Year Member
finished my Hybrid Racing to Honda fit adapter

Old 11-27-2011, 09:59 PM
5 Year Member
Very nice dude! Looks sick!

Old 11-28-2011, 08:49 AM
BTW, with the racepak, does it have any bearing on the hybrid harness you had done. Didnt know if the racepak uses factory harness for the gauges or not.

Old 11-28-2011, 10:03 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dled1286
BTW, with the racepak, does it have any bearing on the hybrid harness you had done. Didnt know if the racepak uses factory harness for the gauges or not.

well heres some info.

I had my chasebays harness made to mate with Kpro, RDX injectors, and a K20A type R specifically. so that takes care of the motor and ecu.

I also have the Hybrid Racing universal race harness, this will take care of all the chassis specific sensors (including wide band O2). this harness will mate with the chasbays one.

With the IQ3 Racepak, I oped to pay an extra amount of money to have the KPro 1 wire interface cable. Basically the IQ3 will go DIRECTLY to my KPro ECU and will ready everything the ECU can see.

I used money to make my life easier... we shall see.. lol

Old 11-28-2011, 11:08 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JCrimson
I used money to make my life easier... we shall see.. lol
Too bad this couldn't be true for more things lol

Old 11-29-2011, 09:37 PM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
that is a rather sweet shifter box setup you fabricated.

Old 11-30-2011, 11:00 AM
5 Year Member
soly hhit!!!! freaking awesome - you make me jealous ^^^^ is this custom built just for you? or are they gonna make a sellable kit? i see the base seems to be built GD floor specific, i wonder how much the GE is different? -- awwww forget it, i really want my sloppy CRX shifter fixxed up first
sweet shit Crim!!!

Old 11-30-2011, 11:31 AM
Vtecfit1, im pretty sure Hybridracing has the K-swap fit shifter stuff for sale but im not sure about the box J has around the shifter, it may or may not bc it does look like it was custom welded/fab'd. But at the VERY LEAST the K-swap shifter is for sale.

Hybrid Racing K Swap Bolt-In Short Shifter - Shifter Mounting Plate - Swap Parts

Old 11-30-2011, 08:43 PM
sick Fit man, sick Fit..

Old 11-30-2011, 08:54 PM
5 Year Member
Keep up the good work J !!! Looking forward to the 1st video out on track with K POWA !!

Old 12-01-2011, 08:46 AM
Originally Posted by FitFlowjoe
Keep up the good work J !!! Looking forward to the 1st video out on track with K POWA !!
Why do i have a feeling that this might be coming this weekend...

Old 12-01-2011, 09:09 AM
5 Year Member
As much as has gone into JCs project and his knowledge of chassis and suspension setup I'll bet it isn't long before he adjust and fine tunes what he can't adjust to... There's going to be a lot of people at the track either scratching their heads or laughing like mad men.

Old 12-01-2011, 09:47 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by vtecfit1
soly hhit!!!! freaking awesome - you make me jealous ^^^^ is this custom built just for you? or are they gonna make a sellable kit? i see the base seems to be built GD floor specific, i wonder how much the GE is different? -- awwww forget it, i really want my sloppy CRX shifter fixxed up first
sweet shit Crim!!!
hahah thanks man. Me and a buddy of mine (close, fellow road racer) fabricated this in his garage out of some steel I bought from lowes. lol I chose steel because I wanted it very very sturdy and he only has a mig welder.. lol I'm sure the auto gd3 chassis might be a little different. I told him he should mass produce them, hes sitting on a gold mine. lol just too busy with the new baby and wife and house and me from time to time lol. theh funniest part, he is a simply carpenter, a good one, but none the less, just a carpenter. his measurements are awesome and right on. he sees more than I do about this kind of stuff. i just said "hey man, lets make this fit with some kind of bracket but using oem location and oem bolt.' Done. lol I painted it and smoothed out the roughness.

Originally Posted by midnightrun
sick Fit man, sick Fit..
thanks much man! I can't wait to crank her. damn it its killing me!

Originally Posted by FitFlowjoe
Originally Posted by dled1286
Why do i have a feeling that this might be coming this weekend...
haha I wish bro. But this track weekend isnt for me. Its my buddy myles. this is his first road race/ HPDE experience. he's always wanted to do it. so he grabbed a miata. 1991 miata for $500. haha we, of course, track preped it. IE: pads, fluid, wheels, tires.. etc, and all the normal maintence. we even replaced the tranny and clutch. all in all he got a killer deal. he turned 21 about a month ago and all of us friends pitched in to buy him this first track weekend. Ill be going to the track to help tech for him because when you are a newb, so much is going on and class and blah blah blah, he wont have time to do crap like tire psi, food, check car. etc.

some im pretty much there for the beer and cars hahaa.

Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
As much as has gone into JCs project and his knowledge of chassis and suspension setup I'll bet it isn't long before he adjust and fine tunes what he can't adjust to... There's going to be a lot of people at the track either scratching their heads or laughing like mad men.
I got a little trick up my sleeve for this too. Not going to give any hints but this would be pretty major O.O

UPDATE:
Last night, me and my carpenter friend fabbed up my EP3 accel pedal. fits great! didnt have time to snap pics cause we were loading up for the track this weekend after we got finished. I did start to drill the hole through the fire wall so I can run the new accel cable. This is an easy task but what makes it so hard is the position of the pedal. I think we may have improved the fit's design

I also purchased my swap header yesterday. It's the 1 and only Hasport prototype header that they made for JPax. Luck has guided it to me. lol so I snagged it. I think Im going to get it replicated so others have a simple bolt on solution for the future if they ever want to swap. Just trying to give back to the community and I personally would love to see a rival k20a track fit on the same track as me. so i encourage this. haha

Old 12-01-2011, 10:29 AM
Originally Posted by JCrimson

haha I wish bro. But this track weekend isnt for me. Its my buddy myles. this is his first road race/ HPDE experience. he's always wanted to do it. so he grabbed a miata. 1991 miata for $500. haha we, of course, track preped it. IE: pads, fluid, wheels, tires.. etc, and all the normal maintence. we even replaced the tranny and clutch. all in all he got a killer deal. he turned 21 about a month ago and all of us friends pitched in to buy him this first track weekend. Ill be going to the track to help tech for him because when you are a newb, so much is going on and class and blah blah blah, he wont have time to do crap like tire psi, food, check car. etc.

some im pretty much there for the beer and cars hahaa.

LOL! What more is needed?! Thats an awesome deal he got for such an awesome starter track car. Someday i would like to make it to a track and do a few laps...someday

Old 12-02-2011, 02:48 PM
BTW...thx for the header J, cant wait to get it on^_^

Quick Reply: JCrim's Road Racing Thread - Stay Tuned!