Texas Fits, Anything goes thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 12:11 PM
So here are a few quick pictures of my new rims. I woke up and decided to go ahead and wash my car and take a few pics. Hopefully it wont rain today and I can go get a few pictures out somewhere nice instead of my driveway.

Let me know what you guys think. Enjoy!

Old 07-24-2010, 01:42 PM
5 Year Member
Now you are going to need a full time armed guard to keep thieves away, or you could just sleep in your car.... Those are beautiful wheels.

Old 07-24-2010, 04:03 PM
5 Year Member
I have the same style on a lot of my slot cars. Nice wheels. Mine are $10 a a pair

Name:  009-3.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  52.5 KB

Old 07-24-2010, 06:05 PM
Haha nice. Yeah I wish I had gotten mine for only $10. Yeah well they should be protected, I have wheel locks on them now, but I may order another set and double them up. But we also have a 12 gauge protecting my car

Old 07-24-2010, 06:25 PM
5 Year Member
After reading your post I began worrying about my wheels when I go out of town overnight or have to park it in the dark part of a lot or on the street...

Old 07-24-2010, 06:38 PM
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
After reading your post I began worrying about my wheels when I go out of town overnight or have to park it in the dark part of a lot or on the street...

Just purchase some wheel locks from Bernardi Honda for like $34 (without shipping), and put them on. Also turn your steering wheel all the way to one side and let it lock so that they cannot take off the front wheels. Because the wheel is at an awkward angle it is very hard to take off the wheel without making alot of noise. But i would recommend wheel locks. Hopefully I am going to build a custom motion sensor that is hooked up to a hidden switch with a delay (so it wont go off the second I hit hte switch) so at night it will sense if anyone comes within 20 feet of my car.

Old 07-24-2010, 10:35 PM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Where's the smiley for "those wheels are pure sex?"

Sigh....I'd never be able to afford them though. Are you going to rig up electricity to your car? Like 100 volts or something?

Old 07-26-2010, 04:15 PM
5 Year Member
Another Texas turd floater with thunder, lightening and high winds... This is the second one in 16 hours and explains my overwhelming aches and pains..... I just hope it'll cool things down long enough for me to do some wrenching on my car and the electricity doesn't go out.

Old 07-26-2010, 04:46 PM
5 Year Member
These afternoon showers are crazy. Just got back from walking the dog and storms are rolling in out of nowhere. I haven't been to DaNang, but I just experienced a suffocating type of humid heat with no wind. Nam must have sucked worse than can be imagined.

Old 07-26-2010, 06:14 PM
5 Year Member
My dog is going nuts with the thunder rumpling and the cloud cover has warranted turning on lights inside the house... My wife just got in and said she had to pull over, the rain was pouring down so hard.... The land scape timbers in front of the slab into the barn where she parks were floating but no problem for the Forester..."An inconvenient truth" it appears to me is going according to schedule so maybe Al Gore isn't an idiot after all.....

Old 07-26-2010, 09:05 PM
Glad to know I am not the only one getting hit with these stupid storms. I woke up a few days ago, checked the weather and it said 30% chance of rain, looked outside almost no clouds! I was like hooray I can wash my car! So I washed my car and got it all clean and planned on taking photos that night.....nope mother nature decided differently. It started pouring out of nowhere! and today it rained and was nasty outside. I am getting really irritated at this weather. One second it is comfortable, then it gets hot and muggy, then it rains.

On a good note I was at a dealership having my car looked over by a claims adjuster (because of the wheel theft) and someone walked by my car. Stopped walked back looked at the wheels took a few steps looked at them again gave that interesting look and walked off. I felt so proud of those sexy mugens!

Old 07-26-2010, 09:18 PM
5 Year Member
LOL, breaking necks with the Mugens FTW.

I hear you about the weather though. Its was really strange last week with spotted showers here and there, one section of the sky clear and another section filled with dark clouds. It was ridiculous.

Old 07-26-2010, 09:21 PM
5 Year Member
Now it's 82 with a slight breeze. Very nice out.

Old 07-26-2010, 09:35 PM
Has anyone in here lowered their fit? I am interested in lowering but I keep reading that everyone says to save up for coilovers and not to waste money on springs. Any ideas? comments? suggestions?

Old 07-26-2010, 09:39 PM
5 Year Member
^I am, I scraped the cr@p out of mine for the first time yesterday. It was up a steep incline where it crests, and then drops right back down, like an updown v. I cleared the front end of it just fine, but I straightened out too early and bit the hell out of the concrete right about where the rear seats are.

Old 07-26-2010, 09:42 PM
Originally Posted by baylorbro
^I am, I scraped the cr@p out of mine for the first time yesterday. It was up a steep incline where it crests, and then drops right back down, like an updown v. I cleared the front end of it just fine, but I straightened out too early and bit the hell out of the concrete right about where the rear seats are.
What are you riding on? And that sucks. Luckily I cant think of any hills my car wil be going on especially where I am going to college. I just want something that hugs the road a little more

Old 07-26-2010, 10:00 PM
5 Year Member
By the weekend the weather report out of Dallas is predicting 3 days of 100 degree temperatures.... I am hoping to get some good sleep, rise early and get some things done before steam start rising from the ground..... The one big negative of living in the woods is that there is no breeze unless the wind is really blowing hard and then it has to be from the north which results in sand and dust getting into everything.

Old 07-26-2010, 10:04 PM
5 Year Member
I think almost everyone in this thread has lowered their cars. I was about to say something about the massive 4x4 gap u got. But you took care of that for me.

Old 07-26-2010, 10:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mr.Bubbles
Has anyone in here lowered their fit? I am interested in lowering but I keep reading that everyone says to save up for coilovers and not to waste money on springs. Any ideas? comments? suggestions?
I haven't but several people here have. The biggest difference between spring and coils, aside from price of course, is the functionality.

With springs, you just install and have that spring's ride hieght; this is a good and cheap way to lower your vehicle's center of gravity, improve its stance, and stiffen/soften its ride depending on the spring. With coils, you can raise/lower the car's ride hieght, adjust the dampening, and some coils even allow you to adjust camber.

As for price, you can spend roughly $150 to $250 for a set of new springs and for coils roughly $900-$1400 both prices of course vary by manufacture, where you get them, and if it was a group buy or not.

Old 07-26-2010, 10:16 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mr.Bubbles
What are you riding on? And that sucks. Luckily I cant think of any hills my car wil be going on especially where I am going to college. I just want something that hugs the road a little more
Eibach sportlines. 1.8" drop in the front, 2" in the rear.

Quick Reply: Texas Fits, Anything goes thread