The Wasteland The wasteland is unmoderated. Please do not enter if you have a weak stomach or can easily be offended. Only Administrators will have the right to moderate posts here.

The Post Whore Thread V.2

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 02:09 PM
5 Year Member
Inclement weather day...no school!

Whooot!

Old 02-01-2011, 02:22 PM
5 Year Member
^ Lucky you.

/sitting in class now

Old 02-01-2011, 06:17 PM
5 Year Member
If the wind wasn't so strong it wouldn't be bad at all outside... I can't understand how it can be such a cold wind like it is blowing from the south.... Texas weather has always been strange but lately it has been goofy.

Old 02-02-2011, 10:18 AM
Just testing....

Old 02-02-2011, 11:20 AM
5 Year Member
Moar Scooby pics! /loves that body

Old 02-02-2011, 12:04 PM
5 Year Member
first post in the wasteland, hello all

Originally Posted by Btrthnezr3
So apparently I'm my school's Teacher of the Year...sigh...feels awkward.
you say you don't take praise well but you still deserve to be congratulated. so.... congrats!

anybody read about the new 2012 civic si getting the k24? sounded good to me till i read "integrated exhaust manifold" and "vtec only on the intake side" then i was all

Old 02-02-2011, 12:50 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GD3_Wagoon

you say you don't take praise well but you still deserve to be congratulated. so.... congrats!

anybody read about the new 2012 civic si getting the k24? sounded good to me till i read "integrated exhaust manifold" and "vtec only on the intake side" then i was all
explain to me what this means :x

Old 02-02-2011, 01:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Pandahh
explain to me what this means :x
in a nutshell, it means honda could have made a better car but left the decision making to the accountants instead of their engineers

Old 02-02-2011, 01:38 PM
5 Year Member
in a nutshell, it means honda could have made a better car but left the decision making to the accountants instead of their engineers
That applies to American cars more than any.... I think Honda is making an effort toward building more environmental friendly cars... The contracts on platinum used in catalytic converters has played out and the new catalytic metal being used requires more heat to work properly, so has to be located as close as possible to the cylinder head. They just built it into the head.

Old 02-02-2011, 02:51 PM
5 Year Member

I still might consider it. Stock Honda 4-banger with around 150lbs-ft of torque to the wheels sounds good to me.

Old 02-02-2011, 03:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
That applies to American cars more than any.... I think Honda is making an effort toward building more environmental friendly cars... The contracts on platinum used in catalytic converters has played out and the new catalytic metal being used requires more heat to work properly, so has to be located as close as possible to the cylinder head. They just built it into the head.
when you put it that way, it's an easier pill to swallow. i'm all for a smaller carbon footprint but i think honda can save that technology for the hx, hybrid, and natural gas iterations of the civic. personally, if i want a sporty car the last thing on my mind is its emissions rating

although, i understand and appreciate honda's commitment to building environmentally friendly cars for environmentally responsible consumers, i reserve my right to play armchair quarterback via keyboard, monitor, and poorly lit office

Originally Posted by JDMxGE8
I still might consider it. Stock Honda 4-banger with around 150lbs-ft of torque to the wheels sounds good to me.
according to temple of vtec, the numbers should be very similar to the current model tsx. expect 201-210hp and 170ft-lbs tq. pare
it's great performance from factory but that integrated manifold is a drag when you're decide you're ready for more [bolt-on] power.

Old 02-02-2011, 03:36 PM
5 Year Member
according to temple of vtec, the numbers should be very similar to the current model tsx. expect 201-210hp and 170ft-lbs tq. pare it's great performance from factory but that integrated manifold is a drag when you're decide you're ready for more [bolt-on] power.
Note that I said around 150lbs-ft to the wheels. I'm not too worried about the integrated exhaust manifold. I'm sure people will find a way to work around it.

