1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

What did you do to the GD Fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2013, 08:25 AM
5 Year Member
Just ordered a shift knob from stillhood.com in their midnight purple color

Old 10-05-2013, 02:33 AM
5 Year Member
Installed the brilliant T1R Basic Dampers. Still have yet to do the tuning, crossweight adjustments, and wheel alignment. Regardless, the handling is STUNNING! Can't wait to get this installation polished.

Old 10-05-2013, 04:09 AM
5 Year Member
Currently using it for a road trip. So far covered approximately 1,000 miles in 2 days and got to my destination around 8 PM Central time. When the sun comes up, I'll be giving it a quick wash, look over and hunt down this Dragon that Klasse Act was talking about last year.

Old 10-05-2013, 07:01 PM
5 Year Member
Just got back from the Dragon and had a blast out there. It was an amazing and challenging road to drive as well as had absolutely stunning scenery along it. I highly recommend that anyone who really enjoys spirited driving to head to it whenever they get a chance.

While there I spotted a couple of GD3s... Seen what appeared to be a MR (Milano Red) with possibly a JDM front but for sure a carbon or carbon wrapped hood as well as seen a BOM (Blaze Orange Metallic) parked under one of the photographer tents. Would that happen to be anyone on here?

Edit: Happened to find the BOM on one of my Go Pro videos hanging out under Killboy's tent. Here's a pic of it.

Name:  BOMTOTD_zps03886d4d.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  91.6 KB

Last edited by Hootie; 10-05-2013 at 08:29 PM.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:12 AM
5 Year Member
I think Danyelle was there this past weekend.
Where is the "Dragon" I'm living north of Knoxville now and have heard about the great driving that takes place

Old 10-09-2013, 12:09 PM
5 Year Member
Trav, its on the TN/NC border.

In the middle of nowhere.

Old 10-09-2013, 01:51 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fit4Trav
I think Danyelle was there this past weekend.
Where is the "Dragon" I'm living north of Knoxville now and have heard about the great driving that takes place
It's South/South East of Knoxville, roughly an hour to hour and a half drive from Knoxville depending on how you drive, the route you take and traffic. Taking highway 411 to 129 (road the Dragon is on) is the most direct. Taking 411 to 72 and then joining 129 is even more fun though.

Old 10-11-2013, 06:39 PM
Banned
5 Year Member
went to the country and got some moonshine.

Old 10-12-2013, 08:32 PM
5 Year Member
Old 10-12-2013, 09:06 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Well today was bittersweet. I showed my Fit in our last show ever. Driving to the show realizing that I would never drive my Fit onto a show ground again to compete was a little sad. It has been an awesome journey from where I started in Feb. 2007 when I decided to trade in my 11 year old Ford Ranger XLT for a Honda. Found the Fit on line and fell in love. Found Fit Freaks while researching the car and joined up in February of that year. Finally after 3 months of waiting my car did not show up. Really wanted the VBP but the Milano Red came in and the people who wanted it, could not get financing. With all the great modifications people were doing to their Fits I started out with tint and then some Mugen items. Modifying is like potato chips just can't have one. Now 30 trophy wins later - it is time to say that the Fit is officially and forever retired from showing. Will begin to save money for my next Honda project that will not happen for a few more years. I will still be driving my baby everyday and with only 38,000 miles praying I can keep driving for many more years. Hope to be more active on the forum now that showing and detailing will not be taking up so much of my time. Here is a little final shot that my friend took for me....

Old 10-12-2013, 10:29 PM
5 Year Member
Congratulations on the 30 trophies, Cat! I guess now it's time to enjoy the Fit for cruising around? Any hints on the next Honda project?

Old 10-12-2013, 11:10 PM
5 Year Member
Well today was bittersweet. I showed my Fit in our last show ever. Driving to the show realizing that I would never drive my Fit onto a show ground again to compete was a little sad. It has been an awesome journey from where I started in Feb. 2007 when I decided to trade in my 11 year old Ford Ranger XLT for a Honda. Found the Fit on line and fell in love. Found Fit Freaks while researching the car and joined up in February of that year. Finally after 3 months of waiting my car did not show up. Really wanted the VBP but the Milano Red came in and the people who wanted it, could not get financing. With all the great modifications people were doing to their Fits I started out with tint and then some Mugen items. Modifying is like potato chips just can't have one. Now 30 trophy wins later - it is time to say that the Fit is officially and forever retired from showing. Will begin to save money for my next Honda project that will not happen for a few more years. I will still be driving my baby everyday and with only 38,000 miles praying I can keep driving for many more years. Hope to be more active on the forum now that showing and detailing will not be taking up so much of my time. Here is a little final shot that my friend took for me....

"Love ya buddy"

So long MR Fit! He's been a top contender for a long time here and will be missed :+)
But the adventures with the Fit are about to get really good now. Keep us updated on all the cool places he takes ya to.
So what is the theme on your next show-n-go car Cat?
The Best on your next project,
Mike

Last edited by Perrenoud Fit; 10-12-2013 at 11:23 PM.
Old 10-13-2013, 12:00 AM
Banned
Well at least owning a Fit you will have the room to carry around your big pile of trophies.

Old 10-13-2013, 07:00 AM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jmsplitfyre
Congratulations on the 30 trophies, Cat! I guess now it's time to enjoy the Fit for cruising around? Any hints on the next Honda project?

Thanks! Yes I am getting ready to have the CF hood re-clear coated and I getting the stocker rims painted in the spring. So I still plan to work on my Fit and keep it looking pretty as long as I can. The new project will be a classic Honda. I was first thinking a CRX but now I am leaning more towards a Del Sol. I love both cars but which ever one it is will be bagged so I can lower it to the ground. It will be modified but totally clean and more performance than appearance.

Old 10-13-2013, 08:00 AM
Installed seat.

Old 10-15-2013, 06:44 PM
5 Year Member
The rubber piece on my clutch pedal came off and as i was backing out of a parking spot my foot slipped and i dumped the clutch in reverse front in front of a semi truck. good thing it was in a parking lot and he was already stopping.

On another note I've been looking at street view in Japan and have seen a few modded Fits.

Old 10-15-2013, 07:08 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hehn
The rubber piece on my clutch pedal came off and as i was backing out of a parking spot my foot slipped and i dumped the clutch in reverse front in front of a semi truck. good thing it was in a parking lot and he was already stopping.

On another note I've been looking at street view in Japan and have seen a few modded Fits.

Thank god bro. Would have been a close call.

I finally drove my Fit for the first time in maybe 3-4 days after my bs hospital fiesta. Yes I use fiesta with sarcasm haha. Felt good getting into the JDM badged Fit.

Old 10-16-2013, 04:12 AM
shift knob and interior paint!

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 10-16-2013, 10:54 AM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member

post screen shots of them!

Old 10-17-2013, 12:26 PM
Banned
5 Year Member

where was this??

Quick Reply: What did you do to the GD Fit today?