Old 02-02-2011, 04:01 PM
5 Year Member
oops, my bad. i totally missed that part, i see numbers and my mind shuts off lol.

the k20 vs k24 SI reminds me of the f20c vs f22c s2k debate, it's kind of nostalgic lol. as long as more people find their way into a honda it's good for all of us. more honda revenue = more honda development. hopefully that translates into finishing the nsx successor and a new s2k successor.

Old 02-03-2011, 01:06 PM
5 Year Member
Home sick today...

I would LOVE a new Si.

Gawd that would be beastly. But alas, the fit fits my budget so I'll keep it til it's paid off...by then maybe the s2000 will come back (or some form thereof) and I'll pick one of those up. Haha.

Old 02-03-2011, 02:07 PM
5 Year Member
Home sick today...

I would LOVE a new Si.

Gawd that would be beastly. But alas, the fit fits my budget so I'll keep it til it's paid off...by then maybe the s2000 will come back (or some form thereof) and I'll pick one of those up. Haha.
Maybe Duke and I can show up on Sunday.... This critter is dragging up boar skulls, lawn furniture, ice chest and milk crates.... He will be wearing a electronic training collar soon... At least he stays close to the house and is now completely house broke except for wanting to climb into my lap, otherwise he stays off of the furniture... Every time I start getting mad he does something cute and endearing.

Old 02-03-2011, 02:18 PM
5 Year Member
oops, my bad. i totally missed that part, i see numbers and my mind shuts off lol.

the k20 vs k24 SI reminds me of the f20c vs f22c s2k debate, it's kind of nostalgic lol. as long as more people find their way into a honda it's good for all of us. more honda revenue = more honda development. hopefully that translates into finishing the nsx successor and a new s2k successor.
I totally agree. The more we support Honda, the more we get back in return. At least that's what I'm counting on. And since I dedicated my life to be a Honda enthusiast for life, they better put out some damn good cars. Later on this year, I'll be handing down my GE8 to my little brother who's getting his license. I'm stuck betweem 3 cars that I want to replace as my daily driver.

1. 2012 Honda Civic Si Sedan
2. 2012 Honda CR-Z EX / Turbo (If it actually goes into mass production)
3. 2009 Honda S2000

I'm leaning more towards the Civic Si Sedan, because it has 4 doors. Having being a Fit owner for the past 3 years, I noticed how convenient it is to have 2 extra doors and a shit load of cargo room. With the CR-Z, it's only a 2-seater, but it has a decent amount of cargo room. With the S2000, it's a 2-seater and has jack shit for cargo space. But then again, I've always wanted an S2000. I feel like if I don't get an S2000 now, I'll regret it. This is going to be a tough one...

Last edited by JDMxGE8; 02-03-2011 at 02:22 PM.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:36 PM
5 Year Member
I am planning on driving what I've got for the duration.. That doesn't necessarily mean I won't buy another car but there isn't anything out there at present I can't live without with more than 2 wheels.

Old 02-03-2011, 08:03 PM
Another test...

Old 02-08-2011, 10:25 PM
5 Year Member
Argh I'm so pissed. So another teacher let me borrow a wireless mouse and keyboard for an activity I was doing in class.

I returned everything two days later after school. And now she says I did not return the mouse. Grr. I asked her to look again and I even looked again. I found nothing. She emailed me and again said I did not return it. I told her I would get her another one but I'm still pissed. I picked it all up and returned it.

Is it stupid to be mad? I had it out on my desk before returning it and not in any drawer or anything. Grr.

Old 02-08-2011, 11:09 PM
5 Year Member
Argh I'm so pissed. So another teacher let me borrow a wireless mouse and keyboard for an activity I was doing in class.

I returned everything two days later after school. And now she says I did not return the mouse. Grr. I asked her to look again and I even looked again. I found nothing. She emailed me and again said I did not return it. I told her I would get her another one but I'm still pissed. I picked it all up and returned it.

Is it stupid to be mad? I had it out on my desk before returning it and not in any drawer or anything. Grr.
It's a fucking mouse, just tell the bitch the damned thing is hiding somewhere and to get some stinky cheese and set some fucking traps.

Quick Reply: The Post Whore Thread V.2